• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does dany bend the knee to Aegon? not including in bed

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I'm still getting these vibes that Tyrion is somehow jealous of Jon/Aegon. He seemed displeased with Jon and Dany getting together.

Yeah, Tyrion has shown some concern for both his dying house as well as succession of the throne under Danys rule. Perhaps those things are coming to play. Perhaps he was hoping to succeed Dany or at least his family. Jon coming into the picture complicates that. Especially if he can give her children. I don't know... that my take though.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed to me that he was leaving alone. I would have thought that Bronn would leave with him. Maybe Bronn catches upto him on the road next season.

Yeah, I'm not thinking that plan is going through but I imagine Bronn won't be far behind.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Stark girls never heard Ned say "He who passes the sentence should swing the sword." I suppose it would make sense that Ned would never bother to mention that to them since he was a bit chauvinistic (as were pretty much all lords at the time) and never thought it would apply to his daughters, hence "he" as opposed to "he or she".

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed to me that he was leaving alone. I would have thought that Bronn would leave with him. Maybe Bronn catches upto him on the road next season.

I don't know. The way I took it, he's the head of House Lannister, and the bannermen own their allegiance to him. Lately they've been showing us the human/gentle side of Lannister soldiers, IMO so it doesn't feel wrong once they join Jon's side. Maybe we can get Ed Sheeran singing a couple of songs for Arya at Winterfell.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. The way I took it, he's the head of House Lannister, and the bannermen own their allegiance to him. Lately they've been showing us the human/gentle side of Lannister soldiers, IMO so it doesn't feel wrong once they join Jon's side. Maybe we can get Ed Sheeran singing a couple of songs for Arya at Winterfell.

I'm not really going by what the soldiers should or should not do. I'm just going by what we saw on the show and it certainly appeared to me that he was heading north alone. I really don't think that was intended to be open for interpretation. We last saw him outside of King's Landing completely alone. It's not out of the realm of possibility that one sell-sword and buddy of his that was never loyal to his sister might decide to catch up to him by surprise but not the whole Lannister army.

Last edited:

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really going by what the soldiers should or should not do. I'm just going by what we saw on the show and it certainly appeared to me that he was heading north alone. I really don't think that was intended to be open for interpretation. We last saw him outside of King's Landing completely alone. It's not out of the realm of possibility that one sell-sword and buddy of his that was never loyal to his sister might decide to catch up to him by surprise but not the whole Lannister army.
It could be symbolic, just to show him finally starting to get rid of Cercei's influence. We'll see, but really he knows he won't make a difference if he goes alone (that Valyrian steel sword is important, but he doesn't' know about that).

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jamie is heading North to keep his word, by himself? Wasn't super clear on that.

He's taking what's left of the Lannister army, plus the forces they have in the riverlands.

No, Cersei did not let Jaime take the army. Jaime is going by himself. The show even took care to emphasize that he is alone by showing that he switched out of his Lannister armor into plain brown armor and put a glove over his golden hand to hide it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really loved Theon's scenes this episode. Alfie Allen might be the best actor on the show but doesn't get the big money the "Big 5" do because his character is not as important. It was kind of funny that the turning point in his fight was when his opponent tried to knee him in the junk but was surprised that it had no affect on him.

Of course it didn't completely make sense because it's been established that all of the Iron Born know he's a eunuch. I guess we just have to buy that this guy wasn't too bright and used this move ion many occasions and automatically expected the same result. Then when it didn't happen he wasn't able to process it in time.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be symbolic, just to show him finally starting to get rid of Cercei's influence. We'll see, but really he knows he won't make a difference if he goes alone (that Valyrian steel sword is important, but he doesn't' know about that).

The thing is Jaime has become a much more honorable man since Season 3 when he lost his hand and befriend Brienne and seems like he wants to redeem his past mistakes. He made a pledge to go North and intends to honor it even though you're right that he shouldn't expect to single-handedly (pun noted but not intended) make much of a difference. As a viewer I do expect him to be a game changer somehow. He also might be able to recruit some of the Lannister men in The Riverlands by deceiving them but the ones in King's Landing appear to be staying put.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new House Targaryen:

eWFll1Elhvq7wDhW-v8qfqPiqFhXtLUHcicdUlYrNZA.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is likely some of the riverlands stationed troops (siege of Blackfish and whatnot) to pick up for Jamie.

They seemed more of the Ed Sheeran likeable ones, as that is about where Arya met up with that small group.

Those northern outpost (Lannister/Lannister allies) seemed more loyal to Jamie than any other Lannister.

If nothing else, the younger Tully dude owes Jamie and his castle was manned by Lannister loyalists.

My guess is he takes 1/4 of the total Lannister armies, maybe some remnants of the Tyrells (With Sam's help) and joins up with the Northerners.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Elia:

peqByPYZ4lutI1AxuTKsaFbqdiiLE50Enzb7Ms3hXkQ.jpg