• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Dorne was cut wrong if you ask me, just like the Tyrell storyline was done wrong. I think there are ways to sway from the books that is done right and the show did a good job with most of it, but there were still a couple things they did that drove me a little crazy

I still love the show, I just think they could have done some things a little better.
if you read the books, the Dorne story is also a total waste...following the moron prince around only to have him turned into dragon hor d'oeuvres. I could have done without the extra pages, personally.

Now I DO hope the Jon Connington story pans out. I like the Young Griff arc a lot.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you read the books, the Dorne story is also a total waste...following the moron prince around only to have him turned into dragon hor d'oeuvres. I could have done without the extra pages, personally.

Now I DO hope the Jon Connington story pans out. I like the Young Griff arc a lot.
I forget that whole part of the story. I really am worried that when Winds of Winter does come out I will have forgotten much of the stuff from Dance with Dragons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget that whole part of the story. I really am worried that when Winds of Winter does come out I will have forgotten much of the stuff from Dance with Dragons.
Just re-read Dance a few days before the 2032 release of Winds.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just re-read Dance a few days before the 2032 release of Winds.
I bought this set last Amazon Prime day. I haven't read any of these copies , but it's like reading a freaking Bible. The font is so tiny.

61CFD2riLRL.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been so long since I've read an actual book it's crazy. Been years. I just download books onto my iPhone.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Simple writing style. Flawed heroes.
Fantasy fluff, if that's your kind of thing.

And like my nom de plume, I enjoyed the books by David Eddings.
Brienne/Tormund reminds me of Mirtai/Kring.

Good stuff...
I love Eddings' books!!!

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my biggest bitches about the books.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even the best at something has weaknesses.

GoT is the best fantasy show currently on TV. And its biggest weakness is D&D's original writing.

D&D are excellent producers, and I've never said otherwise. Things like their set design, costuming, and casting are some of the best on TV. What I'm criticizing is their writing. They're great producers, but hack writers.

I agree with this. Think Arya being pursued by the Terminator....err Waif scene.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Think Arya being pursued by the Terminator....err Waif scene.

What do you mean? Haven't you ever fallen off a bridge into water that's 70% poop after being stabbed in the gut and then woken up the next day and immediately started an intense session of Parkour?

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? Haven't you ever fallen off a bridge into water that's 70% poop after being stabbed in the gut and then woken up the next day and immediately started an intense session of Parkour?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The product is good when they stick to GRRM's source material. When they don't, we get:

Dorne. Shirtless Ramsay. Talisa. Twenty good men. Clown Euron and Kingsmoot.

D&D butcher Martin's work.

We also get:

Hardhome
Arya & Tywin
Jaime being trained by Bronn instead of a mute
The Hound vs. Brienne (kind of cool but a bit over-rated in my opinion. Most loved it though.)
Scenes showing Ramsay torturing Theon
Countless scenes featuring non-POV characters only. I'm sure some are bad but most that come to mind are great, especially the ones in the throne room in the earlier seasons.

I could probably add a few things to your list as well as mine. There are some things about the show I don't like but not all changes are bad in my opinion. Not really sure what the problem with Talisa is. For the most part I was indifferent to both her on the show and Jeyne in the books. I did like that they developed her as well as Robb more on the show though because I think it made the Red Wedding even better.

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. She is even rocking a Cersei hairstyle.
she might even have learned some of that good ince$t Cersei has been all about.