• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and people are having to figure it out on their own

That's my working theory now. They've had their hands held by reading the books, now they don't have their security blankie, so it's tantrum time.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my working theory now. They've had their hands held by reading the books, now they don't have their security blankie, so it's tantrum time.
I think everyone's making that point, but in the other direction. The writers don't have the books to hold their hands. The sped up end game to get everything done in 13 episodes hasn't helped either. There's been some sloppy plot holes that could have been tweaked. I don't think the majority are saying they hate it, but it's a show a lot of considered the among the best, if not the best on TV the last few years. When they slip up, it gets magnified due to that.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord.
Some word has leaked out about the negotiated salaries for the "A" tier stars for the final season. Aka "Operation money grab". So how much money is this series generating? Here's a glimpse.

At least 3 million to each actor.......per Episode! Until their demise, if that occurs. If not, were talking about each of them making up to 20 mil next year.

Kit Harrington
Emilia Clarke
Peter Dinklage
Lena Headey
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Sophie Turner & Maisie Williams are in the next tier below but will still be earning close or over 1 million per episode. Many believe one or both of them will not make it to the end of the series.

George Martin is expected to have the biggest payout of all. He's not only provided a co-producer title, but in control of the scripts and story line. His current net worth is now over 60 million and season 7 will be stuffing a whole lot more into his wallet.

Some other info:

This seasons final episode coming up on Sunday will be the longest GOT episode to date. About an hour and 20 minutes long. Name "The Dragon and the Wolf".

The final season, is still currently projected to be 6 long episodes. They're saying the directors will attempt to make each one extremely cinematic. Each one could feel like a watching a movie in total length and presentation.

Filming begins this fall in October, but no confirmation on release date in 2018 yet. The actors claim they don't see any scripts until about 4-6 weeks before shooting for a season begins so nobody knows what's going to happen yet.

There is talk that at least 4 to 5 different prequel projects are already being discussed by Martin and the production company. There seems to be high confidence that at least one or more will be settled upon, filmed, and one released by HBO within a year of the end of GOT.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem that outrageous, particularly when you mention the episodes are going to be close to feature length.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The source material went from one of the seminal works of modern fiction which has influenced not only every fantasy novel written in over a decade, but has become one of the biggest cultural influencers out there. To now being essentially fan fiction written by the guy who wrote the script to X-Men Origins Wolverine. The movie that cast Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, but sewed his mouth shut and made him shoot laser beams from his eyes.

That's the level of writing we are seeing now.

Before they were taking a complete book and making it work for television. And they did very well at that. Dont get me wrong, I loved the books, but I also loved the show. But even without a security blankie I can see bad writing. Right now, thats what this is. Bad writing. If I didn't have 20 years invested in the story, and if I hadn't changed, rearranged, and/or made all of my plans over the past 6 years in order to watch every episode live maybe then I would quit watching. But since I do, I just have to hope it gets better.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘Game of Thrones’ Director Alan Taylor Breaks Down Timeline in ‘Beyond the Wall’

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety. “We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also still a little sad that Ghost is no where to be seen. He would have been great to have beyond the Wall

at this point, if Jon were still cool with Ghost, he could be riding him, right? Nymeria was fucking huge but Arya wasn't cool with her anymore. Ghost I am assuming is still alive, for one, and still on good terms with Jon, right?

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the time skips annoy me. There is clearly stuff happening, or should be stuff happening. But they keep skipping it all. They keep skipping what should be the Tyrion parts. The Varys parts. The Littlefinger parts. The Game of Thrones parts. Instead they're giving us dragons and explosions. If I wanted Uwe Boll movies with sword fighting but shitty stupid plots, I would be watching Bloodrayne or something equally stupid. If I wanted Micheal Bay explosions and cool shots, with a pretty girl ever now and then, and no dialogue at all I would have watched Transformers or something.

I'm watching GoT, so give me GoT.

Like it or not, the show runners wanted to end the show in 7 seasons. That meant that a lot of superfluous but perhaps interesting side stories and depth was discarded as they focused on the primary stories.

This season was about setting up the fight with the Night King. Following up on what is happening in Dorne, or the Twins, or Casterly Rock, or Highgarden or the Reach is largely irrelevant because they are all essentially leaderless until the fight between Dany, Cersei and Jon is settled.

