• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh... There is a loose end... Dorne... Is that lady still down in the King's Landing dungeons watching her daughter decompose?

I could be wrong but I don't consider that a loose end at all. If we don't see them again (as I suspect we won't) then I'd say that it's heavily implied that it plays out exactly as Cersei described it to Ellaria. And if at the end there's no one left to go down and feed Ellaria and give her water to keep her alive, that she'll die.

Are reanimated corpses stronger than the living versions of themselves? If that's the case then maybe we do see them again. Maybe reanimated Tyene breaks her chains and kills Ellaria.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So odds that anyone in the crypts makes it out of this episode alive?

Odds that anyone makes it out alive? I say 99.9%. The odds of everyone making it out alive would probably be the opposite of that.

I think Varys and a bunch of red shirts will die. Sansa, Gilly, and Baby Sam will most likely make it out.

Missandei will probably make it out as well unless Grey Worm survives the battle. I think one of those two dies and the other lives to learn of the other's death. I think it's more likely that Grey Worm dies and Missandei lives but I wouldn't be completely shocked if it's the other way around.

I forget what other named characters might be down there. Whoever they are, I could probably go either way on as to whether they live or die.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the first 2 episode, it feels very much like a chance to say goodbye to a BUNCH of people that are about to die.

Sure, or at the very least, it's the last time before everything irrevocably changes, live or die.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No meds, I mostly just lurk these days. Throw the odd comment on the Seahawks board, now and then post on TV shows, movies and gaming threads.

And for the record, I'm 100% in support of you complaining as much as you want to, I just reserve the right to tell you what an idiot you are.

Not that I deserve any credit for that, pretty low bar.

/runs

I hope you know my post is TOTALLY tongue in cheek... I had been thinking that there can be no complaining about show writing round these parts without your defense of it. It's luke the sun rising in the East.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am purely spitballing here, any chance that Little Sam is actually The Prince that Was Promised? That would explain the Knight King's actions, goals and motives better than anything. He didn't gather an army and attack the wall until Little Sam went south. The legend of The Prince that Was Promised was just assumed to be Azor Ahai. The prince that was promised could have been the 100th prince promised to the Knight King(Calling the WW Princes) in a treaty that ended the Long night. Since Samwell loves him so much, they are effectively sacrificing everyone else for Little Sam. Once Brandon realizes this, Little Sam has some dragonglass shoved in his chest.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's it hanging Payton btw?

Doing okay... Entered the land of teenage daughter, so stress is up lately.

Hope you're doing well too! You're one of those whose absence (or silence) is noticeable.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing okay... Entered the land of teenage daughter, so stress is up lately.

Hope you're doing well too! You're one of those whose absence (or silence) is noticeable.

My kid is now 19, so drama still, but less of it on my plate.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leia rises in the East!

Damn phone... LOL! (Actually its TOTALLY me, auto-correct off to prevent such things! Bamboozled!)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the next sex scene won't be with someone who could be mistaken for a little boy.

Just because a significant % of American men have larger breasts then she does...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've been so spoiled that we can't step back and take it in

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So odds that anyone in the crypts makes it out of this episode alive?
Arya if that promo shot of her running thru the crypt is legit.

/End list

I just find it unimaginable that Jon would be this stupid after seeing what the Night King did at Hardhome.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya if that promo shot of her running thru the crypt is legit.

/End list

I just find it unimaginable that Jon would be this stupid after seeing what the Night King did at Hardhome.

His general battle strategy is to get outflanked and luckbox a victory. He is almost unbeatable in combat but they should have let Tyrion plan this one.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many for one episode IMO...

Honestly, the greatest weakness the writers are showing at this point is an inability to kill off characters. It is what made the series unique early on IMO....

Seriously, think about the crew that went beyond the wall to get a wight... Only one sorta known character died, and if I had to pick one to go, that was the one....

Main characters just aren't dying. Sure, some will soon, but not this many in one episode. Not seeing it. They'll make a huge deal our of one or two deaths, like Theon and the Little Bear Island Lady or something. Doubt we see a major blood letting.

The writers said they didn't want to take away from the impact of killing a dragon. I think in hindsight they over estimated the importance of that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His general battle strategy is to get outflanked and luckbox a victory. He is almost unbeatable in combat but they should have let Tyrion plan this one.
Not only that....

They beat us over the head with " they will be safe in the crypt".

Ummmm, did he forget what the Night King did with a bunch of dead bodies laying around in Hardhome?

Like, did HBO really believe we weren't gonna see where this was heading?

Are we really supposed to buy that Jon, Tyrion, and FFS BRAN, wouldn't realize what a monumental cock up this would be?

Safe in a crypt full of dead people.....

* Stares in stunned silence *

This has to be a red herring.