• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scene with Cersei and Kings Landing reminded me a lot of the end of the Godfather and Michael's revenge on the other families. Almost the same type of music too.

I thought the same thing. Mass Godfather whack job.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scene with Cersei and Kings Landing reminded me a lot of the end of the Godfather and Michael's revenge on the other families. Almost the same type of music too.

Last nights central theme was "vengeance", for sure. All major events involved that.

It did have that "all family scores get settled today" feel like the godfather, although cersi has wiped out so much of the Lannister power base in the process, well...that's were it's different. Besides the mountain and Jaimie, who is left for her?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon's inability to inspire anyone through speech has been comical this season. Tormund convinced the wildlings to come fight for him. Lady Mormont had to be convinced by Davos. The rest remained unconvinced until Lady Mormont stood up for him. He's an uncomfortable leader, and maybe that's a good thing. All the confident leaders thus far have been a disaster.

Well, Tommen wasn't exactly confident or comfortable in his reign and his reign was shit as well. As for Jon, maybe his leadership qualities were what was taken from him when he came back to life since everyone brought back loses a piece of themselves. Probably way off on that part though. :noidea:

If I had to guess, Bran was dropped off not far from the castle black gates, so Meera can probably lug him far enough for the Nights watch to see them coming and let them in. They will send a raven ASAP to Jon in Winterfell to let them know about his arrival. HOWEVER, Bran still has the Night's King's mark on him, so if he passes beyond the wall, that may break the magic seal that Benjen talked about...allowing the army of the dead to pass south.

I'm not sure where Arya is heading. I can't remember who all is left on her list. Cersei, so she could be headed south...but so is Thoros (red priest in the Brotherhood) and Melisandre I think. Hoping we get an Arya/Hound reunion.

I bet Sam finds out some ancient info at the Citadel and somehow gets caught up in Euron's rampage as he heads south with his newly built fleet.

Finally, Jon and Sansa. No doubt Jon wants to stay in the north. Littlefinger wants to head south because he's telegraphed his intentions to take the Iron Throne. He's actively trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Jon...uncharacteristic of him since his plans have been pretty secret up till now and this is just terribly telegraphed. Maybe he feels emboldened now that he has an army, but I think Sansa ends up turning on him and getting him (LF) killed. She doesn't trust him, the lords of the vale don't trust him, and Jon certainly doesn't.

The wait is going to drive me insane.

I wonder if Meera cut off the arm with the marking and dropped it before the entrance before heading towards Winterfell if the WW could still make it through?

I'd like to see an Arya/Hound reunion as well. Would also like to see Brienne meet up with the Hound at Winterfell and then Tormund gets jealous and defends her.

The Sam stuff to me just felt like filler this whole season. They definitely could've written him out like Bran was last season and the show wouldn't have suffered one bit. I have a feeling though that while he's there, he'll find some other way to wipe out the white walkers since dragon glass is hard to come by and Valyrian steel swords aren't found often either.

I think that Littlefinger will always have the backing of the vale because he has Robin wrapped around his finger. I think Sansa sees right through Littlefinger and is just playing along and when he least suspects it, will kill him, blaming him for betraying Ned.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights central theme was "vengeance", for sure. All major events involved that.

It did have that "all family scores get settled today" feel like the godfather, although cersi has wiped out so much of the Lannister power base in the process, well...that's were it's different. Besides the mountain and Jaimie, who is left for her?
Maester Qyburn

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Cersi blew up that hall, I had an thought. Remember a few seasons ago, when Dany has the vision that she's in Kings Landing and the royal meeting hall / throne room all is burned down.

Everyone thought she was experincing some future vision of what her Dragons were going to do Kings Landing, but did Cersi beat her to the punch?

That Dany will arrive and that place had already been demolished?

Maybe I'm not remembering all that correctly.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Cersi blew up that hall, I had an thought. Remember a few seasons ago, when Dany has the vision that she's in Kings Landing and the royal meeting hall / throne room all is burned down.

Everyone thought she was experincing some future vision of what her Dragons were going to do Kings Landing, but did Cersi beat her to the punch?

Well she ended up taking out a lot of people to end one problem already. She might just blow the rest up when Dany's boats arrive if she doesn't feel she has enough to defend it properly. I'm fine with that if she blows herself up in the process.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought about that as well. Could well happen. Dany finally gets to her destination and its destroyed.

