• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that....

They beat us over the head with " they will be safe in the crypt".

Ummmm, did he forget what the Night King did with a bunch of dead bodies laying around in Hardhome?

Like, did HBO really believe we weren't gonna see where this was heading?

Are we really supposed to buy that Jon, Tyrion, and FFS BRAN, wouldn't realize what a monumental cock up this would be?

Safe in a crypt full of dead people.....

* Stares in stunned silence *

This has to be a red herring.
Yeah, hoping the writers are not THAT stupid.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that....

Ummmm, did he forget what the Night King did with a bunch of dead bodies laying around in Hardhome?

Are we really supposed to buy that Jon, Tyrion, and FFS BRAN, wouldn't realize what a monumental cock up this would be?

I think its a red herring too. I'm guessing the wights find a way to breach the crypts and it takes out some secondary characters. I'd (sort of) like to see Stark ancestors raised from the dead but tbh that's something that could come up in the books that won't make it into the show.

It would be a badass scene though. I could see the girl that reminded Davos of Shireen making an appearance after she dies. The show can't do everything the books does but that would be a decent reminder of what the Night King can do.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Catelyn buried down there? Maybe we get a little Lady Stonehart action afterall.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...thats super interesting. I would love to see something like this.

It made me think of Benjen for a moment. Its never said, but I always read it that he was possibly dead, reanimated and fighting it off. Maybe something of an immunity is in the Starks for this.

In the least Benjen shows that dragon glass to the heart isn't what turns you evil but perhaps you are right, maybe Starks have some sort of immunity to that, same as Targs having immunity to fire.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers said they didn't want to take away from the impact of killing a dragon. I think in hindsight they over estimated the importance of that.

Well they made killing a dragon look pretty easy for the Night King. Hopefully there is some discussion of not bringing the dragons out to fight because the skinny blue mother fucker can one shot them with ice lances from a couple hundred yards away like it's nothing. Maybe that's a big contributing factor to them losing the battle next week? Or maybe the dragons will be too hungry because they still have not addressed how the food stocks at Winterfell were going to feed all those people. I mean, they mentioned it would be a problem but it appears to not be a problem at all.

I'm overthinking this though. The dragons are probably going to be flying around and the Night King is going to just not one shot them for whatever reason.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Catelyn buried down there? Maybe we get a little Lady Stonehart action afterall.

There's been no mention of her body ever being retrieved from the Twins. Would have seemed like it would be a reasonable thing for Jamie to have offered it to Edmure in Season 6 but who knows what happened to her by that point. It was probably too late.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that....

Read something that the iron swords they were burried with had something to do with protecting from this. Something about wights and WW not liking iron. Evidently there's a quote from Ned somewhere saying some are so old the swords are starting to turn to dust.

I still think you are probably right. I tend to think whats in the crypts is a good thing. But the set ups from last episode sure makes it seem like it won't be.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else kind of get the vibe that there might be some racists in the North?

I suppose it would make sense that there would be when you consider the culture this is based on and we already know how bigoted most of them were towards wildlings.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else kind of get the vibe that there might be some racists in the North?

I suppose it would make sense that there would be when you consider the culture this is based on.

"Vibe"? They are all but coming out and saying it. The brown characters show up and some of the white Northerners look at them with raised eyebrows and leave.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed a character for my episode 3 death prediction list;

Gendry. Literally no reason for him to be around anymore. He's already made everyone weapons. He boned Arya. Extremely doubtful that him being Robert's bastard is gonna be the thing that puts him on the throne. So yeah, no story threads left. RIP Gendry

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Vibe"? They are all but coming out and saying it. The brown characters show up and some of the white Northerners look at them with raised eyebrows and leave.

Hahaha true! They made a point to mention that they don't care for outsiders in general but they certainly seem to be putting more emphasis on Missandei and Grey Worm. I wasn't sure if I was reading too much into something that wasn't there or not.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed a character for my episode 3 death prediction list;

Gendry. Literally no reason for him to be around anymore. He's already made everyone weapons. He boned Arya. Extremely doubtful that him being Robert's bastard is gonna be the thing that puts him on the throne. So yeah, no story threads left. RIP Gendry
Bro,

Robert said in Episode one...

I have a Son, you have a daughter.

Our houses will be joined.

Didn't happen with Lyanna and Robert or Psycho Joffrey Dalmer and Sansa.

Why not the 2 most unlikely offspring?

She wouldn't blink at scoffing at tradition and marrying a bastard.

Look how she treated Jon.

Only problem I can see is, Arya's dick is likely bigger.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha true! They made a point to mention that they don't care for outsiders in general but they certainly seem to be putting more emphasis on Missandei and Grey Worm. I wasn't sure if I was reading too much into something that wasn't there or not.
No, I saw it too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read something that the iron swords they were burried with had something to do with protecting from this. Something about wights and WW not liking iron. Evidently there's a quote from Ned somewhere saying some are so old the swords are starting to turn to dust.

I still think you are probably right. I tend to think whats in the crypts is a good thing. But the set ups from last episode sure makes it seem like it won't be.
That would just....be too much to see the Stark kids fighting off headless wight Ned.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a red herring too. I'm guessing the wights find a way to breach the crypts and it takes out some secondary characters. I'd (sort of) like to see Stark ancestors raised from the dead but tbh that's something that could come up in the books that won't make it into the show.

It would be a badass scene though. I could see the girl that reminded Davos of Shireen making an appearance after she dies. The show can't do everything the books does but that would be a decent reminder of what the Night King can do.
Do you remember the promo of Arya running terrified thru the crypts this summer?

I just don't want to see wigt Ned.

PS. If they kill Lyanna Mormont, I riot.....lol

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran is the man with a plan.

wb_800x600.gif

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that....

Yeah, supposedly there is a large iron door that protects the crypts and each Stark has an iron sword laid across their lap or on their bones. Interesting theory about Starks being immune to turning into wights. Is it possible that only a Stark can control their own undead in the crypts and that is why there has to be a Stark in Winterfell?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they don't like outsiders, and I'm guessing definitely don't like anyone from outside the kingdoms.