• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a big difference between what grrm wrote and what the "creators" write, the latter being sub par
I never agree with you, but on this I do.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cersie is wack. i mean way wack. which makes her the best fit at winning this whole thing. i could see her and the night king getting married with her smiling at her pack of little blue eye/blond hair joffrey ice monkeys to rule westeros with.

i thought she was laying back to see if she could capitalize on trying to take out the winner while they are weak.

but her and the night kings engagement has it's pro's.

Yeah, she wants to wait. Take back some strategic assets and land, but otherwise fortify to fight the weakened winner of the war in the north.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran's a robot now. He doesn't care about things like that anymore.

All he cares about is how Jaime fits into the puzzle.
I don't think he is a full on robot there is still part of Brandon Stark in there.

but he is the one that needs to keep everyone focused and on task right now. They definitely need him there.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing thats come back on me today....I think the Dragon riding scene was just a sloppy set up. Think this is been mentioned in the other dozen pages of post since last night, so I will be brief.

We get all caught up in book lore and show lore. And that's really become a HUGE thing with last season forward. But, since we are taking the first five(ish) seasons from the books its fair to say if its book lore, its show lore.

Only a Targ can ride a dragon. Dany surely knows this....but she just flat offers up to John to ride? Why? Why was that handled that way? It just feels sloppy.

If perhaps the dragon ride came after Sams bombshell; John confirming that it is true.....that just would have made so much more sense.

Still possible that Bran wargs into a Dragon. Possibly even an undead one.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still possible that Bran wargs into a Dragon. Possibly even an undead one.
I feel like because everyone is expecting this and have been doing so for a long time, they are going to zag on us when we are expecting a zig.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like because everyone is expecting this and have been doing so for a long time, they are going to zag on us when we are expecting a zig.

True. I still have high hopes for the Wolfpack making a late save.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I still have high hopes for the Wolfpack making a late save.
me too, but they haven't touched that in a while. I think the last we saw Nimeria was when Arya essentially said her goodbye to the wolf. I think they are gone.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats the difference between a blue eyed white walker and the ones without the blue eyes? Like the raised dead dragon vs a typical dead fighter...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too, but they haven't touched that in a while. I think the last we saw Nimeria was when Arya essentially said her goodbye to the wolf. I think they are gone.
They could come back as Jon/Dany are marching back south.

Maybe interrupt an ambush that would have taken out Arya.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats the difference between a blue eyed white walker and the ones without the blue eyes? Like the raised dead dragon vs a typical dead fighter...
Blue Eyed White Walkers are created in individual ceremonies from the child sacrifices.

The raised dead are just husks that the white walkers control.

I don't think there is any difference between the dead dragon with blue eyes, and any other raised dead.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing thats come back on me today....I think the Dragon riding scene was just a sloppy set up. Think this is been mentioned in the other dozen pages of post since last night, so I will be brief.

We get all caught up in book lore and show lore. And that's really become a HUGE thing with last season forward. But, since we are taking the first five(ish) seasons from the books its fair to say if its book lore, its show lore.

Only a Targ can ride a dragon. Dany surely knows this....but she just flat offers up to John to ride? Why? Why was that handled that way? It just feels sloppy.

If perhaps the dragon ride came after Sams bombshell; John confirming that it is true.....that just would have made so much more sense.

Definitely one of the weakest points of the show IMO... I was eye rolling pretty hard on that scene. "I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD.... ON A MAGIC DRAGON RIDE, A WHOLE NEW THRONE!!!" I mean really? It was so cheese.

Dany and Jon already boned... we don't need to see them doing it again, and we already knew Jon was a dragon... man thing. So what was the point of this? To show us that he's STILL banging his aunt? How about ditch that scene all together, have Sam reveal to Jon, and then have some pretty tense interaction/moments with Dany/Jon with the audience knowing that Jon knows, and does Dany?

I mean overall this episode was one of the lowest in the series... everyone will naturally rate it high because it's Game of Thrones and we've been starved for 2 years.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Eyed White Walkers are created in individual ceremonies from the child sacrifices.

The raised dead are just husks that the white walkers control.
Makes sense.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last night, brandons character seemed to be slinding into the role as dungeon master or something close. yet somehow being pushed out a window is still important to him. the petty or self absorbed and still worldly isn't working for me.

I'm thinking Jamie just has a large role to play and that's why Bran is waiting on him, not because of the window thing.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely one of the weakest points of the show IMO... I was eye rolling pretty hard on that scene. "I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD.... ON A MAGIC DRAGON RIDE, A WHOLE NEW THRONE!!!" I mean really? It was so cheese.

Dany and Jon already boned... we don't need to see them doing it again, and we already knew Jon was a dragon... man thing. So what was the point of this? To show us that he's STILL banging his aunt? How about ditch that scene all together, have Sam reveal to Jon, and then have some pretty tense interaction/moments with Dany/Jon with the audience knowing that Jon knows, and does Dany?

I mean overall this episode was one of the lowest in the series... everyone will naturally rate it high because it's Game of Thrones and we've been starved for 2 years.
It's a call back to the premiere.

Pretty much followed the formula of that note for note.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ones with blue eyes are White Walkers, while the undead are wights. The White Walkers are Others who existed back with the First Man and The Children of the Forest.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he gave up all title when titles when he joined the Nights Watch. I don't think you can just ignore those vows.
He already has ignored his vows. Multiple times...between his "fat pink mast" in the wildling girl and the stolen property he's carrying.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ones with blue eyes are White Walkers, while the undead are wights. The White Walkers are Others who existed back with the First Man and The Children of the Forest.
The dragon has blue eyes...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a call back to the premiere.

Pretty much followed the formula of that note for note.

I get the formula it followed. Still doesn't mean that formula is good to follow this far in.