• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda what I was thinking, but he is a bastard and he was son of 3 kings back. I can't imagine his claim would be strong enough.

I believe there is precedent of bastards inheriting lands and maybe even crowns in Westeros. I don't think it was ever mentioned on the show but I'm pretty sure it was in the books.

Not sure how many supporters he would have though and it might be difficult to actually prove he is Robert's bastard or any relation to him at all.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timeline was all over the place there but it was for the sake of crunching more stuff into the finale so whatever.

What was the point of the Arya pulling a Scott Tenorman? You go to all this trouble sneaking in, killing two grown noble men in their father's house without anybody seeing, sneaking the bodies off somewhere, spending hours with the bone saw cutting them into pieces small enough to put in a pie, spending more time learning how to bake a pie in the first place, somehow making your way to the kitchen and actually cooking the pie without anybody wondering who you are and how you got there, and then finally getting Walder Frey alone. You do ALL THAT, and then you don't even let him eat a piece of the pie before you spoil it?

I would have just shit in the pie (and of course watched him eat some) before killing him. Much easier

Tommen jumping out the window was hilarious. Perfect scene right there.

Overall liked this episode more than 9, but damn how do you one-up this? Oh that's right, probably with Dragons and Ice Zombies fucking shit up.

Yup. With 7 episode seasons, and a smaller cast (seriously, look how much money they saved by blowing up the Sept of Balor. A huge portion of their supporting cast, and two major cast members). All that money is going to dragon, White Walker and battle CGI.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

That was my EXACT thought during that final scene. And he didn't even have to be there, so why include him? My only thought is that his reveal in Dorne had to be a last-minute add.

Well, the more ships the merrier for Dany. I don't think she's gonna land in Dorne anymore since it looks like she has their entire army with her. She'll either land at Storms End, like Aegon, or just go straight for Kings Landing. Which will be pretty epic when Cersei looks out her window.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm glad Euron didn't show up. Now he possibly follow his book arc a bit and become badass.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was so awesome. She was basically saying everything all of us wanted to say to their face.

I can imagine that alliance will be looser than a "bad pussy". The only thing holding it together will be their hate for the Lannisters. Great work by Varys bringing those houses together in the name of Queen Daenerys, but I can't see it going smoothly. There'll definitely be some interesting dynamics there, especially if all characters are still around when Daenerys and co. arrive.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still stand by my prediction that Dany becomes the ultimate villain of the show
She becomes ever closer to being the next mad king.

She seems far more interested in being a Conqueror than a liberator as she progresses.

Her cold and self-admitted emotionless dismissal of Daario one week after comtemplating burning all the Slaver cities to ashes along with millions of innocents is mad King territory.

The honest heartfelt allegiance of Tyrion sets him up to be a new version of the Kingslayer because he is the only one likely to ever get close to her again.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still stand by my prediction that Dany becomes the ultimate villain of the show
She becomes ever closer to being the next mad king.

She seems far more interested in being a Conqueror than a liberator as she progresses.

Her cold and self-admitted emotionless dismissal of Daario one week after comtemplating burning all the Slaver cities to ashes along with millions of innocents is mad King territory.

The honest heartfelt allegiance of Tyrion sets him up to be a new version of the Kingslayer because he is the only one likely to ever get close to her again.

I think she'll take things kinda far for a bit, but once she realizes the White Walker threat, she'll come around. Also, she's definitely marrying Jon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she'll take things kinda far for a bit, but once she realizes the White Walker threat, she'll come around. Also, she's definitely marrying Jon.
I think they gotta marry Jon to Lady Mortmont. Dat bitch is bad-ass.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teleportation of characters is one of those minor things that doesn't bother me

So what if actually takes 2 months to travel ....... I don't need to see JRR Tolkien spending 300 pages discussing all the flora and fauna of another endless fucking walk through the wilderness of Middle Earth.

I like the rapid teleportation and condensed acceleration of plotlines better.

The show rewards its fans. It stopped creating new stories and started ending loose ends.
They realized that they are running out of time, so its killing time. Just wrap up and kill off every split end.

Who cares if it takes a little bit of the realism away. It is a fantasy fucking world so who cares anyways.

It was amazing 10/10.

It shows the you can do it. Shows like LOST don't need to end with countless unfinished stories.
Fans would rather accept teleportation and unrealistic plot holes then leaving them all wide open and unfinished.

Well Done GOT, maybe the best season finale ever.

I agree, I have the books for that. This season went full-Hollywood and it was one of the best seasons of the show.

Some people just can't separate the books and the show. And that's totally fine, enjoy it how you will. I feel lucky that I can separate the two and enjoy both.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question I doubt will ever be answered: Has Bronn used any of the tips that Podrick told him about?

I can't see Cersei lasting too long with all of the enemies she's made: The Northerners hate her guts (but are more worried about the White Walkers to care about her), what's left of House Tyrell hates her guts, Dorne is trying to take her out and Dany wants the Iron Throne and coming for her. Jamie is probably also likely to abandon her since it won't take him long to figure out what happened. Her only allies would've been both the Bolton's and the Frey's, which are both wiped out at this point. Only people left she can trust are Qyburn and The Mountain.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they gotta marry Jon to Lady Mortmont. Dat bitch is bad-ass.

With the way Podrick handles the ladies, he'd be a better fit. She'd get bored of Jon rather easily.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question I doubt will ever be answered: Has Bronn used any of the tips that Podrick told him about?

I can't see Cersei lasting too long with all of the enemies she's made: The Northerners hate her guts (but are more worried about the White Walkers to care about her), what's left of House Tyrell hates her guts, Dorne is trying to take her out and Dany wants the Iron Throne and coming for her. Jamie is probably also likely to abandon her since it won't take him long to figure out what happened. Her only allies would've been both the Bolton's and the Frey's, which are both wiped out at this point. Only people left she can trust are Qyburn and The Mountain.

