• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to figure out why the hell Randyll Tarly didn't hunt Sam down, beat his ass, and then take his sword back. The show has basically ignored the fact that Sam stole Heartsbane (the Tarly family Valyrian steel sword). I mean, Randyll just went to war without the sword even though he has to know Sam took it and he knows exactly where Sam is. He either forgot about it or just doesn't care.

He secretly loves Sam. Awwwwwwwww

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question I was wondering about...would Dragon Glass(Obsidian) kill Jon Snow instantly like it does the White Walkers since Jon died and was brought back to life?

Jon would be more akin to a Wight than a White Walker. Wights are reanimated corpses. White Walkers are sentient, fucked up humans. Valyrian steel and dragonglass kill White Walkers but they aren't any different than any other weapons when fighting Wights. Wights really only get taken down completely with fire.

This is confusing though since the show has mentioned a few times this season that dragonglass and Valyrian steel kill Wights AND White Walkers. We know that's not completely true since Jon cut down multiple Wights at Hardhome with Longclaw. He did damage the Wights, but Longclaw didn't appear to do anything that a normal sword would not have done. However Longclaw did basically blow a White Walker into pieces.

I suppose we haven't seen a Wight get stabbed with dragonglass but the principle of why it works on White Walkers is the same as the principle behind Valyrian steel so I don't see why dragonglass would kill a Wight if Valyrian steel doesn't.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the mythology of the books, once you join the Night's Watch, you're out of everything else. Mind you, Jon Snow just broke that rule, so take it for what it's worth.
I think the work-around there is that Night's Watch vows are for life. Jon died, so he's no longer bound to anything. Although only select people in the North know this. As far as everybody else knows Jon is a Night's Watch deserter and legally should be executed.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's certain. The Dornish prince traveling incognito with the bumbling idiots. Join the Gold Company, then decide they want to go pet the dragons. Dragon makes toast points.

There's a second prince (or at least a pretender) that is the Young Griff character (supposed to be Rhaegar's true born son).
The second one is the one I was thinking of I guess. Maybe I should read these books again even though book 4 was painful to get through.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the work-around there is that Night's Watch vows are for life. Jon died, so he's no longer bound to anything. Although only select people in the North know this. As far as everybody else knows Jon is a Night's Watch deserter and legally should be executed.

I was thinking even more simple. Jon is King in the North, so it makes difficult for someone to cut off his head for desertion, when he's surrounded by his own men/army. But yeah, the whole 'dying' thing probably gives him even a further out.

I suspect Sam is destined to be the Grand Maester for the KW.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking even more simple. Jon is King in the North, so it makes difficult for someone to cut off his head for desertion, when he's surrounded by his own men/army. But yeah, the whole 'dying' thing probably gives him even a further out.

I suspect Sam is destined to be the Grand Maester for the KW.

Oh yeah, I'm sure there's nobody in the North who is itching to behead him. It's just something else Cersei could throw around to rally people to her cause. Dany's the "foreign invader" and Jon's a "deserter who should be executed". Plus the bastard thing I guess.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the theory on who saved Jamie? just the irishman or something much deeper?

I am pretty sure it was Bronn. No reason for it not to be him.
It was either him or Euron.

It was Bronn.....he is basically saying: "Jaime, you can't die until I get my fookin' castle you promised me!"

bronn-saves-jaime.png

The showmakers even gave the audience a hint that it was Bronn on the 2nd white horse which saves Jaime because immediately after Bronn jumped off the scorpion ballista wagon as Drogon was roasting the wagon---- while laying on the ground, Bronn looked up and saw the white horse standing near him....look at the 47 second mark of the following video to see Bronn looking at the white horse he is about to mount.

Last edited:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Bronn.....he is basically saying: "Jaime, you can't die until I get my fookin' castle you promised me!"

bronn-saves-jaime.png

The showmakers even gave the audience a hint that it was Bronn on the 2nd white horse which saves Jaime because immediately after Bronn jumped off the scorpion ballista wagon as Drogon was roasting the wagon---- while laying on the ground, Bronn looked up and saw the white horse standing near him....look at the 47 second mark of the following video to see Bronn looking at the white horse he is about to mount.

I found it odd that the water is 6" deep when he is on the horse but 20' deep when they land in it? :scratch:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon would be more akin to a Wight than a White Walker. Wights are reanimated corpses. White Walkers are sentient, fucked up humans. Valyrian steel and dragonglass kill White Walkers but they aren't any different than any other weapons when fighting Wights. Wights really only get taken down completely with fire.

This is confusing though since the show has mentioned a few times this season that dragonglass and Valyrian steel kill Wights AND White Walkers. We know that's not completely true since Jon cut down multiple Wights at Hardhome with Longclaw. He did damage the Wights, but Longclaw didn't appear to do anything that a normal sword would not have done. However Longclaw did basically blow a White Walker into pieces.

I suppose we haven't seen a Wight get stabbed with dragonglass but the principle of why it works on White Walkers is the same as the principle behind Valyrian steel so I don't see why dragonglass would kill a Wight if Valyrian steel doesn't.
I never thought about any of that but it makes sense. Good stuff! :suds:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it odd that the water is 6" deep when he is on the horse but 20' deep when they land in it? :scratch:

Yeah...but...the showmakers needed to do the deep water scene for dramatic effect......because otherwise we end up with something like this:

uG0yh.gif

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany has talked of marrying to strengthen alliances. If she and Jon were to marry, she'd have the North and Jon getting on both knees....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the mythology of the books, once you join the Night's Watch, you're out of everything else. Mind you, Jon Snow just broke that rule, so take it for what it's worth

Maybe SAM possessing the family sword gives him some sort of Trump card claim to the family title.
We have seen Jon Snow become a King, so the rules of royal ascension are only as tough as the public willingness.

And if SAM is not the lord of Tarly, he certainly is very influential and loved by his brother and family.

SAM would easily be able to convince DICKON to sit this one out on the sidelines.
And Dickon clearly was very disturbed and resistant to killing his own friends and kinsmen the Tyrells.

But, we dont know for sure if PAPA TARLY was barbecued.
It definitely was just some dude that looked almost exactly like him....but not explicitly confirmed as him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany has talked of marrying to strengthen alliances. If she and Jon were to marry, she'd have the North and Jon getting on both knees....

I am not sure what counts as spoilers here, but

the show already has enough ince$t without Jon marrying his Aunt

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what counts as spoilers here, but

the show already has enough ince$t without Jon marrying his Aunt
Anything the viewer openly knows is not a spoiler. The viewer knows that Jon and Danny are both Targarians, even if hardly any characters know.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I keep thinking about Jamie in the deep water, LOL...so I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here.

Anyone think they traveled farther out cause of the blast of fire from the Dragon, sort of like an explosion? Would make sense why they landed in much deeper water. I would imagine a blast of fire from a fully grown dragon would resemble a very large explosion..

Just a thought....

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the mythology of the books, once you join the Night's Watch, you're out of everything else. Mind you, Jon Snow just broke that rule, so take it for what it's worth.
Kings appear to have the ability to get them out of that duty. Stannis tried to do it with Jon earlier.
And when Jon finally got out, it was more of a loophole.

Also, I don't think that was papa Tarly burning anyway. Just a random bald guy.

He's not some extra, his death would be a bit more in focus than just someone burning while other action is taking place.

Maybe in the end, when there is no more need for a Night's Watch, Samwell goes home. He's gotta get his Samwise ending somehow.