• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, two more things that occurred to me that will probably make CHF shoot daggers through the screen... ;)

1) Okay, so never mind where the chains came from.... How'd they hook them to the dragon to pull him out of the water?

2) Okay with this faceless man thing, BUT... Arya is like 4' 8" tall... So how does she pretend to be full grown adults? (Okay, when she was Walder Frey, she was sitting down, but still....) :D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they have her under contract for next year if she dies sunday?

Well we don't know how many scenes she will have. She could be there purely for retrospective scenes.

I just can't get my head around how they can keep her relevant WHILE they prepare to deal with the Night King. She HAS to be neutralized and it would be incredibly out of character for her to unite with Dany to fight the Night King no matter what evidence is presented to her.

Oh and her prophecy claims that she will have 3 children that will all die young. No mention of a fourth.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing i really had a problem with last episode was the ridiculous time travel and Dany showing up right on time to save the day. Also, the NK deciding to throw at the flying dragon instead of the one sitting 20 yards in front of him on the ground.

The show has lost its fastball. They've missed incredible opportunities to take out main characters (Jaime getting killed by a dragon would have been incredible). I thought for sure Tormund was going down...seemed they were building him up to make you really care about him just to kill him off...and then they decided at the last minute to keep him alive. But, whatever, he's the only wildling that isn't a peon, so I guess he's needed.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we don't know how many scenes she will have. She could be there purely for retrospective scenes.

I just can't get my head around how they can keep her relevant WHILE they prepare to deal with the Night King. She HAS to be neutralized and it would be incredibly out of character for her to unite with Dany to fight the Night King no matter what evidence is presented to her.

Oh and her prophecy claims that she will have 3 children that will all die young. No mention of a fourth.

Good call... Though I supposed she could just lose the baby...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaime is going to kill Ceresi. I think Ceresi either gives the finger to a detente/alliance or tries to double cross it after they all walk away.

So Jaime does what he did with the Mad King, before she has a chance to pull off her plan, and strangles her to death. Whether he ends his own life after that or not, is my only question.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, yes, there is that wild card that Cersei has hired the Golden Company to do her bidding.
Maybe Daario can somehow foil that plan, then things would get really interesting very fast.
they should bring back the original Daario

SlGdEY1.jpg

or recast him to look like he should
7e44d64f678804aff5ccd58c2b8552ce.jpg

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, two more things that occurred to me that will probably make CHF shoot daggers through the screen... ;)

1) Okay, so never mind where the chains came from.... How'd they hook them to the dragon to pull him out of the water?

2) Okay with this faceless man thing, BUT... Arya is like 4' 8" tall... So how does she pretend to be full grown adults? (Okay, when she was Walder Frey, she was sitting down, but still....) :D

1. They used unladen swallows, gripping them like a husk on a coconut.
Maybe the Night's King took control of some dead fish. Maybe he has telekinesis powers. Use your imagination.

2. Illusion is perception. If an old hag can wear a necklace and turn into a beautiful redhead, then a short girl can wear a mask and turn into another person. It's called magic. Again, use your imagination.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uniting with dani doesnt mean she has to pick up a sword and head off to the wall, she will probably stay in kings landing to rule. Which keeps her Safe for Next yr. the preview shows dani comes to kings landing with the unsullied and dothraki, i see it as just a giant showdown to see cersei bend the knee. But who knows? With The writers just pogosticking sharks cersei could pick up dragon glass spear and launch it from the top of the red keep over the wall zigzag it around mountains and hit the night king in the eye. Then its can be all out war in westeros for Next season.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They used unladen swallows, gripping them like a husk on a coconut.
Maybe the Night's King took control of some dead fish. Maybe he has telekinesis powers. Use your imagination.

2. Illusion is perception. If an old hag can wear a necklace and turn into a beautiful redhead, then a short girl can wear a mask and turn into another person. It's called magic. Again, use your imagination.