I'm sure that Martin will go into more detail about what is going on because he can, if he ever finishes the books. But the TV show simply doesn't have that ability to do so.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also still a little sad that Ghost is no where to be seen. He would have been great to have beyond the Wall

at this point, if Jon were still cool with Ghost, he could be riding him, right? Nymeria was fucking huge but Arya wasn't cool with her anymore. Ghost I am assuming is still alive, for one, and still on good terms with Jon, right?

Ghost is at Winterfell. I'm going to be a little shocked if he doesn't make an appearance next Sunday.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost is at Winterfell. I'm going to be a little shocked if he doesn't make an appearance next Sunday.
I don't see why he would. Jon isn't making a stop at Winterfell before going to King's Landing, is he?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why he would. Jon isn't making a stop at Winterfell before going to King's Landing, is he?

Well the episode is titled "The Dragon and the Wolf". It's an 80 minute episode it is entirely possible that King's Landing gets settled in the first 45 minutes and they settle at the wall.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the episode is titled "The Dragon and the Wolf". It's an 80 minute episode it is entirely possible that King's Landing gets settled in the first 45 minutes and they settle at the wall.
my prediction is:
- they present all this to Cersei and Cersei doesn't give a shit.
- Jaime cares and wants to help the cause and it causes a rift between the two of them.
- At some point, the Night's King kills Cersei, either this season or next. It seems logical if she refuses to help, but it is just a stab in the dark though.

Who is Arya's next target? Don't think it's Littlefinger. The Hound?

I am basically trying to figure out who kills who and who is left standing at the end.

Hound kills Mountain is the only one I can be sure happens.
Maybe Arya kills the Hound after he comes to peace after killing his brother
Theon kills Euron?
Bran kills Night King?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord.
Some word has leaked out about the negotiated salaries for the "A" tier stars for the final season. Aka "Operation money grab". So how much money is this series generating? Here's a glimpse.

At least 3 million to each actor.......per Episode! Until their demise, if that occurs. If not, were talking about each of them making up to 20 mil next year.

Kit Harrington
Emilia Clarke
Peter Dinklage
Lena Headey
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Sophie Turner & Maisie Williams are in the next tier below but will still be earning close or over 1 million per episode. Many believe one or both of them will not make it to the end of the series.

George Martin is expected to have the biggest payout of all. He's not only provided a co-producer title, but in control of the scripts and story line. His current net worth is now over 60 million and season 7 will be stuffing a whole lot more into his wallet.

Some other info:

This seasons final episode coming up on Sunday will be the longest GOT episode to date. About an hour and 20 minutes long. Name "The Dragon and the Wolf".

The final season, is still currently projected to be 6 long episodes. They're saying the directors will attempt to make each one extremely cinematic. Each one could feel like a watching a movie in total length and presentation.

Filming begins this fall in October, but no confirmation on release date in 2018 yet. The actors claim they don't see any scripts until about 4-6 weeks before shooting for a season begins so nobody knows what's going to happen yet.

There is talk that at least 4 to 5 different prequel projects are already being discussed by Martin and the production company. There seems to be high confidence that at least one or more will be settled upon, filmed, and one released by HBO within a year of the end of GOT.
There are prequel concepts that I could get totally stoked for. Young Arthur Dayne, Barristan the Bold, Prince Rhaegar, The Mad King, The Smiling Knight...sign me up

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my prediction is:
- they present all this to Cersei and Cersei doesn't give a shit.
- Jaime cares and wants to help the cause and it causes a rift between the two of them.
- At some point, the Night's King kills Cersei, either this season or next. It seems logical if she refuses to help, but it is just a stab in the dark though.

Who is Arya's next target? Don't think it's Littlefinger. The Hound?

I am basically trying to figure out who kills who and who is left standing at the end.

Hound kills Mountain is the only one I can be sure happens.
Maybe Arya kills the Hound after he comes to peace after killing his brother
Theon kills Euron?
Bran kills Night King?

If the Night's King kills Cersei, that pretty much blows her prophecy out of Euron's water.
She has to die at the hands of the valonqar (littel brother).
The GRRM fakeout leads us to believe Tyrion, but I believe Cersei does something wicked behind Jamie's back which causes him to snap and strangle her, fulfilling the prophecy.

