• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that entail marrying her would still be suckin on his momma's teat if Littlefinger hadn't thrown her crazy ass through the moon door idiot cousin?

Not if he dies sometime soon, which I can see Littlefinger arranging somehow.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he dies sometime soon, which I can see Littlefinger arranging somehow.

True. Who's next in the line of succession after that little twat dies? Sensa? She wouldn't have to marry Littlefinger if she was.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Who's next in the line of succession after that little twat dies? Sensa? She wouldn't have to marry Littlefinger if she was.

I'm not sure that there would be an undisputed heir on the show, at least nobody we've heard about or seen. There's someone in the books but I doubt they will introduce him at this point. I really don't think that Sansa or any of the Stark kids would have a very strong claim. Yes, they are the current lord's cousins but they are cousins on the Tully side and it's the Arryn side that has ruled the Vale. And if they were to consider relatives on the Tully side, I would think that Edmure would come before any of the Starks, especially the daughters. I think it would be disputed between Littlefinger and Edmure. If the step-father were to marry the cousin, that could give him a stronger claim than the uncle.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Vale technically part of the North anyway? Wouldn't Winterfell still control it, regardless?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that there would be an undisputed heir on the show, at least nobody we've heard about or seen. There's someone in the books but I doubt they will introduce him at this point. I really don't think that Sansa or any of the Stark kids would have a very strong claim. Yes, they are the current lord's cousins but they are cousins on the Tully side and it's the Arryn side that has ruled the Vale. And if they were to consider relatives on the Tully side, I would think that Edmure would come before any of the Starks, especially the daughters. I think it would be disputed between Littlefinger and Edmure. If the step-father were to marry the cousin, that could give him a stronger claim than the uncle.

Cool, cool, cool. Whatever happens I'm sure Littlefinger will be all up in the mix. He doesn't have all the angles covered. He didn't know Sensa would lie to save him and I doubt he knew what a sadistic dickhead Ramsay Bolton was. But he's played a damn good game of thrones thus far.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Vale technically part of the North anyway? Wouldn't Winterfell still control it, regardless?

I don't know, but I think I'll go with no with the reasoning being. Lysa's hubby, Jon Arryn, was Hand of the King to Robert Barathelon. That would seem to indicate loyalty to Kings Landing. I can't call it though, not for sure.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, cool, cool. Whatever happens I'm sure Littlefinger will be all up in the mix. He doesn't have all the angles covered. He didn't know Sensa would lie to save him and I doubt he knew what a sadistic dickhead Ramsay Bolton was. But he's played a damn good game of thrones thus far.

I think his undoing will be Bran and his visions. He's supposed to be a master manipulator. He knows people and every move he makes seems to be well-calculated. But we never hear him talk of any supernatural or even religious beliefs. I don't think he will have accounted for the fact that a boy (whose father he betrayed) being able to see pretty much everything.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no, the Vale is not part of the North. There were ties between the Vale and the North because both Ned and Robert B were fostered in the Vale as boys (to eventual Hand of the King and dead man Robyrt Arryn).

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Littlefingers undoing is that he's a wuss. Pretty much EVERY male of any repute has to be able to lead from the front, at least a little bit. The whole tourney system, is designed to figure out which alpha male is the most alpha. Jayme struggles after he loses his right hand with his ability to lead men. LF can scheme and manipulate, but any half decent hedge knight can just run him through the bowels and that's it for Baelish.

He knows this of course, it's what has driven him ever since Catelyn laughed at him when he was a boy trying to woo her at the Harrenhal tourney.

Doesn't change that he can't fight his way out of wet paper bag.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sensa is gonna betray the shit outta Jon Snow, er, I mean Lord Stark.

I could see that happening since she's always been a twit and I give it high odds she betrays him somehow. But he's extremely important to the war against the white walkers so probably after that gets resolved, he'll get the knife in the back.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, c'mon!

Writing stupid characters (Cersei has never been too bright), doesn't mean the author is stupid, or that the writing it stupid.
Cersei in the books is a much better character than Cersei in the show.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 'ton?'

Hook a brother up.

I'm skeptical.
Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss
The Gentleman Bastards by Scott Lynch

Just to name a few.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cersei in the books is a much better character than Cersei in the show.

Cersei in the show is a much SHALLOWER character.

Nature of the beast.

The two MUST be different.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nature of the beast.

why MUST they be different?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss
The Gentleman Bastards by Scott Lynch

Just to name a few.

The first is downright laughable.

The second and third have been championed by guess who? GRRM.

And you stopped at three for a reason. Hell, I'll throw down Morgan and or Abercrombie as maybes. But it dries up VERRRRY fast. I fucking LOVE fantasy, I've been reading it voraciously all my life. Most of it is complete dreck. Swill. Garbage.

What's funny though, is you can't name anyone more influential than Martin in the last 20 years of fantasy.

He's a giant of the genre, and those guys you mentioned are at least 2/3 hugely influenced by HIM.

Heh.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't even find his typewriter dude.

No the problem is he CAN find his fucking typewriter, but he uses it on too many OTHER projects, iINCLUDING taking part in writer's groups that some of the guys in ill's list have attended.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nature of the beast.

I was about to say... she has WAY more depth in the books.