Also, it's gotta be strange for Jaime right now. He killed the Mad King for doing exactly what Cersei ended up doing.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she ended up taking out a lot of people to end one problem already. She might just blow the rest up when Dany's boats arrive if she doesn't feel she has enough to defend it properly. I'm fine with that if she blows herself up in the process.

I really want Tyrion to take her out. He's earned it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Tyrion to take her out. He's earned it.
She's ruthless enough to arrange a surrender meeting with all of them and try to kill Tyrion, Dany, and everyone else with them as well as herself. Can't put anything past her.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that as well. Could well happen. Dany finally gets to her destination and its destroyed.

Also, it's gotta be strange for Jaime right now. He killed the Mad King for doing exactly what Cersei ended up doing.

That's a good point. He didn't look happy about seeing her inherit the throne. He is certainly going to have even more of an inner struggle going on. Will be interesting to see a Jaime-Tyrion reunion given that turn of events.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As he walked in on her coronation, I did not read his look as one of support. I saw it as one of concern, and almost disgust.

He has lost all his kids under her "care". He cant be too pleased.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. He didn't look happy about seeing her inherit the throne. He is certainly going to have even more of an inner struggle going on. Will be interesting to see a Jaime-Tyrion reunion given that turn of events.
I figured his look was more about the loss of their last kid. He had to have found out what happened and knows that she got his last son killed in her move.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured his look was more about the loss of their last kid. He had to have found out what happened and knows that she got his last son killed in her move.

I agree, I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive though. She is the ruler now and her ruthlessness actions that led to the death of their last kid is what got her to that point.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did dorne provide ships too?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did dorne provide ships too?
I have been wondering this as well.

The fleet has approx 100 ships from the Iron Isles and a few hundred ships from the slavers (??). Maybe the scene we saw was after they stopped in Dorne to pick up Verys and the Snakes and Tyrells added their forces to the fleet?

If they stopped in Dorne, why not disembark there and conduct a land-invasion? The Unsullied and Dothraki would be worthless on ships.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Varys left Tyrion, he said something on the lines of, "You'll know how well it goes by if I return or not." Therefore, I think Varys oversaw the alliance between the sand snakes and Tyrells, and then went back to Mereen in time to set sail with Dany and the army. The scenes on the ships seemed like it was the first time the Dothraki were on them, as the cameras made it a point to show their horses in the hold.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was eating the first piece when she walked up to him. That's why the pastry thingy already had a slice missing. That's also taken from the books, but changed significantly to fit the show. There's like a huge back story about it though, it doesn't just kinda come out of nowhere like Arya did it. From a common sense standpoint you're right, it really doesn't make a bit of sense the way they did it on the show. But for pure shock value it definitely delivered.

I didn't notice him eating anything beforehand, but the quality of the video I watched wasn't great so I'll take your word for it.

I would have just had Walder bite into the pie after she said "they are here" and then pull a big bone out of his mouth. Which brings up another point: If he already had eaten a piece he must have had to sift through a bunch of bones and shit and wondered what was up with his food.

Really there was a lot of over the top stuff going on that didn't make sense. Most of if ended up being pretty funny though so whatever.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they weren't really IN the pie at all.

But hey, what fun would that be?

Pan up from the pie, with a piece already cut out of it, as Walder spoons a piece into his mouth....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to see a scene next year with Lady Mormont and Olenna Tyrell trading barbs.

The sheer awesomeness of that scene would melt the TV set.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they weren't really IN the pie at all.

But hey, what fun would that be?

Pan up from the pie, with a piece already cut out of it, as Walder spoons a piece into his mouth....

Interesting. Didn't look like the same meal upon the first viewing, but like I said the stream I watched was not great quality. So presumably Arya entrusted someone else to deliver the first piece. Then she waited while Walder ate a pie filled with fingers and I guess just assumed he wouldn't care? I don't know, still a really over-elaborate scheme.

I think the original idea was to have Arya send a raven to Walder warning him that someone was trying to get a pony to bite his dick off. Then Walder would send his two sons to find the pony and kill it. Only the pony would be on some old crazy redneck's land and the redneck would shoot the two Frey sons. Then Arya simply collects the bodies, bakes the pie, and serves it to Walder. And of course right before Walder dies Radiohead shows up and makes fun of him. That would have taken a bit too long though so I get when they made the choice they did.