• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Theon just stood there awkwardly.

Theon needs to get his groove back. He needs to reconnect with Jon Snow.
I don't know that there's any coming back from that.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with you on the Gentlemen Bastards. Lies was fucking great and everything after has been pretty substandard.

I have not been recommended MBotF. Is that something I should pick up?

It depends. Its not for everyone. But its my personal favorite series. Erikson is like the antithesis to Martin and Rothfuss though. He was cranking out a new book in the series published and everything like every 11 months. But between books he might forget a few key pieces of backstory. For instance a female character in book one ended up being a male in book 2. He didn't sit down and plot everything out, he just sat down and atarted writing. But his writing is as good as anyone out there.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll have his moment

Seeing people cut up gave him a little PTSD though

Bitch move but he was gonna die if he didn't jump either so even if he didn't habe flashbacks it would habe been the smart move...not the brave one but he is still breathing.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll have his moment

Seeing people cut up gave him a little PTSD though
I don't really get why it didn't affect him while he was doing to cutting and stabbing. It seemed he was doing just fine in the battle before Euron got his attention

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was good episode

Clearly saving their budget for later battles.

Amazing how fast people and birds can travel

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get why it didn't affect him while he was doing to cutting and stabbing. It seemed he was doing just fine in the battle before Euron got his attention

My guess is when Euron got his attention he finally was able to stop and look around. Also, most of the battle was now done so there was a load of carnage to see at that time.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, I'm not a psychologist

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they just ate up 4 months of travel time.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good episode.

Dany's army was pretty strong, so it made sense for Euron to knock them down a peg.
What didn't make much sense was how Iron Born could be so easily surprised on the open seas like that.
I guess it was cloudy and there was no moonlight. And they forgot that he might be looking for them...

Theon reverted to Reek, though he really had no play, as any move he made may have cost Yara her life.
Live to fight again another day, though it wouldn't surprise me if GRRM is setting us all up for expecting redemption that just never comes. Not sure where he fits in now, though I suppose he could go limping back to Daneyras, though it wouldn't surprise me if he winds up wearing the Black and taking the oath.

Feels like they are rushing the Sam/Jorah plot to reach a quick conclusion, but I'm guessing Sam gets caught and they both get thrown out, but Sam has learned enough to possibly join Jon at Dragonstone, with Jorah joining him and Gilly/baby Sam.

If Kings Landing prepares 50-100 giant crossbows, where did they get the gold to finance this?
Weren't they in trouble with the Iron Bank already?
It might seem like a silly detail, but the show has already gone out of their way to give us scenes where Stannis pleads with the Iron Bank in his attempt to beat the Lannisters, so how are they keeping their cash flow going?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not clear how much time has passed since Melissandre was banished from the North. A lot of other characters have done a lot of travelling too so I guess we just have to assume that lots of time had passed. What I'd like to know is what ravens were sent from Dragonstone seeing as how it had been abandoned? Was Gendry stopping by and feeding them? Did they bring their own from Essos who would somehow know how to make it to Winterfell?
Ravens are critically important, and you can't just have any raven. You need one that knows to fly to a specific place.

I wold think Dorne and Tyrell gave Dany a whole bunch of ravens to stock up Dragonstone.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the gf goes "I wonder if Jon Snow is going to get the raven from the Citadel before or after Tyrion's"

Sam sent his first, right? Where is the Citadel in Westeros?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the ravens.

Is there a regular post where incoming ravens land?
Is there someone always there waiting for a message?
Does the maester of the castle check this room on a regular basis?
If a raven flies from the Wall to Dorne, does it get to stop en route for a water break?

Is each Raven only able to travel in one direction, back to the castle that it knows?
If Ravens are raised at Winterfell, you could take it anywhere and they would innately know how to get back to Winterfell.
Or, does each Raven know each specific castle, which begs the questions 'how the heck is that even remotely possible???'

Furthermore, is there a raven master? Someone who breeds the ravens and trains them?
Can you take classes on ravens at the Citadel?
If an important message has to go out to all the nearby castles, how do they replenish their ravens?
Do they get sent back? Seems like the folks running a raven farm should be raking it in...

Can a Warg tap into a raven and deliver the message to wherever they want?
Is there business in intercepting ravens or hiring archers to shoot down incoming ravens to 'starve' a castle of information? Or better yet, changing the information. I mean, c'mon, how hard would it be to get markers for making wax seals for each of the major houses....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Sam couldn't find Jorah any, "Milk of the Puppy"? Some actress tart at the bottom of the world had a stash.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Sam couldn't find Jorah any, "Milk of the Puppy"? Some actress tart at the bottom of the world had a stash.
that's the fucking least he could have done for him. That was some pretty gross shit. GF had the blanket pulled over her head.

Then cut right to Arya cutting into a pie.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the gf goes "I wonder if Jon Snow is going to get the raven from the Citadel before or after Tyrion's"

Sam sent his first, right? Where is the Citadel in Westeros?

Southwestern part of the continent on the coast.