• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. Not even close. Good grief.

I'm telling you that is literally the writing we are getting now. Benihoff is literally the guy that wrote Deadpool having his mouth sewn shut and shooting laser beams from his eyes. It's not a debate, not a simile, not a commentary on his writing. It's literally the same person.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this logically though. Control freak GRRM, fingers in 1000 pies, why's he letting his seminal work, once great TV show, be reduced to dreck?
giphy.gif

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the NK deciding to throw at the flying dragon instead of the one sitting 20 yards in front of him on the ground.

You mean the one starting it's strafing run right towards them?

Yeah, wtf did he do THAT?!!!!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flashbacks?
outside of Bran's visions, there hasn't been much in terms of flashbacks. Shit, Catlyn has been all but forgotten at this point. Only Ned mattrs.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the one starting it's strafing run right towards them?

Yeah, wtf did he do THAT?!!!!

sure didn't look like Viscerion was heading the NK's direction. He just appeared to be circling about the battlefield, unaware of the NK's presence until the end.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you figure that means something.
no you're right, this is his baby and he cares so much about the show.

Except that it isn't his baby anymore. He has the books and those are his. The show is its own thing. He isn't involved.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outside of Bran's visions, there hasn't been much in terms of flashbacks. Shit, Catlyn has been all but forgotten at this point. Only Ned mattrs.

I'm answering his question as to why they might have her under contract if she dies. I have no idea if she'll live or die Sunday.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure didn't look like Viscerion was heading the NK's direction. He just appeared to be circling about the battlefield, unaware of the NK's presence until the end.
why bother arguing with chf? He is always right.

Even when he spells a main character's name wrong

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm answering his question as to why they might have her under contract if she dies. I have no idea if she'll live or die Sunday.
She won't die on Sunday.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dragon banks and starts to turn towards where NK is standing, in closeup as spear hits, still banking.

At any rate, visually it totally gives an answer as to why the NK would choose to switch targets. Other than 'shitty writing!'

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing i really had a problem with last episode was the ridiculous time travel and Dany showing up right on time to save the day. Also, the NK deciding to throw at the flying dragon instead of the one sitting 20 yards in front of him on the ground.

The show has lost its fastball. They've missed incredible opportunities to take out main characters (Jaime getting killed by a dragon would have been incredible). I thought for sure Tormund was going down...seemed they were building him up to make you really care about him just to kill him off...and then they decided at the last minute to keep him alive. But, whatever, he's the only wildling that isn't a peon, so I guess he's needed.

That's the only thing?

Here I'll give you a free one that bothered me and I haven't seen anyone else mention.

Melisandre, the red woman, walked around the wall wearing just a red dress. She claimed the cold didn't bother her much anymore. She was a priest of the red god.

Thoros was a priest of the red god. He also brought people back to life with his power, and saw stuff in the fires. He even survived a mauling by a bear and didn't seem too much the worse for wear after having his vhest cauterized by a flaming seord.

Then he froze to death at night....

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost a dragon for a pretty stupid reason. Just let Dany take over the seven kingdoms by force now and then handle the wights. So simple, and if you mention the army of the dead as the reason why Dany acted like a tyrant to the people then I'm pretty sure they'll forgive you.

Looking at the lore breakdown vids on youtube, I believe CHF when he says the same plot could work in the books with more detail, but it's hard for everyone to just let the blanks go unfilled and say "it all probably makes sense".

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dragon banks and starts to turn towards where NK is standing, in closeup as spear hits, still banking.

At any rate, visually it totally gives an answer as to why the NK would choose to switch targets. Other than 'shitty writing!'

Yeah, Viscerion is staring right at the ground where he's spitting fire. Completely unaware of NK's presence.

It's not necessarily shitty writing, they did a shitty job of visualizing it through. If he WAS coming for NK, then it would make perfect sense. OR if he was at least closer to NK than Drogon was. But neither seem to be the case.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you're right, this is his baby and he cares so much about the show.

Except that it isn't his baby anymore. He has the books and those are his. The show is its own thing. He isn't involved.

Dunno what part of 'co-executive producer' is unclear to you. Now in fairness, 'executive producer' can mean a lot of things, including just having money in.

Aren't you the guy who likes the TV show MORE than the books?