• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the opposite out of it. If she had done that to kings landing it'd be different. She listened to Jon and went after the army instead. Tyrion was terrified for Jaime.
there is definitely still love for Jamie in Tyrion. You could see that he felt like a traitor in that attack.

Dany definitely did the right thing in attacking an army as opposed to a castle. Hopefully she doesn't get too bloodthirsty though.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this thing is setting it up to see whether its EVIL TYRANT Danarys....or the liberator BENEVOLENT queen.

She is borderline arrogant and bloodthirsty in this season. She is buying her destiny to rule all the world.
She doesnt seem to give a flying fuck about doing the right thing. She wants to do the thing she was born to do.

There is definitely her first character arc to a more evil side.
All Game of Thrones characters go through the good/evil character arc at some point in time it seems.

You could see the buyer's remorse on Tyrion's face when he saw firsthand the massacre and utter ruthless slaughter of his own former people.

He was not ready for it. He might even be the one that betrays her ultimately to side with Jon Snow.

I think she's shifted from an ideal of being a leader who listens to the people to being more of a benevolent dictator. She feels she'll do what's right/best for the people, but first they must submit to her rule and she is seemingly starting to not care how she gets them to do so... I personally felt that she should have struck a more conciliatory tone with Jon Snow right off the bat, but instead, came across as a cold-hearted bitch. Perhaps a little bit of over-compensation in trying to intimidate another "king" into submitting to her, but still...

She is reminding me almost of a star athlete who, at first is great and very pleasant and humble about it, but as time goes on and they start reading their own press clippings a certain un-attractive arrogance seeps in and makes them much less likable... This is what I see happening with Daenarys.

Kind of starting to see a lot of parallels with the Arthurian Legend here... A sorcerer believing a particular great ruler is destined to be king and bring peace to the land in accordance with some ancient prophecy, only to find out he/she has the prophecy correct, but guessed the wrong person would be that great uniter....

Melissandre/Merlin
Daenarys/Uther
Jon Snow/Arthur

Anyway, along those lines, someone had mentioned awhile back that GoT is the best fantasy Movie/TV Show ever made, and while I tend to agree with that, I wanted to recommend that anyone here who hasn't seen the movie "Excalibur" to give it a watch... Very good and very visceral in the same vein as GoT...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what was with that one Dothraki A-hole.
Why did he feel the need to belittle the Lannister fighting ability.

The Dothraki show up against a surprised "straggler detachment" portion of the Lannister army.
It looks like they outnumber them about 10 to 1, plus they are all mounted. And they have a Dragon.

The Lannister detachment never stood a chance. HEck, the dragon alone or the Dothraki alone was overkill.
It was a testament to their fighting spirit that they did not immediately break ranks into a panic induced rout.

They fought to the death and bravely stood there in the face of an unspeakable agonizing way to die.

It seemed out of character for a Dothraki warrior and their code of the Warrior type stuff. They should have respected the bravery rather than belittle the fighting ability of a completely outnumbered helpless opponent.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, depending on how heavy his armor is, he should actually be able to swim. IRL, soldiers routinely jump in water with extra weight on them. This is no different. If he's fit and knows how to swim, its possible for him to not drown. But my guess is someone cuts his armor off and saves him. The end scene implies he's drowning so my guess is they are overlooking the fact that you can swim with weight on

He's wearing a breastplate (metal).

Any kind of metal armor and you're going to the bottom. No swimming in metal.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

part of me feels like they were being overly dramatic with how long he was sinking into the water to end the episode, but if he just landed in waist deep water, he would have been dragon food, so sinking would be necessary.

Where's Melisandre heading to? What if she comes across a dead Jamie and brings him back?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Bronn just saves him. Simple.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. It wasn't uncommon for armor laden Knights to drown back in the day.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. It wasn't uncommon for armor laden Knights to drown back in the day.
I forget specifically which one but that happened to an entire Roman Legion during a battle. They were forced into a river and they all drowned.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question I was wondering about...would Dragon Glass(Obsidian) kill Jon Snow instantly like it does the White Walkers since Jon died and was brought back to life?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drogon has a lot in common with the A10 Thunderbolt II Warthog.

Both are really good at attacking ground troops and blowing up supply lines.
Both can take a hit from large surface to air weapons, shrug it off and bring the pilot down safely.
Both spit devastating attacks with a growl from the front, and make enemy stuff go poof.
Both even have big scary pointy teeth!

Daenerys figured it out and used close air support the way it was supposed to be used.

20663806_10210083431310995_4192266627148487178_n.jpg

20663634_10210083432231018_6527556991271572592_n.jpg

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronn tackled him into the water, he could easily save him. Bronn is known for wearing light armor.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the preview of episode five at the 10 second mark......is Varys talking about Dany or Cersei when he tells Tyrion "You need to find a way to make her listen."???

At first, we would think that Varys is probably talking about Dany......but......

