• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was with the arms and legs they had nailed to the wall around the Umber boy...that seemed to be a bit much...do you think the white walkers stood around and collaborated that whole thing.

Hey, Jimmy, hand me another leg, will ya?

What "Message" Did the Night King Try to Send on the ‘Game of Thrones’ Premiere?

The WW have been leaving these kinds of things from the very start. Interesting on the Children of the Forrest connection.

Now we just need to see someone decode it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it with the horses in season 3.

cndVH1r.png

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was with the arms and legs they had nailed to the wall around the Umber boy...that seemed to be a bit much...do you think the white walkers stood around and collaborated that whole thing.

Hey, Jimmy, hand me another leg, will ya?

these symbols or swirls have been discussed a lot. im one to that believes these are a message to humans. not a very kind message either.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing thats come back on me today....I think the Dragon riding scene was just a sloppy set up. Think this is been mentioned in the other dozen pages of post since last night, so I will be brief.

We get all caught up in book lore and show lore. And that's really become a HUGE thing with last season forward. But, since we are taking the first five(ish) seasons from the books its fair to say if its book lore, its show lore.

Only a Targ can ride a dragon. Dany surely knows this....but she just flat offers up to John to ride? Why? Why was that handled that way? It just feels sloppy.

If perhaps the dragon ride came after Sams bombshell; John confirming that it is true.....that just would have made so much more sense.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, Dany did Samwell a solid.

Now he's Lord of Horn Hill, considering there won't be any use for the Night Watch anymore, he'll be able to go home free and clear.

Yeah, his brother is gone. But they were oathbreakers, contributing to the fall of Highgarden. They didn't deserve any better.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 preview:

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but Theon would have Sansa to vouch for him.

Sansa is the one i'm thinking is leaning heavily towards the dark side. she has more right than almost all to be bitter but the good her father demonstrated seems all but gone in her.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 preview:

Someone already mentioned this, I think, but Bran is the one who is in the position to defend Jaime in terms of killing the Mad King. He can also confirm the reason Jaime gave Brienne Oathkeeper. It's one of the things I love about this story ... the kid who Jaime pushed out the window is the one who will save him from being executed for crimes against the Targs and Starks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sansa is the one i'm thinking is leaning heavily towards the dark side. she has more right than almost all to be bitter but the good her father demonstrated seems all but gone in her.

Sansa most definitely has her hackles up, to put it mildly, but I'm not at the point of thinking she'll turn to the dark side. Depending on how she reacts to the news about who Jon really is, that could change.

btw - Cersei is planning on having Euron and the Golden Company attack the North while the North is fighting the WW's and Army of the dead, isn't she? :L

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, Dany did Samwell a solid.

Now he's Lord of Horn Hill, considering there won't be any use for the Night Watch anymore, he'll be able to go home free and clear.

Yeah, his brother is gone. But they were oathbreakers, contributing to the fall of Highgarden. They didn't deserve any better.
he gave up all title when titles when he joined the Nights Watch. I don't think you can just ignore those vows.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a Targ can ride a dragon. Dany surely knows this....but she just flat offers up to John to ride? Why? Why was that handled that way? It just feels sloppy.

this struck me as odd last night too. we quickly talked about that while watchng, but couldn't really explain how she so easily offered up one of children for riding. Or that she's not suspicious the dragons are showing signs of a connection with jon snow. i would guess her dragon would be more inclined to eat him. but there is an obvious connection, so i would think that would make her a bit uneasy. nobody is good enough for your child.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone already mentioned this, I think, but Bran is the one who is in the position to defend Jaime in terms of killing the Mad King. He can also confirm the reason Jaime gave Brienne Oathkeeper. It's one of the things I love about this story ... the kid who Jaime pushed out the window is the one who will save him from being executed for crimes against the Targs and Starks.
if he wants to...Bran could easily be like "yea, kill him"

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he gave up all title when titles when he joined the Nights Watch. I don't think you can just ignore those vows.
If the Nights Watch ends, because there is nothing left to watch, he could go home. And he'd have whoever of Dany and/or Jon end up winning ans surviving to legitimize him.

He has a half-sister, but he's also going to be a hero of the war, with the ancestral family sword, and be able to continue the Tarly line.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran's a robot now. He doesn't care about things like that anymore.

All he cares about is how Jaime fits into the puzzle.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you saying the books are good or the writing in the show is good? Now that they are beyond the books, a lot of season 7 and this season are beyond the books...and it isn't great.

I think there are people who would say neither is good.

however I have heard some fantasy writers say Lord of the Rings is not good writing either because so much is used describing landscapes and the world as opposed to the story.
I think there is a big difference between what grrm wrote and what the "creators" write, the latter being sub par

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran's a robot now. He doesn't care about things like that anymore.

All he cares about is how Jaime fits into the puzzle.
Bran could just worg into jaime and fall on his sword, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have a point, but I agree with @Superbelt. Not only does Bran only care about how Jaime fits into the puzzle, he already knows how Jaime fits into the puzzle, so unless Bran has seen Jaime will have no impact in the War to Come, there's no way he'll just have him offed.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran could just worg into jaime and fall on his sword, right?
He could, but he won't.

Bran is Rain Man now, and he's living outside of normal time.

He doesn't care about revenge for that. Jaime just started him on his journey to becoming 3ER, it was something that had to happen.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw - Cersei is planning on having Euron and the Golden Company attack the North while the North is fighting the WW's and Army of the dead, isn't she? :L

cersie is wack. i mean way wack. which makes her the best fit at winning this whole thing. i could see her and the night king getting married with her smiling at her pack of little blue eye/blond hair joffrey ice monkeys to rule westeros with.

i thought she was laying back to see if she could capitalize on trying to take out the winner while they are weak.

but her and the night kings engagement has it's pro's.