• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just finished listening to the best theory I've heard yet on why Sansa didn't tell Jon about the Vale army.

According to the dialogue in EP #9, Ramsay had a 2 to 1 numerical advantage. So he meets Jon and his Northern scraps and wildlings out on the field of battle.

If scouts report back that there's suddenly an extra few thousand calvary and heavily armored foot troops, then Bolton retreats back into Winterfell, raises the portcullis, prepares the trebuchets, and lights Wun-wun on fire as soon as he lumbers too close to the walls. It takes months minimum for Jon to lay a seige, with winter coming on and few supplies. Jon loses.

So, Sansa hatches her plan, even hinting to Jon that there's no way that Bolton is going to let Rickon live. Bolton sees the numerical superiority intact, and comes out to play his longbow games with Rickon.

As soon as the armies are fully engaged, LF and the Vale ride for the battle and sweep up the reserve and what's left of the Boltons and Umbers.

Sacrificing the dead Northmen and wildlings to ensure victory over Bolton and getting her revenge. Cold-blooded, and effective, Sansa plays the winning hand. Not to marry LF, or to screw stuff up, but to achieve victory the only way they could, by complete surprise. Nobody could give it away, because nobody knew except her.

She's now a player in her own right.
I ain't buying it.

This is the same girl who thought Arya was getting bruises from her dancing lessons because she was so clumsy.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about piercing a knights armor. Cosplay isn't my thing to be honest. But I know a good bit about bows and their capabilities. A zig-zag pattern ran at the distances shown would have been very effective. Ramsey would have had to lead the target and that is assuming the target was following a pattern. At the very least it would be a very difficult shot instead of fish in a barrel.

But. Have I mentioned yet that I don't really give a shit? It was a quick observation.

British Longbows were quite effective against a knights armor. But as far as hitting a specific target?

We are talking about TV and movies here.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't buying it.

This is the same girl who thought Arya was getting bruises from her dancing lessons because she was so clumsy.

Yeah, when she was still a princess, and hadn't been sold off and raped n'such. Details, details.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with this except for the fact she claimed she new nothing of war and battle planning to Jon. That's not to say that Baelish and Co. had knights and lords that understand war. In fact, the Lord that was training Sansa's cousin, wasn't he spared by Baelish because he was a great general and his skills would be needed for the wars ahead?

The other thing I found interesting is that the battle that Jon's step brother perpetrated against the Lannister Army did some of the same shenanigans. Didn't Robb sacrifice a few thousand men as a diversion to take apart Jaime's Army and capture him. From the mind of GRRM.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when she was still a princess, and hadn't been sold off and raped n'such. Details, details.
That doesn't maker her any more intelligent.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't maker her any more intelligent.

And being a princess who obsessed over the color of her future prince's hair or doing perfect needlepoint didn't make her any less intelligent. It just made her foolish. The foolish has been beaten out of her.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a theory that Arya will be coming back to the Riverlands and meet up with Hot Pie and the 2 of them will goto the Twins or Riverrun (wherever the Freys and Lannisters are celebrating) and take Wyman Manderly's story from the books.

I think it would be cool and could happen eventually but I don't see it happening in the finale. I think it would be too rushed to set it all up and have all that happen in this episode. I think something is going to go down in the Riverlands involving Jamie which will hopefully be a cool payoff to an otherwise disappointing Riverlands storyline.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a theory that Arya will be coming back to the Riverlands and meet up with Hot Pie and the 2 of them will goto the Twins or Riverrun (wherever the Freys and Lannisters are celebrating) and take Wyman Manderly's story from the books.

I think it would be cool and could happen eventually but I don't see it happening in the finale. I think it would be too rushed to set it all up and have all that happen in this episode. I think something is going to go down in the Riverlands involving Jamie which will hopefully be a cool payoff to an otherwise disappointing Riverlands storyline.
Hotpie is in Dorne. Next episode has him in a 4-some with the sand snakes.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sansa should have cut Ramsay's dick off. Think of the character building!!

"This one's for Theon."

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What leads you to believe that she's acting 'crazy?' If she was a guy, wouldn't we respect her actions? Your opinion above reminds many that I've read about Arya over the years, particulary at Westeros, the GRRM fansite. Because she's female, it's beyond the pale that she's actively seeking to survive what life is throwing at her.

You say that she's not just crazy, but 'batshit' crazy. So where's the howling at the moon? Where's the outbursts or manic periods?

[/QUOTE]

Male or female for most likely to go batshit crazy I vote Sansa and then Tommen.

If I was going on chances, I would bet them to write crazy for the least likely to have already been exposed to horrors, most times experiencing that without any ability to do anything about it, and then give them power to act before they get time to recover from those experiences.

