• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is dragon glass in Valerian steel? Didn't Jon Snow dust off one of those 2nd in command white walkers with a Valerian steel made sword?

No, dragon glass is obsidian.

Valyrian Steel seems to work against white walkers because its supposedly got magical properties...possibly forged by dragon fire. Sometimes called dragon steel.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Valyrian Steel seems to work against white walkers because its supposedly got magical properties...possibly forged by dragon fire. Sometimes called dragon steel.
So....does dragon fire work?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the season having some time to set in with me (especially the final episode) I gotta say it feels a little rushed and forced. Like they went on a mission to tie up all the "revenge plot lines" fans have been waiting for. Arya pops up and kills Frey, John/Sansa get the bastard back, and queenie wipes out the entire board set against her. All in a couple episodes. They probably needed to do it that way (think of teh moonay!) and maybe it's the best they could do but yea. Just feels rushed.

I've stopped thinking too much about the last two seasons. The more you get into it, the more you start wondering what the writers were even thinking with a lot of it. The best explanation for a good portion of it is, as you said, they want to tie everything up so they can get to the end game faster. The good news is the next couple seasons are just going to be dragons and zombies and shit so the poor writing can be masked by the cool effects and great battle sequences.

The show runners don't have the luxury to have meandering plotlines like GRRM does, and since he is so slow with getting his latest book out, they don't have much choice but to pull things together as best they can. They've been in congress with GRRM about the ending, so there's a good chance the 2 come to a similar conclusion.

I'm more than happy with how things have gone down with the show this past season. Thought there were some really great episodes.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....does dragon fire work?

Good possibility of that. Don't think its ever been tried since the original Long Night far pre-dates the arrival of dragons to westeros.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're rushing to tie up loose ends because there are only X number of episodes left, why are there only X number of episodes left?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show runners don't have the luxury to have meandering plotlines like GRRM does, and since he is so slow with getting his latest book out, they don't have much choice but to pull things together as best they can. They've been in congress with GRRM about the ending, so there's a good chance the 2 come to a similar conclusion.

I'm more than happy with how things have gone down with the show this past season. Thought there were some really great episodes.

From a perspective of production and directing I have no complaints. Everything looks fantastic. It's just the writing I have an issue with, and it's not all at THAT they're condensing stuff as much as it is HOW they're going about it. IMO the show has just not been the same since the end of season 4 with the major exceptions being "Hardhome" (which I thought was excellent in every aspect) and the "Hold The Door" which was also very good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I'm not complaining, I'm just complaining. I figure it was as good as it could be. Doesn't change the fact that even if it was the best option it feels a little off to a reader (recovering former reader anyway).

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're rushing to tie up loose ends because there are only X number of episodes left, why are there only X number of episodes left?
Winner-winner-chicken-dinner

A lot of their problems are the insanely shortened seasons and the intent to end it in the allotted frame.

Silliness I tell you. Silliness!

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love GoT but the way it's being written it can't last forever. Looks like only 13 episodes left over 2 seasons and next season looks like it's gonna start late.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL season at 16 games feels too rushed! It should be 32 games...

Oh, you misunderstood. I don't want GoT to last longer. I'd just assume the series finale would be this Sunday. I'm tired of watching episodes and wondering why I don't like them.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, though there's likely not many episodes left, they will be action packed.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, Interesting.

Far as the rushed plot-lines. I haven't read the books so I'm not tied down to any preconceived plots of what should or shouldn't be. The only one I thought was rushed somewhat was the High Sparrow plot-line. Up till the last episode he was playing chess while Cersi and grandma were playing checkers. He picked a bad time to get complacent or stupid. My only real regret about it though was the queen getting blowed up by dragon fire. She was true player for real.

My only regret about the Ramsey plot-line was that he wasn't skinned before he was fed to the dogs. He needed more torturing before death.

I was good with Arya giving Frey's old smelly ass a Chicago necktie. I wonder how/when Arya and The Hound hook back up.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Interesting.

Far as the rushed plot-lines. I haven't read the books so I'm not tied down to any preconceived plots of what should or shouldn't be. The only one I thought was rushed somewhat was the High Sparrow plot-line. Up till the last episode he was playing chess while Cersi and grandma were playing checkers. He picked a bad time to get complacent or stupid. My only real regret about it though was the queen getting blowed up by dragon fire. She was true player for real.

My only regret about the Ramsey plot-line was that he wasn't skinned before he was fed to the dogs. He needed more torturing before death.

I was good with Arya giving Frey's old smelly ass a Chicago necktie. I wonder how/when Arya and The Hound hook back up.

I'm hoping soon. They were a fun duo.