......notice at the 20 second mark of the video that Tyrion is missing from Dany's war strategy room when they are discussing the White Walker army. Only four people are at the strategy table: Jon, Davos, Varys, and Dany.

Is Tyrion not at the war meeting because he instead might be on a diplomatic mission to Cersei in an attempt to compel her to commit the remaining Lannister troops to the greater threat in the north?

Tyrion probably has a big advantage over Cersei because he very likely has Jaime in custody.
Think about it.... Tyrion's first reaction at seeing Bronn knock Jaime into the water is to go down to the shore and help recover Jaime & Bronn from the water, and to prevent the Dothraki and/or Drogon and/or Dany from immediately killing Jaime & Bronn.

If Tyrion goes to see Cersei, he might possibly bring along Jaime's metal hand.

Hmmm???

Last edited:

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what was with that one Dothraki A-hole.
Why did he feel the need to belittle the Lannister fighting ability.

The Dothraki show up against a surprised "straggler detachment" portion of the Lannister army.
It looks like they outnumber them about 10 to 1, plus they are all mounted. And they have a Dragon.

The Lannister detachment never stood a chance. HEck, the dragon alone or the Dothraki alone was overkill.
It was a testament to their fighting spirit that they did not immediately break ranks into a panic induced rout.

They fought to the death and bravely stood there in the face of an unspeakable agonizing way to die.

It seemed out of character for a Dothraki warrior and their code of the Warrior type stuff. They should have respected the bravery rather than belittle the fighting ability of a completely outnumbered helpless opponent.
They know that Tyrion is related to the commander of the army, and Dany is pissed at Tyrion for getting outwitted by his brother and sister. So this guy gets a chance to rip into the Hand, and he can't really give a rebuttal.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the preview of episode five at the 10 second mark......is Varys talking about Dany or Cersei when he tells Tyrion "You need to find a way to make her listen."???

At first, we would think that Varys is probably talking about Dany......but......

......notice at the 20 second mark of the video that Tyrion is missing from Dany's war strategy room when they are discussing the White Walker army. Only four people are at the strategy table: Jon, Davos, Varys, and Dany.

Is Tyrion not at the war meeting because he instead might be on a diplomatic mission to Cersei in an attempt to compel her to commit the remaining Lannister troops to the greater threat in the north?.

Tyrion probably has a big advantage over Cersei because he very likely has Jaime in custody.
Think about it.... Tyrion's first reaction at seeing Bronn knock Jaime into the water is to go down to the shore and help recover Jaime & Bronn from the water, and to prevent the Dothraki and/or Drogon and/or Dany from immediately killing Jaime & Bronn.

Hmmm???
I think that you're on to something with Tyrion talking to Cersei instead of Dany. But I also think that Cersei is too far gone to listen to reason.

"You win or you die," as she once said.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Tyrion not at the war meeting because he instead might be on a diplomatic mission to Cersei in an attempt to compel her to commit the remaining Lannister troops to the greater threat in the north?

If Tyrion goes to see Cersei, he might possibly bring along Jaime's metal hand.

Hmmm???

I think that you're on to something with Tyrion talking to Cersei instead of Dany. But I also think that Cersei is too far gone to listen to reason.

"You win or you die," as she once said.

Sure, Cersei could very well be too far gone......however......

.....if....a big if Jaime sent a raven from Highgarden to Cersei and told her that Tyrion & Sansa did not kill Joffrey, but that it was Olenna Tyrell who poisoned her son......then Cersei might possibly be a little more receptive to negotiations?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Cersei could very well be too far gone......however......

.....if....a big if Jaime sent a raven from Highgarden to Cersei and told her that Tyrion & Sansa did not kill Joffrey, but that it was Olenna Tyrell who poisoned her son......then Cersei might possibly be a little more receptive to negotiations?
No way Jaime passed that info to her via raven.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if that TARLY dude got fried.... It sure looked like him getting Dragon-seared to well done.

And Dickon seems like a weakling 2nd son less than eager to see more troops die under his inexperience

It is possible that SAM TARLY becomes the defacto lord of the former Tyrell area armies and lands.

I dont know the rules of whether he is the heir or not. Certainly, he has a claim that nobles can exploit.

And after reluctantly murdering their own friends in the siege of Highgarden, the Tarleys would likely accept him bowing out of the Cersei alliance.

Which is another fucking headache rearguard backstab that Cersei has to deal with now as well.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question I was wondering about...would Dragon Glass(Obsidian) kill Jon Snow instantly like it does the White Walkers since Jon died and was brought back to life?

I would guess no, because Jon Snow is not a wight or a white walker.
A wight is brought back by the Night's King.
A white walker is brought back by dragon glass.
Not sure if dragonglass would affect Uncle Benjen.
It's unclear if he is slowly turning into a wight/white walker.

That being said, who will die but be brought back by having dragonglass shoved in their heart, a la Benjen Stark?