• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but I think I'll go with no with the reasoning being. Lysa's hubby, Jon Arryn, was Hand of the King to Robert Barathelon. That would seem to indicate loyalty to Kings Landing. I can't call it though, not for sure.

There was until Jon died and then not so much.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's slow, but at least high-quality.

D&D are hacks.
GRRM is the best fantasy writer in the game. But his focus is the worst in the game. The guys running the show are the best at what they do too. It's a perfect marriage. Which is why the product is so good. I'm entirely fine with letting the show finish the story for me (I have zero intention of finishing ASOIAF if they ever come out). And I was an early reader. I started this series about a month after it hit bookshelves way back when.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's life in Texas these days Tree?

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh-huh. This is like me saying I've eaten my last potato chip.
Five years ago I would agree with you. But I really think that is where I am right now. We'll see. I'm irritated with GRRM but that's not my reason. I very rarely read something a second time and I think that's what it would kind of feel like. I just don't see myself investing in "alternate" story lines. GRRM insists that the show will reflect his ending (with variations on how we get there). That's not enough for me to read the last two books I don't think. At least I don't think it will be.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys running the show are the best at what they do too. It's a perfect marriage. Which is why the product is so good.

The product is good when they stick to GRRM's source material. When they don't, we get:

Dorne. Shirtless Ramsay. Talisa. Twenty good men. Clown Euron and Kingsmoot.

D&D butcher Martin's work.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The product is good when they stick to GRRM's source material. When they don't, we get:

Dorne. Shirtless Ramsay. Talisa. Twenty good men. Clown Euron and Kingsmoot.

D&D butcher Martin's work.

So, if they're 'hacks,' listing all the fantasy tv shows that are better should be quite easy. List away.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me a minute on D&D, I've been using B&W.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My work here is done.
A side note, after reading GoT I gave it to a buddy who instantly became obsessed too. Was talking with him a few weeks ago and he's as skeptical as you are that I'll pass on the rest of the books. I will tell you this. When he releases the next book I will pass. IF he actually finishes the series I "might" read the last two. I really don't think that will happen though. I think the last book will go unfinished or be finished by someone else. Even if the fat hobbit lives to finish it will he be in his right mind to do it justice at 95 years old?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's life in Texas these days Tree?

Well.......I have been in the detroit area forever but I did just visit home and damn was it ever refreshing. Nothing and I mean nothing beats family. The youngest getting to know his cousins.......nothing compares.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if they're 'hacks,' listing all the fantasy tv shows that are better should be quite easy. List away.

That actually just proves my point. Game of Thrones is the best fantasy show currently on TV because of the parts that stick to GRRM's source material.

That is precisely why D&D are hacks: they're fine when they just stick to and source from GRRM's work, but when they deviate and start writing their fanfiction original plots, those parts of the show are terrible.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A side note, after reading GoT I gave it to a buddy who instantly became obsessed too. Was talking with him a few weeks ago and he's as skeptical as you are that I'll pass on the rest of the books. I will tell you this. When he releases the next book I will pass. IF he actually finishes the series I "might" read the last two. I really don't think that will happen though. I think the last book will go unfinished or be finished by someone else. Even if the fat hobbit lives to finish it will he be in his right mind to do it justice at 95 years old?

I feel your pain. At the rate he's going it could be another ten years before the final book gets published.

With my luck his estate will hire Sanderson to finish it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of Thrones is good because of the parts that stick to GRRM's source material.

That is precisely why D&D are hacks: they're fine when they just stick to and source from GRRM's work, but when they start writing their fanfiction original plots, those parts of the show are terrible.

So there's NO better fantasy tv shows. Noted.

1 page per minute. You do the math too. It's not 'fan-fiction,' and it's supervised BY Martin.

The bright spot in all this is that maybe more people get that adapting books/plays to the screen ain't easy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain. At the rate he's going it could be another ten years before the final book gets published.

With my luck his estate will hire Sanderson to finish it.
I "almost" went there. But I like you too much to twist the knife. :D