Both were set up as characters that weren't exposed to the real world at the start. Call it the most sheltered or whatever. Sansa from the start was the most "starstruck" by the idealistic view of the world. The perfect stories of princes and kings, the perfect marriage, the white knight in shining armor. How many times do we hear Cersei talk about sheltering Tommen.

Both until recently didn't have the power to make their own decisions at what life threw at them unlike Arya or others. Sansa's been completely powerless basically. Everyone else seems to have decent moments here and there. Her life has been Joffrey proposal time, Tyrion/Cersei/Joffrey family time, Baelish family time, Bolton family time. And zero she can do about it.

Now both finally appear to be able to make their own stressful decisions about a world that is so different from what they were set up to be best prepared for.

If I was to bet on who they would write would go crazy irrationally (not crazy sadistic) in the near future, those are my two top contenders easily.

Maybe next up would be Daenerys (genetic story line nothing to do with male/female), or Theon but I think Reek was that time for him.

So my batshit crazy list.

Sansa
Tommen
Daenerys
Theon

And I'd go in that order

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions for finale:
Bran delivered to the wall and we learn of Jon Targaryen
Arya arrives in Westeros
Sam makes it to oldtown
Cerise sentenced to death
Sansa to marry Baelish
Final scene for Daenerys is her setting sail

Deaths:
Lady Olenna
Mel
Lancel
Pycelle

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Jon Targaryen reveal would be to good to be true at this point. They may drag that out till next season.

There was a lot of positive events the season, especially at the end with the Starks retaking Winterfell. Too positive. I wouldn't expect too much to be resolved tonight. Just some setups for next season like Dany getting prepared to sail and Bran reaching the wall.

Sansa might accept a marriage proposal from little finger, but he might also suggest she marry her dumb cousin to solidify her hold on the north. She's probably going to grant him the castle and land of his choice after his help with the Vale army. There isn't a lot families or people left in the north these days. Most of them have been wiped out. Lady Marmont will be rewarded with something as well.

We're taking about George Martin here. Someone gets betrayed tonight. Bran will probably get killed off right after he has the Jon Targaryen vision and dies with the knowledge.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great. Now I'm reading that because of that "I'm now a part of you" line before Ramsey gets chomped, people are claiming he put a Bolton in Sansa's oven. And that she'll keep it because the kid would have blood rights to everything Bolton. Whatever....

(Sorry if this has been stated, haven't yet read through the 8 pages of replies I'm catching up on...)

I think it was more referring to her character. Sansa watched a human being get torn apart by dogs and then smiled about it. That's something Ramsey did. Ramsay's sadistic mind rubbed off on Sansa. Ramsay knows he can break people, he's done it his whole life, and he believes he did it to Sansa until the very end. And I think he's right.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just finished listening to the best theory I've heard yet on why Sansa didn't tell Jon about the Vale army.

According to the dialogue in EP #9, Ramsay had a 2 to 1 numerical advantage. So he meets Jon and his Northern scraps and wildlings out on the field of battle.

If scouts report back that there's suddenly an extra few thousand calvary and heavily armored foot troops, then Bolton retreats back into Winterfell, raises the portcullis, prepares the trebuchets, and lights Wun-wun on fire as soon as he lumbers too close to the walls. It takes months minimum for Jon to lay a seige, with winter coming on and few supplies. Jon loses.

So, Sansa hatches her plan, even hinting to Jon that there's no way that Bolton is going to let Rickon live. Bolton sees the numerical superiority intact, and comes out to play his longbow games with Rickon.

As soon as the armies are fully engaged, LF and the Vale ride for the battle and sweep up the reserve and what's left of the Boltons and Umbers.

Sacrificing the dead Northmen and wildlings to ensure victory over Bolton and getting her revenge. Cold-blooded, and effective, Sansa plays the winning hand. Not to marry LF, or to screw stuff up, but to achieve victory the only way they could, by complete surprise. Nobody could give it away, because nobody knew except her.

She's now a player in her own right.

Except she willingly sacrifices her brother in this case, and the true King in the North. That's pretty fucked up.

Jon would have supplies from the Vale, Bear Island, House Hornwood and House Mazin. The reason Stannis was fucked was because he had no one in the North. Jon has plenty of backing, he's set. Both Lord Karstark and Lord Umber are stuck behind the walls in Winterfell and they cannot receive supplies or even contact their houses (all birds are probably shot down by Jon's archers).

Jon would be able to negotiate for Rickon's life, let Ramsay, Lord Umber and Lord Karstark to return to their castles (with penalty, of course). Jon's army clearly has the advantage here, even just waiting. These are North men (and ladies) we are talking about, they can withstand a siege in the snow. Of course, Roose would have seen this and agreed, Ramsay probably doesn't and gets everyone killed anyway.

To me, this just make's Sansa's character more evil. Which is still kinda cool I guess. She was always the outcast Stark child anyway. There was another way, this wasn't the only way. But the siege way doesn't let Sansa come out on top like she does here.