• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully to the point where it HAS to Dany winning the South and Jon leading the fight in the north. If either die, I am OK, but the story has to be about something, otherwise, it is pointless.

This is the story of how Jon saves Westeros from the Walkers and Dany saves Westeros from themselves. Anything else and the show is really just a soap opera.
Can't say I disagree. Going to be hell waiting for the new season. Going to start from the beginning and watch it again.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm with the theory that Jon is the overall winner considering that he IS the Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryen). His birth is the reason for all of the events that have unfolded in the series and has no wishes for the Iron Throne, only to save the people.

Now Dany has more of the traits told in the AA prophecy thus far, especially with dragons being a heck of a weapon, and could very well be the one left standing at the end. I could also see the Song of Ice and Fire being that of Jon and Dany, but Jon is both on his own.

If Rhaegar did end up marrying Lyanna in secret, taking a second wife or somehow divorcing his first wife prior, then Jon is the rightful heir to the thrown above Dany.

No matter what, this was a heck of a season and I can't wait for the start of the next. Of course, I'd love to read Winds of Winter before hand, but we all know that could still be a long ways from being published.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm with the theory that Jon is the overall winner considering that he IS the Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryen). His birth is the reason for all of the events that have unfolded in the series and has no wishes for the Iron Throne, only to save the people.

Now Dany has more of the traits told in the AA prophecy thus far, especially with dragons being a heck of a weapon, and could very well be the one left standing at the end. I could also see the Song of Ice and Fire being that of Jon and Dany, but Jon is both on his own.

If Rhaegar did end up marrying Lyanna in secret, taking a second wife or somehow divorcing his first wife prior, then Jon is the rightful heir to the thrown above Dany.

No matter what, this was a heck of a season and I can't wait for the start of the next. Of course, I'd love to read Winds of Winter before hand, but we all know that could still be a long ways from being published.
Will Dany shouldn't have any problem conquering Westoros it seems. The big enemy is the white walkers, Jon can't win that by himself, so seeing him join up with Dany to defeat them seems like a logical conclusion.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatch end 3.9 and 3.10 last night with my bro (he is binging his first time through). There were two scenes that specifically jumped out at me...

1) Lady Tyrell is telling Margery how much she hates the Lannisters and how Rheagar left her daughter to marry some skank.

2) Bran tells Hordor, Merree, and Jojen about some ancient story about how some animal (wolf??) was punished by the gods because he ate his sons in a pie. But the story had actually been changed over the years, and he was actually punished because he killed guests in his house, and part of the punishment was eating his sons in a pie.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since fire is one thing that can kill white walkers, it seems likely that the caches of wildfire ( by the mad king) and the dragons will be what finally defeats the white walkers, Just my :2cents:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since fire is one thing that can kill white walkers, it seems likely that the caches of wildfire ( by the mad king) and the dragons will be what finally defeats the white walkers, Just my :2cents:

Fire kills the wights/minions created by the White Walkers, but as far as we've seen, not the White Walkers. The White Walkers can make flames diminish and/or bend away from them:

white-waker-fire.gif

tumblr_inline_o5hbv7UxxL1t0ijhl_500.gif

white-walkers-fire.gif

So..... the dragons and Wildfire will probably be able to take out the majority of the undead army troops (wights), but the White Walkers will need to be hit with either Dragonglass (obsidian) and/or Valyrian Steel weapons, as far as I understand.

Plus.... how many dragons will be remaining come the war vs the undead army? I have a feeling that Euron Greyjoy's navy is gonna take out one of the smaller dragons.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire kills the wights/minions created by the White Walkers, but as far as we've seen, not the White Walkers. The White Walkers can make flames diminish and/or bend away from them:

View attachment 133901

View attachment 133902

View attachment 133903

So..... the dragons and Wildfire will be able to take out the majority of the undead army troops (wights), but the White Walkers will need to be hit with either Dragonglass (obsidian) and/or Valyrian Steel weapons, as far as I understand.

Plus.... how many dragons will be remaining come the war vs the undead army? I have a feeling that Euron Greyjoy's navy is gonna take out one of the smaller dragons.

Yeah, so far Dragonglass is the only thing that's been shown to kill Walkers. That's pretty much Sam's storyline purpose now; he's off trying to see if he can learn some ancient tricks at that badass library

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I don't know exactly if or how Sansa has plans for the Vale troops. I think she understands that she could easily manipulate Robbin just like LF does. A newly 'eyes wide open' Sansa could even marry Robbin, and she'd be wearing the pants, and controlling the best equipped and least exhausted fighting force in Westeros. Or maybe she's gone even further to the darkside, and wants to get rid of Jon now?

Aren't Robbin and Sansa blood kinfolk?

