• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, this was probably the best episode of a very uneven and low ranked season.
It did its best to get the train back on the rails. I am glad they corrected a lot of the missteps somehow.

It had enough elements of what makes the show great (characters) and toned down the special effects scenes.

It did Start out a bit dumb and slow.... I was actually groaning at the dumb plot in the early parts.
I actually thought they were going to head down a completely and utterly stupid path.

But, once the not-unexpected twists were revealed the dumber aspect of the first half made more sense. (Whew)
Thankfully, The last half felt like classic Game of Thrones stuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole scene with Tyrian looking on, apparently disapprovingly, isn't sitting right with me. There has not been even the slightest hint that he had a thing for either Dany or Aegon. To have him sulk off to his own room as they finally consummated their alliance makes no sense.

There has to be something else going on there.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And undead dragons breathe blue fire.

Ice wouldn't have done anything but reinforce the wall.
Well I guess there's the explanation that blue flame can burn hotter than yellow. Don't quote me on that but I know that generally a star that appears blue is hotter than one that appears yellow or red.

Here's what I don't get about that dragon:The holes in the wings. Why were they there? That thing died due to a stab wound in the chest and was resurrected shortly after. No wing holes.

I get it, they had to make it look dead. But this opens up all sorts of shit because there's no way that thing could fly that well with huge holes in the wings. Yeah, the human wights shouldn't be able to walk without muscles but the implication there is that you have White Walker magic moving the muscles. Fine. That just means that any wight should be able to do what they were able to do when they were alive. So a dragon can fly if a Walker is animating its corpse and allowing the muscles to move.

But then the dragon is still flying because of physics, not magic. So by putting holes in the dragon's wings and allowing it to fly they're saying it's flying due to magic. It can't be due to the animal's muscles being animated and allowing it to use the basic principles of lift, draft, thrust, and weight because it couldn't realistically fly with 10 huge holes in the wings.

That brings up the question: Why can't ALL wights just fly around? It's magic right? Using the logic of the dragon they should all be able to fly over the wall.

I don't know man. But I know that it would have been a lot easier if they just didn't put random holes all over the dragon's wings.

Okay, I'll stop being a faggot now.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course it didn't completely make sense because it's been established that all of the Iron Born know he's a eunuch. I guess we just have to buy that this guy wasn't too bright and used this move ion many occasions and automatically expected the same result. Then when it didn't happen he wasn't able to process it in time.
Yeah....and he still has balls doesn't he? His dad only got mailed his dong so I'd think getting hit in the sack would still hurt.

I mean, not that getting kicked in the dick is a day at the beach or anything but it doesn't feel as bad as taking one right to the gonads.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway the King's Landing stuff was mostly good. The Euron running away and then really not running away was at least kind of surprising but it does make you wonder how they planned the whole thing. Did Cersei know that they were going to be shown a zombie or something fucky? It seemed like they were only expecting a call for a truce....... but was it also planned that Euron would run away at some point? IDK.

The Arya/Sansa stuff...oh boy. I guess the implication here is that Sansa figured out Littlefinger due to the "assume the worst" game. Then she asked Bran to look into it and he confirmed. Okay. But Bran can see everything, he saw "chaos is a ladder" so you would think he would have seen "I did warn you not to trust me" at that point also. So from that we can infer that Bran either knew Littlefinger betrayed Ned and didn't say anything, or he didn't know and chose not to look into Littlefinger after learning that he was a treacherous behind-the-scenes conniver. Both options seem odd.

The death of Littlefinger itself was okay (Littlefinger is basically useless at this point so his death made sense) but it raises even more questions. Arya was mad at Sansa for "betraying her family" or whatever. Sure, but Littlefinger getting the note to Arya to try to cause a dispute doesn't change the fact that Sansa still did what Arya thought she did. Why isn't she still upset? Keeping the pack strong I guess? But that logic didn't work on her before.

And furthermore, Sansa just revealed that she's known that Littlefinger killed Lysa and Jon Aryn for god knows how long now. If the Vale lords are okay with just offing Baelish it seems like they would be either:

1) Mad at Sansa for not revealing this information until just now
or
2) Suspicious of Sansa because she and Baelish were the only people in the room when Lysa died.

Either way they're no longer sworn to help the North and it seems logical that they'd GTFO unless some other evidence comes to light.

I did enjoy the showrunners in the behind the episode with their talk about "This show kills off people all the time! People didn't know if Sansa was going to kill Arya or vice versa!" LOL, yeah we were are really worried one of them was going to get offed.

Also JK about stopping being a faggot. I'm gonna keep bitching.

Last edited:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole scene with Tyrian looking on, apparently disapprovingly, isn't sitting right with me. There has not been even the slightest hint that he had a thing for either Dany or Aegon. To have him sulk off to his own room as they finally consummated their alliance makes no sense.

Remember when Tyrion was pushing democracy last ep? That's why Tyrion's upset: if Jon and Dany marry and have kids (and the show is strongly hinting that Dany is not as barren as she thinks she is), then they will continue dynastic succession instead of the democracy that Tyrion wants to implement.

Also, Tyrion's afraid that if Jon and Dany are in love, instead of making dispassionate decisions, they might start making decisions based on emotion and their feelings for one another.

Last edited:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn't exactly sulking, he just appeared a bit concerned......

Also, Tyrion's afraid that if Jon and Dany are in love, instead of making dispassionate decisions, they might start making decisions based on emotion and their feelings for one another.

