• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Game of Thrones' stars let loose in blooper reel - CNN.com
Bloopers and a brief discussion with Sophie Turner and what she thinks about the direction of her character and Jon Snow.

Despite not having much concrete info to report, Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa, said the events of last season could set the character on the path to darkness, empowerment — or perhaps some combination of the two.
In the penultimate episode of last season, Sansa finally got her revenge on her tormentor Ramsay, which led to his death.
One thing she is more sure of? That Sansa may not be confident in Jon Snow's ability to lead.
"I think she believed it was more a joint effort in terms of the Battle of the Bastards," she said. "She thinks they should be King and Queen of the North, certainly ... but I'm not sure she thinks Jon is capable of running Winterfell and the North."
Turner said Sansa likely doesn't think Jon "has the intellect, knowledge and experience that she has — and I concur."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never learn his real identity, but Benjen is definitely not Coldhands in the books.

Coldhands

He certainly could be Benjen. The only reason it is assumed that he isn't is because Martin wrote in the margins of one of the manuscripts(NOT Benjen) but that hardly prevents him from being Benjen.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly could be Benjen. The only reason it is assumed that he isn't is because Martin wrote in the margins of one of the manuscripts(NOT Benjen) but that hardly prevents him from being Benjen.

That's one reason. The Children have also stated that he was killed "long ago" which implies he's been dead for decades not just a year or two. I'm also not sure from Martin's perspective what the point of lying about it would be, especially since as far as I know the manuscript in question was never supposed to be seen by anyone other than his editor.

I guess it's not impossible that Martin was fucking around though.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question about R+L=J. Why isn't J blonde?

I'm sure there's an easy explanation, but that has been bothering me.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question about R+L=J. Why isn't J blonde?

I'm sure there's an easy explanation, but that has been bothering me.

I think I've read that the signature Targaryen whitish blonde hair was kept from years of inbreeding. They're descendants of ancient Valaryians and the gene is recessive so mixing outside of that race would cause the features to disappear

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actress Hannah Waddingham (Septa Unella) is a damn fine looking woman:

Septa-Unella-in-Game-of-Thronessepta-unella.jpg

ohUPmUQ.png

71377-0.jpg

septa-unella-shame-nun-hannah-waddingham-10.jpg

Game-of-Thrones-game-of-thrones-38311117-500-500.png

hannah_waddingham_2094652.jpg

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is going to make a mightly happy Zombie Mountain who will be raping the hell out of her for years to come

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusting this perfectly good thread off...I'm a huge fan. Read all the books between the last two seasons. I watch the Emergency Awesome and Alt Shift X vlogs and follow the WOTW website. So to you fellow fans, who is your favorite character, whose death gave you the most pleasure and what was your favorite episode last season?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusting this perfectly good thread off...I'm a huge fan. Read all the books between the last two seasons. I watch the Emergency Awesome and Alt Shift X vlogs and follow the WOTW website. So to you fellow fans, who is your favorite character, whose death gave you the most pleasure and what was your favorite episode last season?

Arya is my favorite, Tyrion a close second. Death? Both the pigeon pie and dogfood deaths were pretty satisfying.

Dunno about my 'favorite' episode, but I thought the battle scene they pulled off was the best period battle scene I'd ever seen. Pretty amazing for a TV show.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite character is tough to answer because there are so many of them that I like for different reasons. It would probably change from day to day for me. As far as long time characters go that are still alive, I'll go with Jamie.

I don't think this is quite what is being asked, but I'll say my favorite death scene is a tie between Viserys and Oberyn. I found both characters to be very entertaining so I was sad to see them go but the death scenes themselves were pretty epic.

Favorite episode from last season? Probably "The Door" one or the season finale.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite character is Ser Davos. I really like Arya as well, especially in the books.

Favorite death...still definitely Joffrey...I cheered when that douche bit it. I hated that guy so bad, if I saw Jack Gleeson walking down the street, I'd punch him in the face.

Last season favorite, definitely the finale. I could listen to the finale theme for hours.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Tomin's death, just because it was so quick and so unexpected. Once I saw the window, I knew where they were going, but I was still shocked they did it.

Oberon, Joffrey, Ned, Hodor, Rob, Caitlin, Tywin were all strong as well.

As for character, it has to be Tyrian, and it isn't really close.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite character is Tyrion.
Jamie is also up there and so is Jon.

Satisfying death would have to be Joffrey. Tommen's death was surprising considering I didn't expect it when it happened, but then could see that it definitely made sense. Oberyns death was something I was looking forward to due to the hype leading up to it.

Considering every episode last season was something to look forward to, I loved them all. Hold the door, battle of the bastards, and the finale being the ones you'll remember more than the others.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite character is Jon Snow, but that's only because he killed Olly. Best death was also Olly. Stupid-ass name for a stupid-ass character.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the books several times over and also a big fan of the show.

As someone mentioned, favorite character is difficult to answer because I have so many. If I had to choose just 1 it would be Tyrion with Jon a close 2nd.

The Red Wedding is probably my "favorite" death scene. When I first read it, I read a few more chapters just to be sure what happened really happened, then i threw the book across the room in disgust. I thoroughly enjoyed all the non-readers' reactions to the way the show portrayed it.

Though the Battle of the Bastards & the Winds of Winter (particularly that opening sequence) were both incredible, The Door was my favorite episode. I have no doubt "hold the door" will be canon, its just too perfect and gut-wrenching.