• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show Dorne, sure...Book Dorne is so much more than the Martells.
agree

Dorne was brought down to just a group looking for revenge with no aspirations to sit on the throne. It was a sidestory that had some great parts (Oberyn's head getting squished, "most beautiful woman in the world)

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already crossed her off the list, but, yes, technically she still might be down there.
Along with the rotting shell of her daughter....

Seriously, though, Dorne was never in the equation to begin with.

I suppose not... I guess we're just supposed to assume that Cersei did to her what she said she was going to do, and Ellaria just pretty much spend the rest of her days down there... Can't imagine they'd have time to confirm that yeah, that is pretty much how that went... :D

Maybe a cut-away scene at the very end with Ellaria down there going, "Ummm hello? Anyone there? Excuse me but... "

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose not... I guess we're just supposed to assume that Cersei did to her what she said she was going to do, and Ellaria just pretty much spend the rest of her days down there... Can't imagine they'd have time to confirm that yeah, that is pretty much how that went... :D

Maybe Syrio Forel rescued her....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely in the camp that there was a lot of unnecessary crap in this last episode. I get the slow first episode, but man it felt like they waste a lot of time this week.

Also, LOL at Lyanna Mormont joining in the fight. I'm sure she'll single handedly take down a bunch of bad guys next week instead of getting murdered immediately.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tormund Giantsbane’s origin story is different in the books

In George R.R. Martin’s A Storm of Swords, Tormund tells a version of this origin story to Jon Snow during their travels. In this rendition, he says he was “half a boy and stupid the way boys are.” Caught in the middle of a winter storm, he sought warmth from a sleeping giant and “cut open her belly and crawled up right inside her.”

Then, this part of the story resembles the show:

Kept me warm enough, she did, but the stink near did for me. The worst thing was, she woke up when the spring come and took me for her babe. Suckled me for three whole moons before I could get away. Har! There’s times I miss the taste o’ giant’s milk, though.

Even Jon can see the glaring inconsistency in this tale: he points out that Tormund couldn’t have killed the giant, as his name implies, if she remained alive and took care of him. Tormund shrugs off the fact that he was just caught in a lie, admitting that he didn’t actually kill the giant. “Tormund Giantsbane has a better ring to it than Tormund Giantsbabe, and that’s the honest truth o’ it,” he says. He then proceeds to tell another outrageous tale, this time about how he once slept with a she-bear.
S3POqfC3BdSkcFPeTwz-B5_hUO8=.gif

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my theory about the NK being here to get his contract honored. once he re-establishes his rule and humans are honering that original bargain, he will return. my original thoughts required a stark to marry a whitewalker this time to get him to go back north. maybe not that, but somehow a stark is involved with the NK and a stark is joining the NK this time through to end this war.

if you look closely at the past seasons, the first time we ever saw the White Walkers marching as one army, coincided with the first time we ever saw Winterfell without a Stark in it, after Theon took the castle in season two and Bran and Rickon escaped and started their journey to the Wall. Eight thousand years ago, House Stark was first created, after a war between the White Walkers and men. In the books, it is implied that there was a peace treaty of some sort brokered, and perhaps part of that treaty was where the phrase “there must always be a Stark in Winterfell” came from. A magical bond between the White Walkers and the diplomatic leaders of the North who vouched to always be in the North to honor the agreements reached.

Last Night’s ‘Game of Thrones’ Episode Revealed a Major Theory from the Books to Be True

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it unfolds, the person on the Iron Throne might wind up with the least amount of power ever, asking themselves what it was all for....

that's been my thought all along. the big deal about who sits on the iron throne is a major misdirection. if there is someone sitting on the iron throne, it will be meaningless in how or why the war with the NK ended and the human race survived.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm before the storm. We've got episode length battles coming up. Boo freaking hoo, oh noes, we had to sort out the cast of thousands a wee bit as they all come to WF for the final act! We had to see a few payoffs of the stuff SET UP for season after season as to WHY we give 2 shits about these characters!

The fucking horror!