......exactly..... Tyrion is concerned that Dany & Aegon (Jon) have much bigger things to undertake at this time, and that they are picking a pretty bad time to decide to get all lovestruck over each other. This love affair could prove to be a major distraction to the task at hand. At least that's how I took the meaning of Tyrion's concerned look.....and that's how I would feel if I was an advisor to a queen about to undertake a major military campaign! I'd be mumbling under my breath...."Hey bitch....focus on the task at hand....don't be gettin' school-girlie crushes now, for chrissakes!"

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danerys Targaryen is gonna be upset when she finds out she just did the nasty with her nephew Aegon Targaryen.... and she's gonna be even more upset when she realizes the throne belongs to Aegon.

Also.....remember that George RR Martin said the ending of the series will be bittersweet.

This tells me that either Danerys or Aegon probably won't survive long enough to argue with the other over who gets the throne..... instead.....I have a feeling one of them will sacrifice themselves in order to save the other (probably during the final battle of the final episode of the final season).

So at this point, I really cannot see both Dany & Aegon surviving.... I think it's going to be either one or the other.

Last edited:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......continued

My guess is that Danerys and her 'child' Drogon will die while saving Aegon in the series finale.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danerys Targaryen is gonna be upset when she finds out she just did the nasty with her nephew Aegon Targaryen.... and she's gonna be even more upset when she realizes the throne belongs to Aegon.

Also.....remember that George RR Martin said the ending of the series will be bittersweet.

This tells me that either Danerys or Aegon probably won't survive long enough to argue with the other over who gets the throne..... instead.....I have a feeling one of them will sacrifice themselves in order to save the other (probably during the final battle of the final episode of the final season).

So at this point, I really cannot see both Dany & Aegon surviving.... I think it's going to be either one or the other.
I'm thinking Jon knocks up Dany and in the end Jon dies with a new Targaryen in her belly and the name lives on.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very good episode and very good writing.

I was happy to be wrong about the Stark girls and them getting one over on Littlefinger. Well done. They did a good job with that set up.

A couple things during the meeting in the Dragonpit that had me a little confused. When the Hound was talking the Mountain, he made a comment about "he will be coming for you" I think. Who is he? You also know Qyburn had the biggest boner when that dead thing came out of the box. "This is what I dream of!"

At one point I had to think about Tyrion dying and how I had never considered that happening in this episode. Glad he didn't. Both Dinklage and Headey were great in that scene. Very well done there.

Will we get Winds of Winter before the final season of GoT starts? I think yes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Jon knocks up Dany and in the end Jon dies with a new Targaryen in her belly and the name lives on.

Yup

When Jon said to Danny "maybe people aren't always honest" about her pregnancy, thought right there he would knock her up

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, less action, but more storytelling/politics/better writing.
If they are working from an outline, this was clearly how they wanted to end the season, so they had to fast forward through some of those previous episodes to make everything fit into this one.

Sounded like Hound told the Mountain, "You know who is coming for you". But, I'm not sure if he meant himself or Arya. He doesn't know how skilled Arya is, right? Maybe Brienne talked to him?

Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell and Arya is her sword. When Jamie (and perhaps Bronn) gets to Winterfell, he will alert them to Cersei's betrayal. I'm guessing Arya doesn't go north and helps protect Sansa. The Golden Company comes into play, but I'm guess Daario thwarts that plan.

The only thing that really bothered me was that they have to realize there is only one man in Westeros that has re-animated dead tissue and has a fascination with thinking outside the box. And built a scorpion crossbow. After the way Qyburn picked up the hand, I would have been peppering him with questions. I half expected him to keep the head so that he could 'experiment' on it. With the way Sam left the Citadel, Qyburn could have been an interesting mentor/spy for Cersei in that regard. Seemed like a missed opportunity.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup

When Jon said to Danny "maybe people aren't always honest" about her pregnancy, thought right there he would knock her up
I feel like she has said "they are the only kids I will ever have" too many times for it not to happen at this point.

Jon is up to the challenge.

And I am not calling him Aegon. He will always be Jon

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like she has said "they are the only kids I will ever have" too many times for it not to happen at this point.

Jon is up to the challenge.

And I am not calling him Aegon. He will always be Jon

Was there a previous season connection between the hound and Sir Gregor? Or did that exchange have us all confused?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, less action, but more storytelling/politics/better writing.
If they are working from an outline, this was clearly how they wanted to end the season, so they had to fast forward through some of those previous episodes to make everything fit into this one.

Sounded like Hound told the Mountain, "You know who is coming for you". But, I'm not sure if he meant himself or Arya. He doesn't know how skilled Arya is, right? Maybe Brienne talked to him?

Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell and Arya is her sword. When Jamie (and perhaps Bronn) gets to Winterfell, he will alert them to Cersei's betrayal. I'm guessing Arya doesn't go north and helps protect Sansa. The Golden Company comes into play, but I'm guess Daario thwarts that plan.

The only thing that really bothered me was that they have to realize there is only one man in Westeros that has re-animated dead tissue and has a fascination with thinking outside the box. And built a scorpion crossbow. After the way Qyburn picked up the hand, I would have been peppering him with questions. I half expected him to keep the head so that he could 'experiment' on it. With the way Sam left the Citadel, Qyburn could have been an interesting mentor/spy for Cersei in that regard. Seemed like a missed opportunity.
I think the Jon/Dany love story might piss off Daario. He would be a bad sellsword if he didn't honor the contract, so I doubt he lets his feelings for Dany get in the way of that.