• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, thoughts on Littlefinger.
We know that Bran tripped him up with the chaos ladder burn.
But, what about the stare he had with Arya....

Is it possible Littlefinger has done business with the faceless ones before?
Did he see Jaqen H'ghar in her eyes?
Which begs the question, how did Jaqen get captured in the first place when Arya freed him?
Did Littlefinger conduct business with him and set him up?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, thoughts on Littlefinger.
We know that Bran tripped him up with the chaos ladder burn.
But, what about the stare he had with Arya....

Is it possible Littlefinger has done business with the faceless ones before?
Did he see Jaqen H'ghar in her eyes?
Which begs the question, how did Jaqen get captured in the first place when Arya freed him?
Did Littlefinger conduct business with him and set him up?
I expected Arya to give credit to Syrio when asked about where she learned to fight. Give the dead their due, woman.

I think Littlefinger is realizing that he is up against more than he expected. This isn't going to be taking candy from babies, but he definitely has plans to ride on the Stark coattails as long as he can. Once Jon comes back, it really fucks up Littlefingers plans. He needs the younger Stark kids on his side, but I can't see that happening with all the mistrust Sansa has for him, despite having him around her all the time.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Arya to give credit to Syrio when asked about where she learned to fight. Give the dead their due, woman.

I think Littlefinger is realizing that he is up against more than he expected. This isn't going to be taking candy from babies, but he definitely has plans to ride on the Stark coattails as long as he can. Once Jon comes back, it really fucks up Littlefingers plans. He needs the younger Stark kids on his side, but I can't see that happening with all the mistrust Sansa has for him, despite having him around her all the time.

Maybe LF just sees the same ruthlessness in Arya, as someone who knows how to climb that chaos ladder.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LF just sees the same ruthlessness in Arya, as someone who knows how to climb that chaos ladder.
maybe.

I was thinking about it last night. You have LF, who is a veteran in the Game and he is struggling with these rookies. I am sure someone will make a misstep somewhere and he will pounce. He is just waiting for his moment.

I had to rewind it and put on captions to understand Bran when he said the chaos ladder line. He is really the worst character.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on her list...

Yet.
I don't think she is actively adding to her list anymore, she just acts instead.

Or maybe she is controlling herself and only killing those she feels truly needs it. There are a couple names on her list in the books who come off as extremely petty (Dunsen stealing Gendry's helmet and Polliver stealing Needle) that I don't think she would care about these days.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe.

I was thinking about it last night. You have LF, who is a veteran in the Game and he is struggling with these rookies. I am sure someone will make a misstep somewhere and he will pounce. He is just waiting for his moment.

I had to rewind it and put on captions to understand Bran when he said the chaos ladder line. He is really the worst character.

It seems like the trope 'His greatest gift is his greatest curse...'.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode, but I think it would've been more impactfull if they killed a character people like. I think they dropped the ball. And I agree, Jaime diving into on pond with a super steep drop off was hiding under the dumpster esque, and it was clearly bronn.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode, but I think it would've been more impactfull if they killed a character people like. I think they dropped the ball. And I agree, Jaime diving into on pond with a super steep drop off was hiding under the dumpster esque, and it was clearly bronn.
I don't think that was the right time to kill off Jamie. He has too much of a character arch to kill him off right now and you know Dany isn't getting killed. I don't think it was a missed opportunity.

I was expecting Bronn to get taken out when he was running like a coward. He should have been eaten by Drogon or something.

I was very surprised at how deep that water was. I thought it was a creek, not a friggin river.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit... Reading Arya's list I saw how a lot of her anger is toward those who mistreated Gendry... Finally made me ask, "Who is Gendry again?"... So I looked him up... "Oh, Gendry is Podrick!"...

No, no I guess that's not true... I'm SO confused.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that was the right time to kill off Jamie. He has too much of a character arch to kill him off right now and you know Dany isn't getting killed. I don't think it was a missed opportunity.

I was expecting Bronn to get taken out when he was running like a coward. He should have been eaten by Drogon or something.

I was very surprised at how deep that water was. I thought it was a creek, not a friggin river.

I agree the arc for Jaime was huge, I didn't say it had to be Jaime, Dany, etc....but Bronn would've had an impact, fans like him.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the arc for Jaime was huge, I didn't say it had to be Jaime, Dany, etc....but Bronn would've had an impact, fans like him.
plus with him complaining about not getting paid enough for what he was doing, it would have been the perfect time to off him. Now, he lost his golf and (maybe) saved Jamie from getting torched. If they get out of this, he is going to be owed a lot more.

But since he is a sellsword without loyalty, I imagine he will end up with Tyrion.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode.

Two quibbles.

The gold escaping to King's Landing seems a bit cheap. Jaime being saved from the dragon was silly as well. Neither is major flaw though. Obviously they want to extend Cersei for another couple of episodes. Or they want the Iron Bank to abandon her more egregiously. Or the Golden Company will be her undoing.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, from a larger more grand perspective...

Doesn't Jon's lineage inherently unite the North and the South already, if/when it is ever discovered by everyone who his parents REALLY were?

Seems like a HUGE tamale hanging out there that changes the game mightily...

Kinda technically would make a Dany/Jon wedding slightly incestuous, but we've seen worse... Wonder how Dany may react if/when she hears of this little factoid?

Other possibility? Dany doesn't make it and in Star Wars-esque fashion. "That girl was our last hope."..... "No, there is another.", Jon picks up where Dany leaves off?

Could Jon's lineage be discovered by fire? IE... Much like Daenarys, he doesn't get burned by fire?

Anyway, just flinging poop at the wall I guess... Seems they're trending more toward the "ice and fire" route with Jon and Dany...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the romance between Jon and Dany. Not digging it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorah Mormont had better get to Dragonstone fast, so that he can advise Dany----- "Ummmm....hey Your Grace....I don't mean to be a dick.....but..... if you're gonna fly into battle again..... WEAR SOME FUCKING ARMOR.... you're immune to fire, not arrows, dumbass!"

At close range, armor probably won't stop a high velocity arrow from a longbow....but....high up in the air, a stray arrow with lower velocity at long range will probably be stopped by armor.

That's your suspension of disbelief moment with her riding a dragon?

:)

She'd get torn off the damn dragon about 10 seconds after it hit cruising speed, and that's just flying level, no banks or turns.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we know Jayme is dead how?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you only carry one giant bad ass dragon killing machine if you are going to carry any?

They do work, sort of. Might need to be hit by a few or a perfect shot in their mouths.

They have to take out Euron's navy to even the score still.

The dragon killing machine factory is on strike?