• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Theon just stood there awkwardly.

Theon needs to get his groove back. He needs to reconnect with Jon Snow.
Theon needs a quick and dramatic death so we don't have to suffer through him being a complete pussy all the time.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theon needs a quick and dramatic death so we don't have to suffer through him being a complete pussy all the time.
I don't think that will happen. His character arch is too interesting. I imagine he goes crawling back to the Starks and they take his head or he goes and fights side by side with them against the White Walkers because they need all the bodies they can find to fend them off. Maybe he dies fighting along side Jon or something.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya: I'm going back home, wanna come with me?
Dire wolf: Nah, costs too much to have me follow you around all the time. Besides, I got a gang of wolf homies now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least the Sand girl wif da purty bewbies is still alive

for that i am grateful
I bet she somehow ends up with Bronn...wherever the fuck he is.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the fucking least he could have done for him. That was some pretty gross shit. GF had the blanket pulled over her head.

Then cut right to Arya cutting into a pie.

That was just gay.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the ravens.

Is there a regular post where incoming ravens land?
Is there someone always there waiting for a message?
Does the maester of the castle check this room on a regular basis?
If a raven flies from the Wall to Dorne, does it get to stop en route for a water break?

Is each Raven only able to travel in one direction, back to the castle that it knows?
If Ravens are raised at Winterfell, you could take it anywhere and they would innately know how to get back to Winterfell.
Or, does each Raven know each specific castle, which begs the questions 'how the heck is that even remotely possible???'

Furthermore, is there a raven master? Someone who breeds the ravens and trains them?
Can you take classes on ravens at the Citadel?
If an important message has to go out to all the nearby castles, how do they replenish their ravens?
Do they get sent back? Seems like the folks running a raven farm should be raking it in...

Can a Warg tap into a raven and deliver the message to wherever they want?
Is there business in intercepting ravens or hiring archers to shoot down incoming ravens to 'starve' a castle of information? Or better yet, changing the information. I mean, c'mon, how hard would it be to get markers for making wax seals for each of the major houses....

I'd be pissed if I had to be the raven that goes from Dragonstone to Winterfell or the Wall.

Give me the Casterly Rock to King's Landing route.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just gay.
I was surprised she didn't already know the Starks were back in Winterfell before hearing it from Hot Pie. She spent a night hanging with Lannister soldiers and they never mentioned it? Did she not ask what the latest news was?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that will happen. His character arch is too interesting. I imagine he goes crawling back to the Starks and they take his head or he goes and fights side by side with them against the White Walkers because they need all the bodies they can find to fend them off. Maybe he dies fighting along side Jon or something.

I gotta think his character arch is going to end up much different in the book from the show. In the show he's mentally broken, but physically it appears "all" that happened was he had his weewee chopped off. I havent read them in a while, but I thought in the books he was much more Sand Dan Glokta. I thought there was a scene that showed Ramsey about to torture him, and musing to himself because he couldnt remembet off hand if he had miire teeth left or fingers and toes. It definitely seemed like book Theon was at least as physically broken as mentally, and his fightingbdays were way behind him.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think his character arch is going to end up much different in the book from the show. In the show he's mentally broken, but physically it appears "all" that happened was he had his weewee chopped off. I havent read them in a while, but I thought in the books he was much more Sand Dan Glokta. I thought there was a scene that showed Ramsey about to torture him, and musing to himself because he couldnt remembet off hand if he had miire teeth left or fingers and toes. It definitely seemed like book Theon was at least as physically broken as mentally, and his fightingbdays were way behind him.
he was more fucked up in the books, if I remember correctly. He couldn't remember his name most the time.

Reek. Rhymes with meek

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the ravens.

Is there a regular post where incoming ravens land?
Is there someone always there waiting for a message?
Does the maester of the castle check this room on a regular basis?
If a raven flies from the Wall to Dorne, does it get to stop en route for a water break?

Is each Raven only able to travel in one direction, back to the castle that it knows?
If Ravens are raised at Winterfell, you could take it anywhere and they would innately know how to get back to Winterfell.
Or, does each Raven know each specific castle, which begs the questions 'how the heck is that even remotely possible???'

Furthermore, is there a raven master? Someone who breeds the ravens and trains them?
Can you take classes on ravens at the Citadel?
If an important message has to go out to all the nearby castles, how do they replenish their ravens?
Do they get sent back? Seems like the folks running a raven farm should be raking it in...

Can a Warg tap into a raven and deliver the message to wherever they want?
Is there business in intercepting ravens or hiring archers to shoot down incoming ravens to 'starve' a castle of information? Or better yet, changing the information. I mean, c'mon, how hard would it be to get markers for making wax seals for each of the major houses....

We're talking about a show that has dragons, giants, zombies and a wrinkled up Golden Girl who puts on a magic necklace and becomes a smoking hot redhead, and you're questing how they get birds to fly places?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an insult to me, sir.

Sorry. Not intended.

I just bust cfh's balls because I'd always see him on The Walking Dead thread saying saying, "oh, that's way too expensive for TV," and then we'd see them do whatever he was saying was impossible a few episodes later.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit of plot hole. He did beg for one of his fingers to be cut off, and he appears to have all 10. His other fingers were surely cut as well along with a lot of damage to his feet. The reality is he'd be shuffling and unable to make a fist much less be top notch fighter. Maybe the god of light can restore some digits but not others

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Not intended.

I just bust cfh's balls because I'd always see him on The Walking Dead thread saying saying, "oh, that's way too expensive for TV," and then we'd see them do whatever he was saying was impossible a few episodes later.

Well, the wolves did look kinda shitty. They probably got dragons banging in the next episode though so it's okay.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about a show that has dragons, giants, zombies and a wrinkled up Golden Girl who puts on a magic necklace and becomes a smoking hot redhead, and you're questing how they get birds to fly places?

I'm the same with the TWD. It's the little things that bother me

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised she didn't already know the Starks were back in Winterfell before hearing it from Hot Pie. She spent a night hanging with Lannister soldiers and they never mentioned it? Did she not ask what the latest news was?

She needs to get Twitter

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are critically important, and you can't just have any raven. You need one that knows to fly to a specific place.

I wold think Dorne and Tyrell gave Dany a whole bunch of ravens to stock up Dragonstone.

Yeah that was kind of my point about that last part how it wouldn't really make sense for them to bring their own over from Essos. Not even sure if they use them over there. But yeah I hadn't thought of some of their Westerosi allies lending them some ravens.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the thing is all those things are magic but not the ravens. They are handled by the maesters who don't believe in magic.

Anyway to answer the original question, my understanding was that every castle had at least one raven from another castle that would fly home when released. How many they'd have for each castle, I'm not sure. Or what becomes of the raven once it gets home I'm not sure about either. It seems like it would be kind of useless at that point.