• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4fc73ecf10f4f5bdc79776cfa7cea1b6.gif

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading something that the Night King may head for Kings Landing first?

Maybe he didn't see the previews for Episode 3.....
Possible misdirection. The Northmen are armed to the teeth. The Walkers can send most of their army to tie up the Unsullied and the dragons, then head south to attack Kings Landing. Cersei wouldn't be prepared, and they'd have a huge army to replenish their losses at Winterfell.

We only saw the horses in the previews. Didn't see any walkers.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you kill White Walkers?
Fire does work on wights, who are very flammable. But White Walkers seem to be able to walk through it unscathed

giphy.gif
Those damn white walkers.

Sublight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old can corpses be and still be raised?
Jamie Lannister got whooped by the dragons, and the Dothraki.
Can all of those corpses be raised? How about ones from 10 years ago?
He could raise hundreds of thousands in the old battle fields.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like it has to be somewhat recent dead

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IIRC, the have to be killed by a WW or their dead to be brought back by the NK.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how aggressive they will be with the dragons and the risk of another ice javelin.

OTOH, NK must be close to fire one of those off.
Can the other WWs throw them?
Can the wight-giants fire bows/crossbows at the dragons?

I thought the very, very end the other night was a few WW's on thier horses.....all with ice spears in thier hands. Doesn't mean they can throw them like the NK.....but they certainly have found the right weapons to take into this battle.

Interesting on the theory of NK going to Kings Landing first. IN such a case maybe the handful of WWs shown at end of ep2 are just ranging over to occupy and distract those in Winterfell while the rest slip south.

Surely Bran would know this immediately....I mean....right?

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the very, very end the other night was a few WW's on thier horses.....all with ice spears in thier hands. Doesn't mean they can throw them like the NK.....but they certainly have found the right weapons to take into this battle.

Interesting on the theory of NK going to Kings Landing first. IN such a case maybe the handful of WWs shown at end of ep2 are just ranging over to occupy and distract those in Winterfell while the rest slip south.

Surely Bran would know this immediately....I mean....right?
Bran may know it, but we haven't seen Bran warging much. So we don't know if the NK can cloud his vision, now that he's been marked.

But we did see Walkers on horses with javelins. Did not see Viserion or the King.

Also, what defensive preparations have the defenders at Winterfell made for an ice dragon? Are they just basically hoping that the Night's King doesn't let it fuck everything up between the gates and the Godswood because he'll be too worried about Bran?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading something that the Night King may head for Kings Landing first?
That would be a stupid move, he would leave his entire army at the bad end of two fire breathing dragons. Sure his "knights" may survive fire breathing dragons, but those guys will get awful lonely awful quickly with two dragons swirling about.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a stupid move, he would leave his entire army at the bad end of two fire breathing dragons. Sure his "knights" may survive fire breathing dragons, but those guys will get awful lonely awful quickly with two dragons swirling about.

The argument I saw raised was he could gain an exceptionally large Army from Kings Landing

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument I saw raised was he could gain an exceptionally large Army from Kings Landing
The issue is, if he uses his dragon, he burns up those that he needs to raise... no? What's he going to have, a bunch of dust bunnies?

Also, technically, that gimp ass SEER called bran, SHOULD be able to see this happening in real time. Unless, he is truly gimped. I doubt it because he sent ravens to spy on the Knight King before, even though the Knight King brushed them away. Bran still got a look see in.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Free Folk burn their dead to avoid "coming back". So that might not be true.

Yeah as of right now the info we have to go on is that any deceased corpse that is not burned can be reanimated. I don't believe we've ever seen a corpse brought back by the NK that we know for sure died of other means so it's possible they have to die at the hands of either himself or his army. It just seems like it's too late and would very anticlimactic at this stage to suddenly learn "Oh I guess we didn't need to burn all those bodies after all!" My money is on the Wildlings knowing what they were talking about when they insisted dead bodies needed to be burned.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope the lack of talk of tactics was to not give anything away for the actual battle. that said, still need something from sam bringing all those books back. so can't see this next episode being the defeat of NK.
Episode 1 - Reunion
Episode 2 - Last Rites
Episode 3 - ???
Episode 3 is titled the battle for winterfell... from what ive heard

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is, if he uses his dragon, he burns up those that he needs to raise... no? What's he going to have, a bunch of dust bunnies?
He probably wouldn't burn the hundreds of thousands of dead people.