• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play has obviously been to try to drive a wedge b/t Jon and Sansa. Problem is no one is listening to a word he's saying up in WF, so he's getting no where. I don't know what sparks it outright, he's gonna have to actively plot against Jon I'd think.

Thing is...

Bran knows this.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She'd get torn off the damn dragon about 10 seconds after it hit cruising speed, and that's just flying level, no banks or turns.

By the way, did the dragon queen have a saddle to ride that dragon, or do you think there was there a strategically placed dragon horn (or two) that was keeping her on?

That is some amazing grip...

Dany's secret to staying mounted on Drogon:

DismalPointedArabianoryx.gif

L6mDkCj.gif

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty large body of water......watch it again and pay particular attention to Drogons low altitude approach to his strafing run when his body almost touches the surface of the water.

True. But it still does not explain how Jamie is riding towards Daenrys in hoof deep water (literally inches deep), then gets tackled off of the horse, and goes into instantly deep water.

That is one serious drop off in only a few feet, and there wasn't any sign of it near Jamie as he sank.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany is gonna be pissed if she finds this in Jon Snow's fanny-pack:

chalk.jpg

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But it still does not explain how Jamie is riding towards Daenrys in hoof deep water (literally inches deep), then gets tackled off of the horse, and goes into instantly deep water.

That is one serious drop off in only a few feet, and there wasn't any sign of it near Jamie as he sank.

Sounds like every mountain lake in existence.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, why wasn't anyone helping Bronn? You'd think someone would look over and say "oh shit, he looks like he could use a hand to make things go faster"
helping? I was wondering why anyone wasn't attacking him. Dothraki just see him doing his thing and wanted to see how it played out?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debut??? More like fiery cameo cause he got roasted like the rest of the Lannister Army!
It was ironic that Jaime and Bronn were having that discussion with one of the soldiers about the smell after the battle because of all the dead shitting themselves.

Man, the whole Lannister army looked like they were dropping loads within seconds when they saw that Dragon fly out of the low clouds coming right at them.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
helping? I was wondering why anyone wasn't attacking him. Dothraki just see him doing his thing and wanted to see how it played out?

Dothraki take seige engines when at war college.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatched the scene again. Lannisters probabably lost a 1/4 of their entire army. Your kind of thrown off in the beginning of the fight scene when the general calls them stragglers. Like they were just a small tail end that fell behind. But as you watch the battle unfold, your seeing some serious losses by them and all those precious food and drink trucks. Gold won't mean dick to Kings Landing when they start running out of food to eat.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorah Mormont had better get to Dragonstone fast, so that he can advise Dany----- "Ummmm....hey Your Grace....I don't mean to be a dick.....but..... if you're gonna fly into battle again..... WEAR SOME FUCKING ARMOR.... you're immune to fire, not arrows, dumbass!"

At close range, armor probably won't stop a high velocity arrow from a longbow....but....high up in the air, a stray arrow with lower velocity at long range will probably be stopped by armor.

Might as well get the dragons some armor too.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus with him complaining about not getting paid enough for what he was doing, it would have been the perfect time to off him. Now, he lost his golf and (maybe) saved Jamie from getting torched. If they get out of this, he is going to be owed a lot more.

But since he is a sellsword without loyalty, I imagine he will end up with Tyrion.
I'm assuming you know this but he was promised a nice castle and whatnot for going to Dorne.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, from a larger more grand perspective...

Doesn't Jon's lineage inherently unite the North and the South already, if/when it is ever discovered by everyone who his parents REALLY were?

Seems like a HUGE tamale hanging out there that changes the game mightily...

Kinda technically would make a Dany/Jon wedding slightly incestuous, but we've seen worse... Wonder how Dany may react if/when she hears of this little factoid?

Other possibility? Dany doesn't make it and in Star Wars-esque fashion. "That girl was our last hope."..... "No, there is another.", Jon picks up where Dany leaves off?

Could Jon's lineage be discovered by fire? IE... Much like Daenarys, he doesn't get burned by fire?

Anyway, just flinging poop at the wall I guess... Seems they're trending more toward the "ice and fire" route with Jon and Dany...
Slightly? She's his aunt.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jaime's dead, that might be the worst death on the show. In terms of realism, it would be tough for him swim with all that armor and with one hand. Then again the water likely wouldn't be very deep to begin with, but whatever. But if they were going to kill him off they should have just had the dragon fry him alive from close range.

He's not dead. Storywise it makes no sense for him to die right then which to go off on a bit of a tangent, kind of takes the fun out of it a bit. Knowing that the end is in sight and seeing what stories still have loose ends, any fan that's halfway been paying attention can just about predict what will happen with each character.

Also, depending on how heavy his armor is, he should actually be able to swim. IRL, soldiers routinely jump in water with extra weight on them. This is no different. If he's fit and knows how to swim, its possible for him to not drown. But my guess is someone cuts his armor off and saves him. The end scene implies he's drowning so my guess is they are overlooking the fact that you can swim with weight on

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed a few years ago that Theon was never on Arya's list. I wondered if it was because she somehow never knew what happened. It's hard to imagine she never would have heard and even harder to imagine that Theon wouldn't have been on her list had she heard. Either way there seemed to be a bit of a plot hole. In this episode we learned that Arya wasn't aware that Ser Roderick and Maester Luwin were dead. Theon beheaded Ser Roderick and Luwin died as a result of Theon taking Winterfell. Now that she's back at Winterfell, no doubt she will be filled in. I don't think she will be as forgiving as Jon if she crosses paths with Theon. Luckily for Theon there is a good chance they don't cross paths.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this thing is setting it up to see whether its EVIL TYRANT Danarys....or the liberator BENEVOLENT queen.

She is borderline arrogant and bloodthirsty in this season. She is buying her destiny to rule all the world.
She doesnt seem to give a flying fuck about doing the right thing. She wants to do the thing she was born to do.

There is definitely her first character arc to a more evil side.
All Game of Thrones characters go through the good/evil character arc at some point in time it seems.

You could see the buyer's remorse on Tyrion's face when he saw firsthand the massacre and utter ruthless slaughter of his own former people.

He was not ready for it. He might even be the one that betrays her ultimately to side with Jon Snow.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly? She's his aunt.

Was being a bit tongue in cheek there, but just saying, after seeing brother and sister going to town and having children, etc., boning one's aunt is kinda ho hum... ;)

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this thing is setting it up to see whether its EVIL TYRANT Danarys....or the liberator BENEVOLENT queen.

She is borderline arrogant and bloodthirsty in this season. She is buying her destiny to rule all the world.
She doesnt seem to give a flying fuck about doing the right thing. She wants to do the thing she was born to do.

There is definitely her first character arc to a more evil side.
All Game of Thrones characters go through the good/evil character arc at some point in time it seems.

You could see the buyer's remorse on Tyrion's face when he saw firsthand the massacre and utter ruthless slaughter of his own former people.

He was not ready for it. He might even be the one that betrays her ultimately to side with Jon Snow.
I got the opposite out of it. If she had done that to kings landing it'd be different. She listened to Jon and went after the army instead. Tyrion was terrified for Jaime.