• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, from a larger more grand perspective...

Doesn't Jon's lineage inherently unite the North and the South already, if/when it is ever discovered by everyone who his parents REALLY were?

Seems like a HUGE tamale hanging out there that changes the game mightily...

Kinda technically would make a Dany/Jon wedding slightly incestuous, but we've seen worse... Wonder how Dany may react if/when she hears of this little factoid?

Other possibility? Dany doesn't make it and in Star Wars-esque fashion. "That girl was our last hope."..... "No, there is another.", Jon picks up where Dany leaves off?

Could Jon's lineage be discovered by fire? IE... Much like Daenarys, he doesn't get burned by fire?

Anyway, just flinging poop at the wall I guess... Seems they're trending more toward the "ice and fire" route with Jon and Dany...

There would also be the issue of how does one prove their lineage?
Remember when Ned took Robert's note/seal to Cersei putting Ned in charge?
She just ripped it up.
Essentially if would be Bran's word against Cersei.
Even if Howland Reed enters the picture as one of the other witnesses of that day (Tower of Joy maid?) and gives his statement, again, Cersei can just ignore it and declare those folks as traitors to the throne.

But, as you point out, true belief would come form Jon escaping harm from fire in view of a great deal of people. Pretty sure there would be no objections then....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, the skorpions are just a plot device so the Dragons don't remove ALL dramatic tension from the battles going forward.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your suspension of disbelief moment with her riding a dragon?

:)

She'd get torn off the damn dragon about 10 seconds after it hit cruising speed, and that's just flying level, no banks or turns.

There's an invisible saddle

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would also be the issue of how does one prove their lineage?
Remember when Ned took Robert's note/seal to Cersei putting Ned in charge?
She just ripped it up.
Essentially if would be Bran's word against Cersei.
Even if Howland Reed enters the picture as one of the other witnesses of that day (Tower of Joy maid?) and gives his statement, again, Cersei can just ignore it and declare those folks as traitors to the throne.

But, as you point out, true belief would come form Jon escaping harm from fire in view of a great deal of people. Pretty sure there would be no objections then....

We've already seen Jon get hurt by fire, though, when he threw the lantern at the wight that was attacking Mormont in Castle Black, he burned his hand. I think we all need to remember that not ALL Targs are fireproof. That's special to Dany. Hell, one of the most famous backstories is of Aegon the Unlikely, a full-blooded and one of the most beloved Targs of all time dying in a fire.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, has anyone updated Bronn's shot chart?
He's 1/2 from long range.....

And Bronn is obviously a bad-ass. Ack-ack against WW2 bombers was mostly just a nuisance that MIGHT now and then bring one down.

A big crossbow bolted to a wagon you can't move? Bronn is Odin, clearly.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And is it the board's opinion that Drogon was more or less winged with that shot? Didn't really look like it hit him in the meaty vitals or anything, more like the root of his right wing?

Or did they import poison bolt tips from Dorne?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And is it the board's opinion that Drogon was more or less winged with that shot? Didn't really look like it hit him in the meaty vitals or anything, more like the root of his right wing?

Drogon just needs to eat a few dozen sheep, maybe some Lannister corpses, and he'll be back in the fight.

You might be onto something with poison and Cersei's pet Maester for KL battles coming up though.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a great goddamn idea. I had never thought of that for some reason, but that sounds like a much more effective way of taking the dragons out than relying on a dead-on accurate kill shot.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode, but I think it would've been more impactfull if they killed a character people like. I think they dropped the ball. And I agree, Jaime diving into on pond with a super steep drop off was hiding under the dumpster esque, and it was clearly bronn.

I think it would have been more impactful if the dragon queen and her slave chick advisor took their tops off and rubbed their nipples together.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode, but I think it would've been more impactfull if they killed a character people like. I think they dropped the ball. And I agree, Jaime diving into on pond with a super steep drop off was hiding under the dumpster esque, and it was clearly bronn.

It was Euron... he is everywhere.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="RegentDenali, post: 10355444, member: 3521 And can someone explain to me why those forces were left so far behind the gold transport. Also would like to know how the horse army got transported to the mainland if all the ships got wasted by Eurons navy recently.

But one thing I see from this battle as well. The Lannisters don't have control over all the food in that portion of the kingdom anymore. Dani and her army does. Euron's ships and his forces are strictly naval/pirate types. They can't contribute jack on land.

Those forces were so far behind the gold transport because those forces were the food gathering convoy...they were stopping at as many farms in the Reach (Tyrell territory) as possible in order to collect the recent harvest.

The living are gonna be screwed as Winter creeps further south...Dany destroyed a lot of food in that battle. The Iron Bank should invest in the salted fish market, because preserved seafood is gonna be real important now.

As for the Dothraki being able to cross Blackwater Bay from Dragonstone to mainland Westeros, remember Tyrion said that Dany still has enough ships to transport the Dothraki.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
So I guess that's one of the reasons Tyrion is gonna be pissed at Dany and having a timeout period from the war planning council. Cause she burned a lot of the food for winter for not just her army, but all of southern westeros. Why Jaime looked soo horrified as all the wagons were burning.

"Opps. I did it again...I Dracarus too much. Now Its all burned".

I think this is going to be the theme that keeps getting pounded for ever. Tyrion is obsessed with this trying to be some minimal blood or suffering war. To keep Dany's image squeaky clean. Uggghhh....war is ugly dude. He should know better by now.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragon war scene wasn't as cool as Arya's sword fight.

I wouldn't go that far but watching Arya toy with Brienne was pretty sweet. Definitely the next echelon of entertainment from last night.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragon war scene wasn't as cool as Arya's sword fight.

Honestly, I wasn't overly impressed with the episode, and not just because it was bereft of titties. Just wasn't that exciting to me. Maybe I'm over it. Don't know. I will say that as far as battle scenes go, I thought this one paled in a big way compared to hard home, the battle of the bastards or the one where the wildlings attacked the wall.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why didn't those fucks writing this shit give this episode a name? Every other episode has a name. On HBO Go, this one just says "Game of Thrones 64."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The episode name is "The Spoils of War".

Thanks, Apa Chef.

Now, being that you've been so helpful with this, maybe you can shed some light on why those two vixens didn't rub their nipples together?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why didn't those fucks writing this shit give this episode a name? Every other episode has a name. On HBO Go, this one just says "Game of Thrones 64."
Its titled "the spoils of war"