I think Arya will be led down a different path.
LF might have usurpers at Winterfell and I could see Arya busting up that whole operation, keeping her relevant while Sansa provides strong leadership. I'm really going to start looking for scenes in which Arya/LF are no longer in the same room, which means she may have already killed him and taken his face to uproot all the traitors.

With the way Arya left the Hound, there is no way he is on her list.
The Hound is one of the most miserable human beings alive in Westeros, but damned if the show hasn't built empathy for him. He has redeemed himself in more ways than one, protecting Arya/Sansa/Jon's friends/etc. His death will be noble, likely sacrificing himself in some kind of fiery death to protect others as he faces his greatest fear.

I just hope we don't get sappy deaths like Jorah sacrificing himself to save Jon/Dany, telling them, 'You're the future.... forgive me!'

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Night's King kills Cersei, that pretty much blows her prophecy out of Euron's water.
She has to die at the hands of the valonqar (littel brother).
The GRRM fakeout leads us to believe Tyrion, but I believe Cersei does something wicked behind Jamie's back which causes him to snap and strangle her, fulfilling the prophecy.

I think Arya will be led down a different path.
LF might have usurpers at Winterfell and I could see Arya busting up that whole operation, keeping her relevant while Sansa provides strong leadership. I'm really going to start looking for scenes in which Arya/LF are no longer in the same room, which means she may have already killed him and taken his face to uproot all the traitors.

With the way Arya left the Hound, there is no way he is on her list.
The Hound is one of the most miserable human beings alive in Westeros, but damned if the show hasn't built empathy for him. He has redeemed himself in more ways than one, protecting Arya/Sansa/Jon's friends/etc. His death will be noble, likely sacrificing himself in some kind of fiery death to protect others as he faces his greatest fear.

I just hope we don't get sappy deaths like Jorah sacrificing himself to save Jon/Dany, telling them, 'You're the future.... forgive me!'
forgot about the prophecy. I think it is Jaime then. I think it is tearful killing, like he doesn't really want to but it is the only solution.

Jorah is a sad man. Total tragedy character. I wonder if he is going to be all butthurt about Jon and Dany being all lovey-dovey. I can see him doing something like that since it seems like his entire arch is him trying to redeem himself. Wonder what would happen in a scene with him and Lyanna.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not sure what story there is left to tell there. Cersei made it pretty clear what their fates would be. There's not really much reason to doubt that she will be able to follow through.

Do we need a scene of her crying as she's chained to the wall across from the remains of her dead daughter? Perhaps we need to check in on Sepa Unella too or maybe Dorhea and Xaro Xhoan Daxos after they were locked in the vault in Qarth several seasons ago.

Wonder if Dario jumps back into the picture... :D

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot about the prophecy. I think it is Jaime then. I think it is tearful killing, like he doesn't really want to but it is the only solution.

Jorah is a sad man. Total tragedy character. I wonder if he is going to be all butthurt about Jon and Dany being all lovey-dovey. I can see him doing something like that since it seems like his entire arch is him trying to redeem himself. Wonder what would happen in a scene with him and Lyanna.

Yeah, he has to bend a knee to Lyanna and ask for her forgiveness.
She'll tell him the North remembers, but given the circumstances, she will be happy to give him back his honor, especially if Jon puts in a good word. Jorah also has to meet up with Sam again.

My best guess is that Jorah sacrifices himself to save Jon at some point, probably next season.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Dario jumps back into the picture... :D

So, yes, there is that wild card that Cersei has hired the Golden Company to do her bidding.
Maybe Daario can somehow foil that plan, then things would get really interesting very fast.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cersei almost certainly dies at the hands of Jaime or Arya looking like Jaime.

The Arya/Sansa battle seems largely pointless to me knowing what we know. It's entirely possible that Jon's parentage becomes revealed this Sunday which makes him King of Westeros and Sansa the Lady of Winterfell again looking for a hubby. Arya won't have any real reason to defend Jon since he would have bigger fish to fry.

I still think Cersei dies this Sunday.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cersei almost certainly dies at the hands of Jaime or Arya looking like Jaime.

The Arya/Sansa battle seems largely pointless to me knowing what we know. It's entirely possible that Jon's parentage becomes revealed this Sunday which makes him King of Westeros and Sansa the Lady of Winterfell again looking for a hubby. Arya won't have any real reason to defend Jon since he would have bigger fish to fry.

I still think Cersei dies this Sunday.
Why would they have her under contract for next year if she dies sunday?