• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Theon. He’s definitely not winning any popularity contests but Jon would welcome his support.

If you remember s7 ended with Jon telling him he’s both a Stark and a Greyjoy and gave him permission to go save Yara.

Yes, but John is skating on thin ice with his people already. Don't see welcoming Theon back as helping matters much...

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the camp that she is not pregnant.

IMHO there is a difference between riding a dragon and riding on a dragon, technically speaking.

And to think that Mom was responsible and quit drinking and smoking three weeks of her pregnancy with me ..... for nothing.

I haven't read the books yet and am not sure if I will because I do not have faith that the last books will be written. I was never able to get into Lord of the Rings. Fantasy stories just never appealed to me. Other than comedies, not much fiction has ever really appealed to me at all. The reason I use superb is that I am certain that I am going to be surprised if not shocked in the ending of a lot of characters. I can see any one of them making it or not and most characters still have a chance at the Iron Throne.

LOTR are good bookss, but they're not easy reads. I'll skim few paragraphs when Tolkein got long winded.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but John is skating on thin ice with his people already. Don't see welcoming Theon back as helping matters much...

North seem to be a fickle bunch

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that guy.

But, he's not a fighter.

How much longer can he survive on his intellect?

the character is great. he under-states and over delivers. and he is the only one left that doesn't live for killing someone or ruling the world.

is there anyone left that is more neutral and who's only interest is surviving the white walkers?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOTR are good bookss, but they're not easy reads. I'll skim few paragraphs when Tolkein got long winded.
I've read all of the LOTR books, even the The Silmarillion. I've also read all of the GOT books, Tales of Ice & Fire, the short stories, etc. GRRM is a fantastic writer, much of it on par with Tolkien.

And that's coming from a literature snob that doesn't often read anything written after the 1950s.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1500 pages of rhymes and songs got hard to read, especially in the hobbit, but a lot of that was needed to explain some of the history or things like what spiders and trolls liked to eat. for the most part, that sort of stuff was cut out of the movies, but it was needed for the story to be told.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read all of the LOTR books, even the The Silmarillion..

i made it through the Silmarillion, but it wasn't because i enjoyed the story. there were things i wanted the back story on, but my goodness, what a dry read.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the books yet and am not sure if I will because I do not have faith that the last books will be written. I was never able to get into Lord of the Rings. Fantasy stories just never appealed to me. Other than comedies, not much fiction has ever really appealed to me at all. The reason I use superb is that I am certain that I am going to be surprised if not shocked in the ending of a lot of characters. I can see any one of them making it or not and most characters still have a chance at the Iron Throne.

It takes patience for those type of novels to gain momentum but for the Lord of the Rings it was worth it (to me anyways)

After watching 6+ seasons of GOT, I found the 1st book in a bookstore for $1 and it was good reading for a while but since I already knew much of the story I found I had no patience since I kept wanting to get to the "good" parts.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1500 pages of rhymes and songs got hard to read, especially in the hobbit, but a lot of that was needed to explain some of the history or things like what spiders and trolls liked to eat. for the most part, that sort of stuff was cut out of the movies, but it was needed for the story to be told.

I skipped through most of the songs. That helped! :D

It's certainly a long slog but most of the stories about the characters are not only really good, but were pretty much the first of their kind of the fantasy genre that hit the mainstream!

i.e. Strider as a Ranger, Gandalf the wizard etc etc.

So that made it easy to get sucked in.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But didn’t Tyrion offer her some when they had their one on one? She didn’t refuse, but she didn’t drink it.

That just feed more into any feeling to me that she is lying about the pregnancy.

Of course....all of this is predicated on the attitude towards alcohol and pregnant women.....which I don't believe is a very modern attitude.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, there are currently multiple Lannisters in Winterfell right now and a dragon queen.

Not sure adding 1 more broken man with nowhere to go will add a whole lot to the drama.

Plus, he’s got the “rightful heir to the seven kingdoms” card that he can play at anytime.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little cameo from last night...I think his second time on the show

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the big meeting last season, they explain that only dragonglass or Valyrian steel can kill a wight/WW.

What were Tormund/Jorah/Hound using to fend them off? Sure, the big hammer can break them apart, but Jorah was using two rather small stiletto daggers. Was he ‘killing’ wights or just slowing them down?

Will the Unsullied and Dothraki need dragon glass? Or make do with steel?

Gendry made one axe for The Hound. Do they plan on covering every spear tip and/or scimitar with it????
way too many posts to see if this has been mentioned, but they said dragonglass or fire can destroy them at the meet, they left out the valyrian steel.

slowing them down/fending them off.

seemed like they were making a lot of arrowheads.

also, the dragon really mowed them down last year. seems like if they went back to the tower after figuring out killing the person that turned them destroys them all, would have been pretty easy for the three dragons to take out the night king.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed last night's episode. It could have gotten cheesy very easily with all the reunions, but I thought they handled those well.

It takes patience for those type of novels to gain momentum but for the Lord of the Rings it was worth it (to me anyways)

After watching 6+ seasons of GOT, I found the 1st book in a bookstore for $1 and it was good reading for a while but since I already knew much of the story I found I had no patience since I kept wanting to get to the "good" parts.

I loved the first 3 books of the series. The last 2 books are another matter. In fact, if TWOW ever gets released, I'll want to refresh my memory in terms of the books, but the thought of reading A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons again doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was with the arms and legs they had nailed to the wall around the Umber boy...that seemed to be a bit much...do you think the white walkers stood around and collaborated that whole thing.

Hey, Jimmy, hand me another leg, will ya?

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, he’s got the “rightful heir to the seven kingdoms” card that he can play at anytime.

i think the story line about who is ruling the seven kingdoms is the largest misdirection of Game of Thrones. i say this because i don't think the white walkers will be defeated in a traditional sense where they are over powered through stength and numbers. IMO, man is not defeating the white walkers or the children of the forest or whoever is actually running this world. The white walkers will gladly go back home after they have again reminded humans they are a virus and require controlling.

and we will find one human who will join the white walkers in seeing this through, for the better of mankind of course. this person will be a neutral badass and will kill whoever appears to have controll of the seven kingdoms. that person will negotiate the truce with the white walkers who will return north only if this one person is left to man the wall in solitude ensuring humans never venture north of the wall again.

And we will learn the wall wasn't to keep the white walkers out of the south. the wall was to keep man out of the north.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was with the arms and legs they had nailed to the wall around the Umber boy...that seemed to be a bit much...do you think the white walkers stood around and collaborated that whole thing.

Hey, Jimmy, hand me another leg, will ya?
They did it with the horses in season 3.

cndVH1r.png

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, there are currently multiple Lannisters in Winterfell right now and a dragon queen.

Not sure adding 1 more broken man with nowhere to go will add a whole lot to the drama.

True, but it would be a tad more personal between residents of Winterfell and Theon I'd imagine...