• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also get:

Not really sure what the problem with Talisa is.

Agreed. It's not like Jeyne Westerling was some great character that we didn't get to see. Just some girl that Robb had a shotgun wedding with after a moment of weakness. The show went the falling-in-love route, and I'm good with it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's not like Jeyne Westerling was some great character that we didn't get to see. Just some girl that Jon had a shotgun wedding with after a moment of weakness. The show went the falling-in-love route, and I'm good with it.
Rob

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? Haven't you ever fallen off a bridge into water that's 70% poop after being stabbed in the gut and then woken up the next day and immediately started an intense session of Parkour?
Sounds like a normal Tuesday to me.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of imagination up in here.

She's playing LF.

Leading him around by his little finger.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they covered that last season, with the whole Bran visiting the Tower of Joy scenes.

So I just rewatched that last episode. I swear to god that I don't remember half of it. I remember samwell going to citidel and aryia killing old man walter but the rest ?

This was right after my surgery so I wonder if I was still taking the pills and feeling good....not remembering shit.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are meaning...

We also get:

Hardhome
Arya & Tywin
Jaime being trained by Bronn instead of a mute
The Hound vs. Brienne (kind of cool but a bit over-rated in my opinion. Most loved it though.)
Scenes showing Ramsay torturing Theon
Countless scenes featuring non-POV characters only. I'm sure some are bad but most that come to mind are great, especially the ones in the throne room in the earlier seasons.

I could probably add a few things to your list as well as mine. There are some things about the show I don't like but not all changes are bad in my opinion. Not really sure what the problem with Talisa is. For the most part I was indifferent to both her on the show and Jeyne in the books. I did like that they developed her as well as Robb more on the show though because I think it made the Red Wedding even better.
Ramsay did torture Theon. Even worse in the books.

Book Jeyne/Talisa survives with the child, which would throw quite the monkeywrench into things.

The Hound and Brienne do fight in the books.

The product is good when they stick to GRRM's source material. When they don't, we get:

Dorne. Shirtless Ramsay. Talisa. Twenty good men. Clown Euron and Kingsmoot.

D&D butcher Martin's work.

Book Dorne is possibly even shittier than show Dorne. Previously mentioned crap plot line resulting in toasted prince.

Ramsey does take "twenty good men" to torch Stannis camp in the night.

The Kingsmoot went pretty close to the show. There was another claimant besides Euron and Asha/Yara...each presented chests of items (Asha/Yara had pinecones and stuff saying she will give them growth in land and settlements). Euron shows up and has his dude blow Dragonbinder (and the dude dies).

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got-reunion-arya-sansa.gif

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just rewatched that last episode. I swear to god that I don't remember half of it. I remember samwell going to citidel and aryia killing old man walter but the rest ?

This was right after my surgery so I wonder if I was still taking the pills and feeling good....not remembering shit.

I always have to rewatch them. By 9pm Sunday I've usually had quite a few whiskeys

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon looks at Sansa as a bratty little sister. She will always be sibling material to him, despite what he eventually discovers about himself.

But yeah...Dany...it's a little different among Targaryens. :2cents:

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants Jon and Dany at the end but I don't think we're going to get what we want.

rs_500x254-160519134911-ramsay-gif-8.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants Jon and Dany at the end but I don't think we're going to get what we want.

rs_500x254-160519134911-ramsay-gif-8.gif
I don't expect that to happen because I think it is the "happy ending". I think that will happen because I believe this show is about something. Namely the story of how Jon saved humanity from the Wights and how Danny saved Westeros from its lack of humanity.

Pretty much any other outcome and this isn't a story about anything.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect that to happen because I think it is the "happy ending". I think that will happen because I believe this show is about something. Namely the story of how Jon saved humanity from the Wights and how Danny saved Westeros from its lack of humanity.

Pretty much any other outcome and this isn't a story about anything.

GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet, maybe Jon dies saving humanity from the Wights and Dany sits on the Iron Throne.

Who knows.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet, maybe Jon dies saving humanity from the Wights and Dany sits on the Iron Throne.

Who knows.
That would qualify under my expectation. Maybe they discover a way to return all dead back to death. That would kill Jon, Mountain, the dude from BwoB and the wights.