1) It isn't important, but as long as we're questioning these things I thought I'd throw that one in there... :D

2) So she's not only a "Faceless Man", but also a "Heightless Man"... ;)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She could still be faking her pregnancy to keep Jamie on board.
She has a role to play.
Could be flashback scenes next season.
Maybe Jamie keeps seeing her in visions....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone's making that point, but in the other direction. The writers don't have the books to hold their hands. The sped up end game to get everything done in 13 episodes hasn't helped either. There's been some sloppy plot holes that could have been tweaked. I don't think the majority are saying they hate it, but it's a show a lot of considered the among the best, if not the best on TV the last few years. When they slip up, it gets magnified due to that.

Yeah, that's fair. High expectations.

Uwe Boll comparisons though? Beyond the pale! :)

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my prediction is:
- they present all this to Cersei and Cersei doesn't give a shit.
- Jaime cares and wants to help the cause and it causes a rift between the two of them.
- At some point, the Night's King kills Cersei, either this season or next. It seems logical if she refuses to help, but it is just a stab in the dark though.

Who is Arya's next target? Don't think it's Littlefinger. The Hound?

I am basically trying to figure out who kills who and who is left standing at the end.

Hound kills Mountain is the only one I can be sure happens.
Maybe Arya kills the Hound after he comes to peace after killing his brother
Theon kills Euron?
Bran kills Night King?

Why would that happen? Arya is cool with the Hound. Took him off her list long ago.

Either Jaime kills Cersei or she dies in childbirth. The valonqar (younger brother) that kills her could be her youngest child, the younger brother of all her other kids. Also, she's only supposed to have 3 children per the prophecy, so maybe they both go down or she's lying about the whole thing. Guess we will wait and see, but I'd bet nothing happens to Cersei till next season.

The only guarantee i have about this finale is that Cersei has some sort of stupid trap set up (which won't work) and the final scene will be the NK riding his ice dragon and fucking up the wall.

Also, fuck the assholes that keep leaking scripts and episodes early. This show is fun because you get to talk about it with everyone afterwards.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they have her under contract for next year if she dies sunday?
So people don't know she dies. Being under contract doesn't mean she has to be used.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

could be stillborn and kill her

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the level of writing we are seeing now.

No, it's not. Not even close. Good grief.

There were JUST AS MANY holes in earlier seasons, but you had the knowledge of the books to fill it in. There's LOTS of non-book readers who have critiqued the show from jump, because THEY DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY or context.

But AGAIN, it is what it is. The books are DOORSTOPS. Adapting them for the screen and even putting something fucking coherent together is pretty fucking amazing.

But now, none of us have the security blanket.

<shrug>

Let me ask you this logically though. Control freak GRRM, fingers in 1000 pies, why's he letting his seminal work, once great TV show, be reduced to dreck?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would that happen? Arya is cool with the Hound. Took him off her list long ago.

Either Jaime kills Cersei or she dies in childbirth. The valonqar (younger brother) that kills her could be her youngest child, the younger brother of all her other kids. Also, she's only supposed to have 3 children per the prophecy, so maybe they both go down or she's lying about the whole thing. Guess we will wait and see, but I'd bet nothing happens to Cersei till next season.

The only guarantee i have about this finale is that Cersei has some sort of stupid trap set up (which won't work) and the final scene will be the NK riding his ice dragon and fucking up the wall.

Also, fuck the assholes that keep leaking scripts and episodes early. This show is fun because you get to talk about it with everyone afterwards.
does she even know the Hound is still alive? She left him to die.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does she even know the Hound is still alive? She left him to die.

She doesn't know he's alive. When asked about it last season, she specifically stated she took him off her list.

They're buds now. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if The Hound became a northern lord at the end of this (assuming he is alive at the end). The remaining Starks are cool with him.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. Not even close. Good grief.

There were JUST AS MANY holes in earlier seasons, but you had the knowledge of the books to fill it in. There's LOTS of non-book readers who have critiqued the show from jump, because THEY DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY or context.

But AGAIN, it is what it is. The books are DOORSTOPS. Adapting them for the screen and even putting something fucking coherent together is pretty fucking amazing.

But now, none of us have the security blanket.

<shrug>

Let me ask you this logically though. Control freak GRRM, fingers in 1000 pies, why's he letting his seminal work, once great TV show, be reduced to dreck?
right...keep saying he is involved, someone might believe you.
George R. R. Martin: “I do not watch Game of Thrones”