• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probrably is for this show.... But I don't see it happening.

And no, she's not. An actress that started out on the show at 14 isn't gonna do that.

I really don't see what Sansa's 14-year old garbonzos have to do with her 20-year old mamalian protruburances making an appearance. The topics are only vaguely related.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they talked about that in the books too. There were hardly any knights in the North, because the Knights were annointed members of the church or some such. They had to be sworn to the seven. And most/many northerners, especially among the nobilty and old families, were still worshippers of the Old Gods and prayer to their trees not to the seven. They did not have churches and temples they just had the Godswood.

Not that the northerers didn't have horses or know how to swing swords. But that is only part of being a knight.

And yes that includes Ned Stark (and Jon Snow now) as being very representative of the North.
Thanks for confirming. That's the impression I was under but couldn't remember why.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe you're 100% right on this one Ed. (and I'm not even fucking with you)

Did the ol' google-fu, and the north and the Iron Islands both don't have knights.

Ran across this gem of a quote by the Dog.

It would be interesting to ask George about it though, because wiki also had this quote as the pledge Knights take. The bolded is interesting, and I guess covers the few from the North or I.I's that are knighted.
Houses like the Manderly's, who are southern transplants to the North, follow the Faith of the Seven, and mostly exclusively. And, Manderly has knights.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My face too. That was silly. Watching when the arrows were released it would have been rather easy to avoid being hit once you got a distance between you and the shooter. Arrows just don't have the velocity to negate a change in direction at distance. Silly shit.

'Easy.' Heh. No pressure or anything.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You could sleepwalk through that shit. Every 5 seconds take two steps to the left or right. Easy-peasy.

.....which or course would not have changed the outcome for the purposes of the story. He was getting an longbow enema no matter how fast he ran or how he tried to evade.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You could sleepwalk through that shit. Every 5 seconds take two steps to the left or right. Easy-peasy.
And if he did Ramsey's next step would've been to have all his archers shoot at Rickon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he did Ramsey's next step would've been to have all his archers shoot at Rickon.
Which would have made the entire thing more believable. Ramsey trying to be a badass, failing, getting frustrated, and having his archers take him out. Either or. It was an observation. Not one I care all that much about.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My face too. That was silly. Watching when the arrows were released it would have been rather easy to avoid being hit once you got a distance between you and the shooter. Arrows just don't have the velocity to negate a change in direction at distance. Silly shit.
Really? Ever seen an arrow shot from a long bow? You do know that long bows can pierce a knight's armor at about a 100 yards, don't you? That requires a lot of velocity. Obviously not as fast as a bullet but still if arrows were so easy to evade no one would need a shield to protect themselves against them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Ever seen an arrow shot from a long bow? You do know that long bows can pierce a knight's armor at about a 100 yards, don't you? That requires a lot of velocity. Obviously not as fast as a bullet but still if arrows were so easy to evade no one would need a shield to protect themselves against them.
I don't know anything about piercing a knights armor. Cosplay isn't my thing to be honest. But I know a good bit about bows and their capabilities. A zig-zag pattern ran at the distances shown would have been very effective. Ramsey would have had to lead the target and that is assuming the target was following a pattern. At the very least it would be a very difficult shot instead of fish in a barrel.

But. Have I mentioned yet that I don't really give a shit? It was a quick observation.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been helpful for Jon to see the loose, and tell Rickon to change his fly to a post route, seeing as he had the vision. Should have been easy enough.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would have made the entire thing more believable. Ramsey trying to be a badass, failing, getting frustrated, and having his archers take him out. Either or. It was an observation. Not one I care all that much about.
No it wouldn't have. How would a boy who's never been in combat know how to evade arrows? Rickon did what any inexperienced boy would've done. Try to get out of range as fast as he could. if Ramsey let his archers lose too soon it might have tipped off to Jon and company his ultimate plan of setting a pincher trap.

One statement before I let tis go. Someone has already mentioned that Ramsey was an accomplished bowman, so he could've killed Rickon anytime he wanted but needed to draw Jon and his troops into his trap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't have. How would a boy who's never been in combat know how to evade arrows? Rickon did what any inexperienced boy would've done. Try to get out of range as fast as he could. if Ramsey let his archers lose too soon it might have tipped off to Jon and company his ultimate plan of setting a pincher trap.

One statement before I let tis go. Someone has already mentioned that Ramsey was an accomplished bowman, so he could've killed Rickon anytime he wanted but needed to draw Jon and his troops into his trap.
Yes, it would have.

It's okay to be wrong. I'll even hold your hand and help you through it.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been helpful for Jon to see the loose, and tell Rickon to change his fly to a post route, seeing as he had the vision. Should have been easy enough.
Helpful maybe, easy doubtful. How would Rickon have heard Jon over the sounds of Jon's horse's hooves??? And without training, know what to do if he could hear Jon.