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my theory about the NK being here to get his contract honored. once he re-establishes his rule and humans are honering that original bargain, he will return. my original thoughts required a stark to marry a whitewalker this time to get him to go back north. maybe not that, but somehow a stark is involved with the NK and a stark is joining the NK this time through to end this war.

if you look closely at the past seasons, the first time we ever saw the White Walkers marching as one army, coincided with the first time we ever saw Winterfell without a Stark in it, after Theon took the castle in season two and Bran and Rickon escaped and started their journey to the Wall. Eight thousand years ago, House Stark was first created, after a war between the White Walkers and men. In the books, it is implied that there was a peace treaty of some sort brokered, and perhaps part of that treaty was where the phrase “there must always be a Stark in Winterfell” came from. A magical bond between the White Walkers and the diplomatic leaders of the North who vouched to always be in the North to honor the agreements reached.

Last Night’s ‘Game of Thrones’ Episode Revealed a Major Theory from the Books to Be True
You see organized movement of the Others before that though. The opening of the season would have required Others en mass, because they massacred an entire village before additionally capturing Lord Royce's son and his fellow Night's Watch rangers.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a lot of thought on Dany....as in..."what the fuck are they doing with her?". Yes, there has always been that hint of the mad Targaryan. But, she has applied that where needed and resisted it overall before she crossed the narrow sea. She freed the oppressed, was greatly loved. She spoke OFTEN about BREAKING the wheel.

Whats up Khaleesi? Starting at points last season and CERTAINLY what we are seeing so far you are not coming to break the wheel....you are coming to take your turn for as many revolutions as you can get. Not appealing.

Maybe this is clever set up for whatever (bittersweet) ending that is coming....but its been aggravating so far.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see organized movement of the Others before that though. The opening of the season would have required Others en mass, because they massacred an entire village before additionally capturing Lord Royce's son and his fellow Night's Watch rangers.

the NK has no love for the nights watch without a stark running the nights watch, the nights watch are just more humans in violation of the original agreement that no humans are allowed north of the wall.

but that is all based on the theory that the truth was lost over time and most of the legends handed down were re-written by humans to make man appear the victor in that original war.

unless im misunderstanding your point.

Last edited:

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NK has no love for the nights watch without a stark running the nights watch, the nights watch are just more humans in violation of the original agreement that no humans are allowed north of the wall.

but that is all based on the theory that the truth was lost over time and most of the legends handed down were re-written by humans to make man appear the victor in that original war.

unless im misunderstanding your point.
Yeah, you are. An organized posse of Others massacred a Wildling village...which the Rangers came north to investigate and then were ambushed. Point being, the Others were already on the move, well before any of the Starks, including Jon, left Winterfell.

This points to some other catalyst. It wasn't the Wildlings that had always been north of the wall, nor the Watch which ranged north of the wall since inception.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm before the storm. We've got episode length battles coming up. Boo freaking hoo, oh noes, we had to sort out the cast of thousands a wee bit as they all come to WF for the final act! We had to see a few payoffs of the stuff SET UP for season after season as to WHY we give 2 shits about these characters!

The fucking horror!

There had simply been too much complaining without chf complaining about people complaining...

Annakin brings balance to the force

The NK brings balance to Westeros

Chf brings balance to TV show debate.

Glad you forgot your meds! Welcome back! ;)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a lot of thought on Dany....as in..."what the fuck are they doing with her?". Yes, there has always been that hint of the mad Targaryan. But, she has applied that where needed and resisted it overall before she crossed the narrow sea. She freed the oppressed, was greatly loved. She spoke OFTEN about BREAKING the wheel.

Whats up Khaleesi? Starting at points last season and CERTAINLY what we are seeing so far you are not coming to break the wheel....you are coming to take your turn for as many revolutions as you can get. Not appealing.

But there are too many examples to count of characters doing just that, failing because of hubris, or greed, or hurt feelings, or whatever other human failings GRRM wants to toss out.

Ned Stark, pretty bright guy, WAAAAAY too trusting, meets his end. His eldest son Robb, pretty bright, undefeated in the field, but thinks with the small head instead of the big head, meets his end. Etc etc etc.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had simply been too much complaining without chf complaining about people complaining...

Annakin brings balance to the force

The NK brings balance to Westeros

Chf brings balance to TV show debate.

Glad you forgot your meds! Welcome back! ;)

No meds, I mostly just lurk these days. Throw the odd comment on the Seahawks board, now and then post on TV shows, movies and gaming threads.

And for the record, I'm 100% in support of you complaining as much as you want to, I just reserve the right to tell you what an idiot you are.

Not that I deserve any credit for that, pretty low bar.

/runs

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's it hanging Payton btw?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fucking horror!

I enjoyed the first 2 episode, it feels very much like a chance to say goodbye to a BUNCH of people that are about to die.