• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So odds that anyone in the crypts makes it out of this episode alive?

im still running with the theory the story of GoT is the result of humans rewriting history to fit our arrogance. something where the Night Kings job is to bring humans to their knees everytime they start over populating the planet. and the story behind GoT is man's desire for lust, greed, gold and power over all else.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely wasn't 2%......
Tormund Giantsbane’s origin story is different in the books

In George R.R. Martin’s A Storm of Swords, Tormund tells a version of this origin story to Jon Snow during their travels. In this rendition, he says he was “half a boy and stupid the way boys are.” Caught in the middle of a winter storm, he sought warmth from a sleeping giant and “cut open her belly and crawled up right inside her.”

Then, this part of the story resembles the show:

Kept me warm enough, she did, but the stink near did for me. The worst thing was, she woke up when the spring come and took me for her babe. Suckled me for three whole moons before I could get away. Har! There’s times I miss the taste o’ giant’s milk, though.

Even Jon can see the glaring inconsistency in this tale: he points out that Tormund couldn’t have killed the giant, as his name implies, if she remained alive and took care of him. Tormund shrugs off the fact that he was just caught in a lie, admitting that he didn’t actually kill the giant. “Tormund Giantsbane has a better ring to it than Tormund Giantsbabe, and that’s the honest truth o’ it,” he says. He then proceeds to tell another outrageous tale, this time about how he once slept with a she-bear.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im still running with the theory the story of GoT is the result of humans rewriting history to fit our arrogance. something where the Night Kings job is to bring humans to their knees everytime they start over populating the planet. and the story behind GoT is man's desire for lust, greed, gold and power over all else.
Eh, unless the 3ER/Bran is either wrong or "partisan" (which it doesn't really seem like), I'm going with a no.

But you do you, boo.

iesheepdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think happy ending is the right way to describe it. Most of the characters are probably going to be dead. But ultimately I would be very surprised if the ending isn't one of the major characters(Jon, Dany, Tyrion) on the Iron Throne and the dead back to being dead.

I can agree to this, although I am not ruling out a Cercei victory.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the rest of the series, how many more times will someone turn to Jon Snow and tell him he knows nothing?

Bran? Sam? Arya?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree to this, although I am not ruling out a Cercei victory.

Anything is possible but honestly I think the show has made Cersei appear far more sympathetic than the show has. In the books, she is pretty much the emodiment of everything bad about humanity.

To put her on the Iron Throne at the end, after all the evil she has done, would be far worse than bittersweet.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible but honestly I think the show has made Cersei appear far more sympathetic than the show has. In the books, she is pretty much the emodiment of everything bad about humanity.

To put her on the Iron Throne at the end, after all the evil she has done, would be far worse than bittersweet.
Won't happen because of the prophecy.

Means something in the books. She won't survive, much less sit the throne in the end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone's already posted this and I missed it, my bad.
I literally lol'ed when I saw it.

4.png

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking Dany looks way too skinny

I liked her crack about Jon Snow being short.

"who was the love of your life?"
"Well he was much taller..."

jon-snow-and-khal-drogo-https-t-co-q4bxzckxq7-24173809.png

Reactions: gob

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the kingdoms split and the Iron Throne only winds up ruling over Kings Landing.
Iron Born are already emancipated if Dany wins.
The North wants independence.
Tyrells are gone.
Dorne is all but wiped out?

As it unfolds, the person on the Iron Throne might wind up with the least amount of power ever, asking themselves what it was all for....

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it unfolds, the person on the Iron Throne might wind up with the least amount of power ever, asking themselves what it was all for....

Would it be called the Ironic Throne?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kingdoms split and the Iron Throne only winds up ruling over Kings Landing.
Iron Born are already emancipated if Dany wins.
The North wants independence.
Tyrells are gone.
Dorne is all but wiped out?

Huh... There is a loose end... Dorne... Is that lady still down in the King's Landing dungeons watching her daughter decompose?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Tormund being written poorly in ep #2, I don't get that at all. His boasting (which he did a ton of) works beyond the wall, in that culture. South of the wall, it's going to come off like a fart in church.

That scene totally worked for me, it showed how much all the wildlings are fish out of water in the kingdoms.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh... There is a loose end... Dorne... Is that lady still down in the King's Landing dungeons watching her daughter decompose?

I already crossed her off the list, but, yes, technically she still might be down there.
Along with the rotting shell of her daughter....

Seriously, though, Dorne was never in the equation to begin with.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Tormund being written poorly in ep #2, I don't get that at all. His boasting (which he did a ton of) works beyond the wall, in that culture. South of the wall, it's going to come off like a fart in church.

That scene totally worked for me, it showed how much all the wildlings are fish out of water in the kingdoms.

+6000

Had the group gone beyond the wall, Tormund would be the life of the party and all the wildlings would be looking at the 'southerners' and their quiet drinking manners.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already crossed her off the list, but, yes, technically she still might be down there.
Along with the rotting shell of her daughter....

Seriously, though, Dorne was never in the equation to begin with.
Show Dorne, sure...Book Dorne is so much more than the Martells.