Well, the Bolton's openly betrayed the Lannisters and if shit didn't go down probably would have been attacked. And the Freys proved they are pretty much useless and are now wiped out too. So they were short on allies to begin with.

She's feeling good right now, but she'll quickly realize she's cornered.

I think she mostly just has to worry about Dany. The North ain't going anywhere. It's going to be like the old ways with them now where they rule themselves from Winterfell. Dany is obviously a huge worry though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Bolton's openly betrayed the Lannisters and if shit didn't go down probably would have been attacked. And the Freys proved they are pretty much useless and are now wiped out too.

She's feeling good right now, but she'll quickly realize she's cornered.

I think she mostly just has to worry about Dany. The North ain't going anywhere. It's going to be like the old ways with them now where they rule themselves from Winterfell. Dany is obviously a huge worry though.

Agree about the North not being a threat, since they're more focused on the White Walkers now. I think though that Cersei alienating the Tyrell's and Dorne still pissed and both allying with Dany, she's going to be SOL. Because don't the Tyrell's have a decent sized army as well?

I think that a scene with someone trying to throw wildfire at Dany and her walking through it would be great just for the "oh shit" reactions alone.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent episode! I do think they are setting up a Sansa betrayal. "We need to trust each other" and the stare shared between Little Finger and her during the King of the North chant.
Excited to see winter FINALLY come. "Father always promised didn't he?" :pound:.... was hoping to see some White Walkers though.

Really, out of everyone, I wonder what is in store for Bran next. I think with almost everyone else, the path is somewhat obvious. Arya is heading North to Winterfell to reunite with Jon and Sansa. I would bet that she crosses paths with the Red Women and perhaps Brienne on the way. Dany will probably have a breif run in with Euron and then have her sights on Kings Landing making a few pit stops on the way. Cersie is going go on a reign terror that will put the mad king to shame, you could see the fear in Jamie's eyes. Touched on Sansa already but I also think the North also isn't far away from having their hands full with the Nights King, since winter is here. Just not certain where Bran goes from here? I will have to go back and listen, I'm not clear on where he was dropped off. I also am not sure how he gets anywhere at this point with only Meera to drag him around. Maybe with this newfound info, he will head to Castle Black as an attempt to relay the info to John?

Also, not really sure what Sam does from here or where the Brotherhood without Banners story line will go along with the Hound. I guess I can see Sam getting his hands on some information vital to beating the White Walkers, perhaps a way to re-build the wall if it gets brought down or some other key piece of ancient history. Maybe the Cleganebwl happens when Cersie's wrath goes head-to-head with the BWOB. Excited for next season...only 42 weeks left to wait...

9122558.gif

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent episode! I do think they are setting up a Sansa betrayal. "We need to trust each other" and the stare shared between Little Finger and her during the King of the North chant.
Excited to see winter FINALLY come. "Father always promised didn't he?" :pound:.... was hoping to see some White Walkers though.

Really, out of everyone, I wonder what is in store for Bran next. I think with almost everyone the path is somewhat obvious. Arya is heading North to Winterfell to reunite with Jon and Sansa. I would bet that she crosses paths with the Red Women and perhaps Brienne on the way. Dany will probably have a breif run in with Euron and then have her sights on Kings Landing making a few pit stops on the way. Cersie is going go on a reign terror that will put the mad king to shame, you could see the fear in Jamie's eyes. Touched on Sansa already but I also think the North also isn't far away from having their hands full with the Nights King, since winter is here. Just not certain where Bran goes from here? I will have to go back and listen, I'm not clear on where he was dropped off. I also am not sure how he gets anywhere at this point with only Meera to drag him around. Maybe with this newfound info, he will head to Castle Black as an attempt to relay the info to John?

Also, not really sure what Sam does from here or where the Brotherhood without Banners story line will go along with the Hound. I guess I can see Sam getting his hands on some information vital to beating the White Walkers, perhaps a way to re-build the wall if it gets brought down or some other key piece of ancient history. Maybe the Cleganebwl happens when Cersie's wrath goes head-to-head with the BWOB. Excited for next season...only 42 weeks left to wait...

View attachment 131591

Bran was dropped off pretty much at the Wall, which is why Benjen couldn't go any further with them. My guess is that he will head towards Winterfell. Ed will likely give them a couple men and some horses so Meera doesn't have to drag him the whole way.

I was thinking Melissandre would run into the Bortherhood Without Banners, but also thinking each of those parties could run into Arya. And yeah Brienne and Pod were last seen in the Riverlands too and likely making their way back North. Brienne and Pod seem to have misplaced their teleporter that the rest of the characters have.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like searching/scanning through past episodes because I can't recall which are the episodes where Arya recites her kill list...... so.....

......Question for you folks with good memory.... does anybody remember who still remains on Arya's kill list other than Cersei and the Hound?

I'm sure Arya believes the Hound is dead, and even if she finds out he is still alive, I have a feeling she will not kill him. Cersei will be very tough to for Arya to get to; assassinating Cersei might be a one-way/suicide mission for Arya.

Will we ever have a Clegane Bowl? Perhaps that will tie into Arya being able to take-out Cersei.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it's not. The whole speech about leaving the world a better place? She's leaving Darrio behind to make sure that Merreen doesn't revert to slavery.

I mean c'mon, we have in the same episode a female character who actually DOES burn a large chunk of a city to the ground.

And again, how does Westeros beat the ice zombies without the dragons? Answer: they don't.