• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dragon banks and starts to turn towards where NK is standing, in closeup as spear hits, still banking.

At any rate, visually it totally gives an answer as to why the NK would choose to switch targets. Other than 'shitty writing!'
he was not turning towards the NK. The fucking spear hit him in the flank!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno what part of 'co-executive producer' is unclear to you. Now in fairness, 'executive producer' can mean a lot of things, including just having money in.

Aren't you the guy who likes the TV show MORE than the books?
No, I am a fan of the books first, show second.

And having his name on it as 'executive producer' means nothing. He has said himself that he isn't involved in it!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was not turning towards the NK. The fucking spear hit him in the flank!

Oh FFS. What part of 'banking' was unclear?

Watch it again. Take a few deep breaths.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am a fan of the books first, show second.

And having his name on it as 'executive producer' means nothing. He has said himself that he isn't involved in it!

You're just making shit up now. I can go back and REPOST the quote from the fucking article if you want, about all the meetings, how they can talk to him anytime...

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why bother arguing with chf? He is always right.

Even when he spells a main character's name wrong
What he needs is chrome fidgit spinner and a corner to spin it in.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just making shit up now. I can go back and REPOST the quote from the fucking article if you want, about all the meetings, how they can talk to him anytime...
yea, and they call him and ask him for clarity on things, but he isn't in the cutting room, he isn't making decisions. He is totally hands off unless they seek him out.

In your head, he is holding their hands the entire time. He isn't

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Meh, if he was motivated only by that, he'd have pumped out the latest book four fucking years ago. We'd be reading the final one now. He's have hired Kevin J. Anderson to ghost write it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only thing?

Here I'll give you a free one that bothered me and I haven't seen anyone else mention.

Melisandre, the red woman, walked around the wall wearing just a red dress. She claimed the cold didn't bother her much anymore. She was a priest of the red god.

Thoros was a priest of the red god. He also brought people back to life with his power, and saw stuff in the fires. He even survived a mauling by a bear and didn't seem too much the worse for wear after having his vhest cauterized by a flaming seord.

Then he froze to death at night....

Maybe her magical necklace protected her.....
Please, use your imagination and stop worrying about continuity on a show about magic.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe her magical necklace protected her.....
Please, use your imagination and stop worrying about continuity on a show about magic.
did he freeze to death or did he die from being attacked by an undead bear? I thought it was the latter. It being freezing didn't help anything...neither did his boozing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is totally hands off unless they seek him out.

You're making shit up again. It doesn't say that in the article you linked. It says he doesn't watch the show.

I said he can have them re-write shit if he wants to. B+W worship the ground he walks on.

The whole FOUNDATION of your bullshit argument relies on GRRM being this fantastic writer whose baby has been hijacked by these horrible hacks who are driving it into the ground.

It's a shoddy foundation.

GRRM can't even stay hands off of his fucking Wild Cards books for fuck's sake. He's 'totally hands off' GOT? Meh.

Wanna' buy a bridge?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, and they call him and ask him for clarity on things, but he isn't in the cutting room, he isn't making decisions. He is totally hands off unless they seek him out.

Yeah, I would have to agree that GRRM isn't involved much anymore.
So much more humor and/or fan service that isn't his forte....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you that is literally the writing we are getting now. Benihoff is literally the guy that wrote Deadpool having his mouth sewn shut and shooting laser beams from his eyes. It's not a debate, not a simile, not a commentary on his writing. It's literally the same person.

I disagree with quite a bit of CHF's apologia of the show but he has a pretty solid point here.

The books are able to do vastly more to articulate the POV of the characters involved. When Cersei does something stupid, we get 20 pages explaining her thinking.

The show simply can't do that. And now that it has to tie up all the various plot lines it is, by necessity, going to be appear to be cramped and forced.

The show breezed through lots of plot points in earlier seasons but we had the text to fill in the blanks. Now we don't so the show has to stand on its own without the additional depth of the books. Not only that but we are also dealing with the most heavily supernatural stuff which is always going to be a little bit tricky to portray without appearing to D&D like.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making shit up again. It doesn't say that in the article you linked. It says he doesn't watch the show.

I said he can have them re-write shit if he wants to. B+W worship the ground he walks on.

The whole FOUNDATION of your bullshit argument relies on GRRM being this fantastic writer whose baby has been hijacked by these horrible hacks who are driving it into the ground.

It's a shoddy foundation.

GRRM can't even stay hands off of his fucking Wild Cards books for fuck's sake. He's 'totally hands off' GOT? Meh.

Wanna' buy a bridge?
you are giving the showrunners way too much credit. Without source material to fill in the plotholes, they are lost.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the way they do time in this show, she is likely to give birth on Sunday, where she could possibly die in childbirth

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only thing?

Here I'll give you a free one that bothered me and I haven't seen anyone else mention.

Melisandre, the red woman, walked around the wall wearing just a red dress. She claimed the cold didn't bother her much anymore. She was a priest of the red god.

Thoros was a priest of the red god. He also brought people back to life with his power, and saw stuff in the fires. He even survived a mauling by a bear and didn't seem too much the worse for wear after having his vhest cauterized by a flaming seord.

Then he froze to death at night....

Yeah!

And don't even get me started on dragons. Seriously, how are we possibly supposed to believe in an animal that breath fire as if it were a napalm run? And how could it possibly fly? The thing weighs thousands of pounds. Are the laws of physics different in Westeros? Heck how did these medieval level people build a wall a thousand feet high without it collapsing on itself or toppling over? No way!!!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with quite a bit of CHF's apologia of the show but he has a pretty solid point here.

The books are able to do vastly more to articulate the POV of the characters involved. When Cersei does something stupid, we get 20 pages explaining her thinking.

The show simply can't do that. And now that it has to tie up all the various plot lines it is, by necessity, going to be appear to be cramped and forced.

The show breezed through lots of plot points in earlier seasons but we had the text to fill in the blanks. Now we don't so the show has to stand on its own without the additional depth of the books. Not only that but we are also dealing with the most heavily supernatural stuff which is always going to be a little bit tricky to portray without appearing to D&D like.

Agreed.
I'm not a fan of his books, but I respect the world building and story that he wants to tell.
If B+W just have a simple outline and know who dies and who lives, that's all I need to know.

I'm not sure how you can compare writing GoT to Wolverine : Origins, as everyone agrees that what they did with Deadpool totally missed the mark. Maybe he learned from that mistake.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in gradual recovery. Haven't posted in the TWD threads in forever.

The only time I really got into it with you was your attempted defense of Jon not coming back to life in the books. You went pretty far off the reservation for that one.