1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Entertainment: Movies & TV Shows' started by ForkEmBucky, Mar 25, 2013.

1. wildturkey

wildturkey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 74,350

One extra month isn't that big of a deal

2. Cowboyinexile

Cowboyinexile Ain't no thing like me, except me! Staff Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,004

Nah. I'm tired of waiting. I'ts been a year and I'll find out how Avengers ends first. My nerdboner is becoming flaccid

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. ill

ill THRILLHO

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

there are plenty of other nerdy shows out there to tame that boner.

Shit, just go read a book

4. Innermind

Innermind Lithomancer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Exactly, ill.... that's like a pizza lover being stuck overseas for over a year without access to a decent pizza, and is told he has to wait one or two more months to eat a pizza, and the pizza lover says, "no, I don't wanna wait any longer for a pizza.... my pizza craving will diminish".

5. BusSport

BusSport Mountain Goat Racer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 13,454

Entertainment Weekly season 8 cover for November 9, 2018 issue:

[​IMG]

6. Taddy Mason

Taddy Mason Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,080

why would one want a scoop on the final season and a mention of an epic battle?

is Entertainment for the people that like to watch an entire movie during the trailer?

7. BusSport

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 13,454

And fairly minor spoilers from the article in that magazine about how season 8 starts out, basically just the first episode in very broad and vague strokes (obviously, don't click if you don't want to know):

Season 8 opens at Winterfell with an episode that contains plenty of callbacks to the show's pilot. Instead of King Robert's procession arriving, it's Daenerys and her army. What follows is a thrilling and tense intermingling of characters — some of whom have never previously met, many who have messy histories — as they all prepare to face the inevitable invasion of the Army of the Dead.

How these fan favorites get along drives much of the drama this season (okay, here's one specific tease from the premiere — Sansa isn't thrilled that Jon bent the knee to his fancy new Targaryen girlfriend, at least not at first).

• Like Like x 1
  8. wildturkey

wildturkey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 74,350

I read something elsewhere the EW article also mentions the final episode will have a new location never seen before and that it'll surprise some people with what characters show up. That's way more of an interesting tidbit than the Winterfell stuff which we all knew was gonna happen anyway.

9. BusSport

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 13,454

I have a minor theory (it's just my guess, not anything official) regarding the minor spoiler above:

One of those "thrilling and tense" confrontations will involve Sam and Daenerys over his father Randyll and brother Dickon opposing her and her execution of them.

10. Gatorchip

Gatorchip Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,754

Hotpie will deal the final blow and become king.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. jonvi

jonvi La Familia Ohana

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 29,463

I started watching season 1 last night.....this will be my third time through all of the seasons. Gotta get caught back up.

12. ill

ill THRILLHO

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

get a life, dude.

13. jonvi

jonvi La Familia Ohana

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 29,463

I take it you don't watch movies you liked a lot multiple times? Especially a series as long as this....there are many nuanses that require another look.

But ... it's always good to read someone on thoop telling me to get a life. :laugh:

14. ill

ill THRILLHO

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I only post here when I am sitting at work at my desk...helps to pass the time.

but no, I don't normally rewatch movies or shows unless I am bored. I have only reread a couple books because I liked them that much.

there are too many new things out there for me to take in.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Duffman

Duffman Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 505

Does anyone think by waiting so long a lot of people are gonna lose interest? Like I know we have the diehards where it doesn’t matter if it’s four years away they’ll still be super excited the whole time but that’s not everyone. I’m sure a lot of the audience with it not airing this year or next year in the same month as it had been will almost forget about it.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  16. ill

ill THRILLHO

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I don't think anyone is going to lose interest.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Bojack_Horseman triggerer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

Always a possibility, but it could wind up working for them.
    Anticipation is still pretty high and we are months away.

The one caveat is HBO has every episode On Demand, so as much as ill wants to watch new things, I like re-watching older episodes and often picking up on new things, or nuances that Jonvi alluded to.

I think I can watch Hardhome or Battle of the Bastards at any one given time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. ill

ill THRILLHO

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

in my opinion, if you watched the show and liked it enough that you wanted it a second time but haven't read the books, you are doing yourself a disservice.

however I can see rewatching an episode here and there...but not entire seasons.

19. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Bojack_Horseman triggerer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

I don't have the patience or literative imagination to read guys like HRRM or Tolkien. Maximum verbosity. But their movies/TV shows work very well for me.

I've watched the series in its original viewing. I re-watched every episode through season 3 leading into Season 4 when my wife got interested. I re-watched every epiosde through season 5 when my daughter got interested. I loved it. Really got a sense for the depth and how storylines/characters were intertwined with one another.

But, I'm kind of simple like this. Very neanderthalic, if you will. Sure, there are certain episodes that you can kind of fast forward through, but I still it find very entertaining to go back to the first season or the battle at Blackwater.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ukfanfrombirth(cali cat)

ukfanfrombirth(cali cat) Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

It's official ... Season 8 will being airing in April of 2019.
    With the announcement, a teaser was also released.
    It contains no new footage.