• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other 2 most definitely went down but i don't think they showed or implied that the other that was with Ellaria went down. I think they are holding her captive along with her mom. I guess we all know Ellaria will be Euron's gift to Cersei now, but not sure how the lone Sand daughter will play into that. Maybe she's the stocking stuffer.

The 3rd (and most tolerable) Sand Snake was captured along with her mother and Yara. They will no doubt be the gift to Cersei from Euron. In that painful scene right before the battle featuring all 3 Sand Snakes, they made a point to make it clear that while they are all Oberyn's daughters, only the one that was captured is Ellaria's daughter. The next episode is called "The Queen's Justice" and Ellaria killed Cersei's daughter. I'd say Cersei is most likely going to Ellaria's daughter be executed in front of her before turning Ellaria over to The Mountain for weeks of torture.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the gf goes "I wonder if Jon Snow is going to get the raven from the Citadel before or after Tyrion's"

Sam sent his first, right? Where is the Citadel in Westeros?
Map_Westeros_Political.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3rd (and most tolerable) Sand Snake was captured along with her mother and Yara. They will no doubt be the gift to Cersei from Euron. In that painful scene right before the battle featuring all 3 Sand Snakes, they made a point to make it clear that while they are all Oberyn's daughters, only the one that was captured is Ellaria's daughter. The next episode is called "The Queen's Justice" and Ellaria killed Cersei's daughter. I'd say Cersei is most likely going to Ellaria's daughter be executed in front of her before turning Ellaria over to The Mountain for weeks of torture.
Mmmm could be, especially the part about killing the daughter. Kind of disappointed that a character like Euron was able to kill her siblings so easily. Thought they were supposed to be bad asses.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite line of the episode.......... Foreign invasion......

Nah. That was cheesy as fuck. The best line came from Arya

Hot Pie: (Can't remember but he's talking about how he makes good pies)

Arya: I didn't do that.

Hot Pie: You've made pies before?

Arya: One or two

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Euron was badass... But how did he get that close to Yara's flagship without being noticed? Sure, he's a great captain, but he's also commanding a huge ship.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much of that episode made no sense and so much of that dialogue belonged in a Joel Schumacher Batman film. At least we got to see some real nice titties, a bunch of shit blowing up, and the ending with Theon was at least interesting.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany's army was pretty strong, so it made sense for Euron to knock them down a peg.
What didn't make much sense was how Iron Born could be so easily surprised on the open seas like that.
I guess it was cloudy and there was no moonlight. And they forgot that he might be looking for them...

Euron was badass... But how did he get that close to Yara's flagship without being noticed? Sure, he's a great captain, but he's also commanding a huge ship.

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with how Yara's fleet was caught in such a surprise.

Now I certainly understand how Yara's ships were boarded and beaten so easily, as her ships had skeleton crews/relatively empty of warriors because the ships were on their way to Dorne to pick-up troops, whereas Euron's ships were full of raiders/warriors, and on the hunt & battle ready. But.... Yara still should have had numerous lookouts keeping watch on the decks of her ships.

I think the beginning of the scene would have played more realistically if an alarm bell was sounded by Yara's lookouts just prior to Euron's attack. The outcome of the battle would've been the same, as Yara's ships were relatively empty of warriors, but it would've made more sense.

Chalk it up to poor writing.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many people upset at theon but the battle was lost.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much of that episode made no sense and so much of that dialogue belonged in a Joel Schumacher Batman film. At least we got to see some real nice titties, a bunch of shit blowing up, and the ending with Theon was at least interesting.
I was worried we would be seeing Greyworm's...cavity? I don't know. I wouldn't have put it past them to show it.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. That was cheesy as fuck. The best line came from Arya

Hot Pie: (Can't remember but he's talking about how he makes good pies)

Arya: I didn't do that.

Hot Pie: You've made pies before?

Arya: One or two

That was a good one too but I thought mine was funnier.

200.webp

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty pumped about the new season so far. Lots of action and the plot is moving along quickly.

It will be a joyous occasion when Cersei finally bites the dust.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is fantastic so far.

I think losing all those ships is going to give Dany reason to go against her clever man and be a dragon. She'll now attack King's Landing.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did people live in Dragonstone? Where did they go?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stannis had Dragonstone before he left to head North. I would have thought a skeleton crew would have been left there but I guess he just completely abandoned it? And then after Stannis was defeated nobody thought it would be a good idea to try to take it? IDK man.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong Stark sister.

It was set up all along for Jon to end up with Arya . Although the show hasn't played on that angle at all, unlike the book where they beat you over the head with Jon and Arya being so close and caring for each other. And then beat you over the head with Targareans marrying their brothers and sisters. But that was mostly in the first book or two where it was still supposed to be a trilogy. GRRM could have changed the basic outline of the whole story, although I doubt it.

But at this point I'm not sure how similar the book and the show ending are going to be. I assume they'll follow the same basic outline though.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stannis had Dragonstone before he left to head North. I would have thought a skeleton crew would have been left there but I guess he just completely abandoned it? And then after Stannis was defeated nobody thought it would be a good idea to try to take it? IDK man.

Yeah... it just doesn't make sense why nobody took possession of such a strategically located stronghold, especially since it was built with long lost Valyrian engineering/construction/architectural technology... Dragonstone should be a highly coveted location.

Common sense tells us that somebody (probably the Iron Bank or the Crown) should have sent a small contingent to occupy the place instead of leaving it empty for Dany to claim unopposed.

Poor writing.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya: I'm going back home, wanna come with me?
Dire wolf: Nah, costs too much to have me follow you around all the time. Besides, I got a gang of wolf homies now.
with less cash spent on the # of episodes, the blackout out night sea battle and the wolf pack cgi, there should be alot of cash spent on some great visuals during the remainder of the season... or was it just bigger salaries for the actors?