She hasn't went yet, but Little Finger is easing Sansar in that direction of betraying Jon Snow. Or at least he's trying to. I think the big thing in that subplot is. Will Sansa betray John Snow or okee doke Little Finger? Right now I'm leaning towards okee dokin Little Finger.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so far Dragonglass is the only thing that's been shown to kill Walkers. That's pretty much Sam's storyline purpose now; he's off trying to see if he can learn some ancient tricks at that badass library

Is dragon glass in Valerian steel? Didn't Jon Snow dust off one of those 2nd in command white walkers with a Valerian steel made sword?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't Robbin and Sansa blood kinfolk?

They'd be cousins, but I don't think that's such a big obstacle if memory serves.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is dragon glass in Valerian steel? Didn't Jon Snow dust off one of those 2nd in command white walkers with a Valerian steel made sword?

Oh, and how's life Breed? Still doing the train thing?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be cousins, but I don't think that's such a big obstacle if memory serves.

Yup. As messed up as Planetos is, banging your cousin is barely even considered ince$t. It's all relative I suppose (I swear no pun intended.). Even Tywin's wife was his first cousin.

Were Sansa and Robin briefly engaged during season 4 before Lysa died? I know they were in the books but can't recall if they were on the show.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK. I'm not sure either. I was just going off what went down recently in Westoros. Different kingdoms/places seem to hold different thing in or out of favor.

Life is good, homey. I think I've finally adjusted to my mother living with me and her to me. It was funky like penicillin for minute though when she first moved in.

Its been a minute since the train thing. How's your daughter doing? Well, I hope. How old is she now?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I'm not sure either. I was just going off what went down recently in Westoros. Different kingdoms/places seem to hold different thing in or out of favor.

Life is good, homey. I think I've finally adjusted to my mother living with me and her to me. It was funky like penicillin for minute though when she first moved in.

Its been a minute since the train thing. How's your daughter doing? Well, I hope. How old is she now?

Heh holy heck, some synchronicity going on then. My mother has been living with me for going on 3 years now, still don't have her pension situation sorted out, so it's been funky on my end continually. My daughter is 16, and the light of my life, but still a 16 year old trying to decide who she is.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh holy heck, some synchronicity going on then. My mother has been living with me for going on 3 years now, still don't have her pension situation sorted out, so it's been funky on my end continually. My daughter is 16, and the light of my life, but still a 16 year old trying to decide who she is.

Heh @ the synchronicity. Old people can be a trip eh. I like having her around and when her friends come by to visit. I've been trying to talk into getting high with me. No such luck yet and here's to hoping your mom's pension situation gets worked out. Funny how that shit works as well. If you owe the Gov't. They are on top of shit, crossing every t and dotting every i. If they owe you though it can be like dealing with Beavis n Butthead on an acid trip.

16 eh. That can be an interesting age. Just be there for her homey.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh @ the synchronicity. Old people can be a trip eh. I like having her around and when her friends come by to visit. I've been trying to talk into getting high with me. No such luck yet and here's to hoping your mom's pension situation gets worked out. Funny how that shit works as well. If you owe the Gov't. They are on top of shit, crossing every t and dotting every i. If they owe you though it can be like dealing with Beavis n Butthead on an acid trip.

16 eh. That can be an interesting age. Just be there for her homey.

Ball is at least rolling. On the plus side, when she finally does get her money, it'll be a sizable amount, they owe her for going on 9 years of payout. (which is why they're stalling)

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 7 will be delayed.

Your Wait for New Game of Thrones Just Got Longer

WINTER IS HERE.

The delay makes sense.... the warm weather scenes will be minimal as production is gonna require a lot of snowy weather conditions which will push much filming to January and possibly even February. Previous seasons have wrapped their 6-7 months of filming approx. the second week of December.
And approx. 4 months of post production editing & effects have been required in previous seasons.

So.... perhaps June or July for the premiere of Season 7???

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the season having some time to set in with me (especially the final episode) I gotta say it feels a little rushed and forced. Like they went on a mission to tie up all the "revenge plot lines" fans have been waiting for. Arya pops up and kills Frey, John/Sansa get the bastard back, and queenie wipes out the entire board set against her. All in a couple episodes. They probably needed to do it that way (think of teh moonay!) and maybe it's the best they could do but yea. Just feels rushed.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the season having some time to set in with me (especially the final episode) I gotta say it feels a little rushed and forced. Like they went on a mission to tie up all the "revenge plot lines" fans have been waiting for. Arya pops up and kills Frey, John/Sansa get the bastard back, and queenie wipes out the entire board set against her. All in a couple episodes. They probably needed to do it that way (think of teh moonay!) and maybe it's the best they could do but yea. Just feels rushed.

I've stopped thinking too much about the last two seasons. The more you get into it, the more you start wondering what the writers were even thinking with a lot of it. The best explanation for a good portion of it is, as you said, they want to tie everything up so they can get to the end game faster. The good news is the next couple seasons are just going to be dragons and zombies and shit so the poor writing can be masked by the cool effects and great battle sequences.