• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did people live in Dragonstone? Where did they go?

I think I read somewhere that a large chunk of Stannis' crew were paid mercenaries so when he bit the dust, the survivors just up and left. Makes sense. No need to stick around if you aren't getting paid. I also get leaving it abandoned if say you're Cersei. At the time, you aren't aware Dany is coming. You're more preoccupied dealing with all the stuff going on in Westeros. Not saying its smart, but I can see it. What I don't get is how its completely abandoned. You'd think some commoners would squat there. I would. But all this stuff is trivial anyway.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stannis had Dragonstone before he left to head North. I would have thought a skeleton crew would have been left there but I guess he just completely abandoned it? And then after Stannis was defeated nobody thought it would be a good idea to try to take it? IDK man.
but I imagine there are common folk who lived there. Servants who hung around and all that. He didn't up and take all the women and children with him. If he is a Lord, he has a system that gets him food and everything, so they should all still be in place despite not having a Lord.

In the books Cercei sends a small force to take Dragonstone after Stannis abandons it, led by Loras Tyrell. They take the castle and Loras is injured, so stays there and is treated by their Maesters.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I imagine there are common folk who lived there. Servants who hung around and all that. He didn't up and take all the women and children with him. If he is a Lord, he has a system that gets him food and everything, so they should all still be in place despite not having a Lord.

In the books Cercei sends a small force to take Dragonstone after Stannis abandons it, led by Loras Tyrell. They take the castle and Loras is injured, so stays there and is treated by their Maesters.

shut your face about the books

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut your face about the books
sorry.

I mean, they can't get anywhere close to the books, but at least in the books, Cercei had to lay a siege on Dragonstone, meaning there were remaining forces. Dany just walked right through the door. Not even someone squatting in that castle. That seems weird to me.

Also, fuck them for not having a Patchface character!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah well book Loras is actually a somewhat interesting character. Show Loras is just a dude who is either pouting or taking it in the ass in 90% of his scenes.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am enjoying the fact that this special procedure for Jorah is just simply cutting the diseased skin off.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am enjoying the fact that this special procedure for Jorah is just simply cutting the diseased skin off.
and applying a salve.

Why didn't anyone else think of that!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe some guy with a chopped off dick beds some super hot chick and with a regular dick I can't even get a chick over 20 lbs in bed at the moment. This Game of Thrones shit is bullshit!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Dragonstone would really be the place for a commoner/squatter. For starters, it might not necessarily have been common knowledge that it was completely abandoned. Last thing a lot of people heard was probably how Stannis' priestess was burning people alive there. Remember Davos' pirate friend Salladhor Saan didn't want to go back to Dragonstone after Blackwater. If they were aware it was vacant, they might have assumed that it wouldn't be long before an army showed up and they might not want to be around when it did. Plus there's not much there for food unless you're a fisherman, in which case you could probably make good money in the city. But I imagine there's lots of expensive stuff there worth looting, so if someone did know it was completely abandoned, they'd be smart to grab whatever they could and bring it back to the mainland.

That being said, Daenerys and her army should have been more cautious as they approached Dragonstone just in case there was someone occupying it (military or otherwise).

Cersei had the best chance to take it but was too preoccupied with the Sparrows and Tyrells. Tommen was pretty much useless while he was king so he wouldn't take it unless he was advised to do so. You can bet that if Tywin was around much longer, he probably would have made sure it was occupied by Lannisters/The Crown. Not only would it have been a good military base but once word got out about dragonglass being the new hot commodity, the mines could have replaced their dried up gold mines.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And because, apparently, the guy who tried to do the curing, caught the disease.
seems like a silly reason to stop doing any kind of research on it.

that's like saying we shouldn't research nuclear energy because Marie Curie died of radiation poisoning.

Last edited:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a silly reason to stop doing any kind of research on it.

that's like saying we shouldn't research nuclear energy because Marie Curie died of radiation poisoning.

Oh, I agree, but that was the Maester's reasoning in that last episode. Not always the most forward thinkers, these Westerosi.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree, but that was the Maester's reasoning in that last episode. Not always the most forward thinkers, these Westerosi.
again, I think this is the showrunners sloppy writing, not GRRM, to tie storylines together.