• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. It's been months since her escape. She would be showing by now. It would be an issue.

Also, with the Bolton's wiped out, it falls to the Starks to assign the lands to someone else. Sansa doesn't need a Bolton heir. She can just give Dreadfort to Tormund, or someone else.

This is what I'm thinking too.

Hell, maybe if her broham Sandor swings up north she can hand him a castle too...maybe next to Brienne and Tormund's pad.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm thinking too.

Hell, maybe if her broham Sandor swings up north she can hand him a castle too...maybe next to Brienne and Tormund's pad.
At the least the Umber, Karstark and Bolton lands need new owners.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that all of the wildfire caches were used by Tyrion in the Battle of Blackwater and that they do not exist anymore (or at least not nearly as much as previously).

Cersei (and then Tyrion) had the pyromancers working day and night to produce new batches of wildfire.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cersei (and then Tyrion) had the pyromancers working day and night to produce new batches of wildfire.
And... I doubt she let the pyromancers stop making it after that battle.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think Jamie cares about the white book lol? He's called the Kingslayer. He's known to be a man of no honor. Duh?

That's not even logically coherent in the same thought. He's a man with no honor, so he worries about what the legacy of his honor is? If HE HAD NO HONOR, he wouldn't give a fuck.

Yes. There's a code knights follow. No. I don't think it's as important as you do nor do I think the circumstances that surrounded the situation Ned was in demand he follow it. He needed to reach his sister. At all costs. And I don't think that reflects poorly on him at all. If anything it shows him in a better light.

Then why'd he let the false story be the one told? Why not own it? C'mon, Ned Stark didn't buy that bullshit.

And the praise he heaped on Dayne in the years to come further reflect that IMHO. Or maybe I'm just an asshole right? LOL.

You and I have our history of getting on each other's nerves, so my bad, I read too much into how you wrote your post. Retracted. Apologies.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really want to know is if Jon Snow is actually Ned Stark's son or not.

.......and if it turns out that he is not Ned's son, does that mean that he can start boning Sansa?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really want to know is if Jon Snow is actually Ned Stark's son or not.

.......and if it turns out that he is not Ned's son, does that mean that he can start boning Sansa?
He's not Ned's son, but he is Sansa's first cousin.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that post Bridge, just take Jamie's character arc. Why is he keeping his promises at the books progress? Why is that important to him? If one can do anything to protect family, why DOESN'T he just lie to Catelyn Stark? Why DOES he go back for Brienne? Why does he give Brienne the sword?

Why does he change? Why does he want to be a better man?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not Ned's son, but he is Sansa's first cousin.

Well, that seems about far enough apart genetically for this show!

<Just kidding of course. Pretty much no chance that Sophie is going to unleash the ta-ta's on GoT. :(

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity. Why not have the Red Witch rezz Reckon? Technically, he would be the ruling Stark in the area.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that seems about far enough apart genetically for this show!

<Just kidding of course. Pretty much no chance that Sophie is going to unleash the ta-ta's on GoT. :(
Probrably is for this show.... But I don't see it happening.

And no, she's not. An actress that started out on the show at 14 isn't gonna do that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity. Why not have the Red Witch rezz Reckon? Technically, he would be the ruling Stark in the area.
He did get another half dozen arrows in him in that first barrage, including in his face, probrably more in subsequent arrow rain. Doubt the body is in decent enough shape.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that shot of Jon facing the cavalry charge... That wasn't CGI or green screen. He was really in a field facing that charge of horses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even logically coherent in the same thought. He's a man with no honor, so he worries about what the legacy of his honor is? If HE HAD NO HONOR, he wouldn't give a fuck.
I didn't say he had no honor, I said he was known to have no honor. There is a fundamental difference between a man who has no honor and a man who's known throughout the land as a man without honor. Maybe I could have been more clear.

Then why'd he let the false story be the one told? Why not own it? C'mon, Ned Stark didn't buy that bullshit.
Maybe I'm forgetting the lies he told? From my recollection (which is often lacking, mom was right, drugs are actually bad for you) I don't recall a scene where he backed up a false narrative. I was left with the impression that it wasn't a fair fight and that he wasn't proud of it. Even before the scene in the show. Ned was clear that Reed saved his life that day. At least to me. Just because rumors of reputation spread, doesn't mean that Ned cultivated those rumors. He may have done more to squash them, but it could have been a painful subject for him with not only the way it went down but the eventual fate of his sister and his need to protect Jon.

You and I have our history of getting on each other's nerves, so my bad, I read too much into how you wrote your post. Retracted. Apologies.
Our history is a blurred landscape of violence and sex. I'll never be mad enough not to spoon after the dust settles.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that post Bridge, just take Jamie's character arc. Why is he keeping his promises at the books progress? Why is that important to him? If one can do anything to protect family, why DOESN'T he just lie to Catelyn Stark? Why DOES he go back for Brienne? Why does he give Brienne the sword?

Why does he change? Why does he want to be a better man?
Jamie is one of the best drawn characters in the entire novel. He absolutely has a sense of honor, probably fueled now by regret.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And further... was Ned Stark even a knight? I don't recall ever reading that to be honest. he acted like it. For sure. But at that time weren't they just young lords in the land?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that shot of Jon facing the cavalry charge... That wasn't CGI or green screen. He was really in a field facing that charge of horses.
Did they use CGI on those ships exploding or did they let the dragons actually do it?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie is one of the best drawn characters in the entire novel. He absolutely has a sense of honor, probably fueled now by regret.

Right, absolutely fueled by regret. Regret at pushing kids out of windows to protect his sister that only 'loves' him for what he can do for her.

My only point was that Ned, if he'd have lived would have been equally well drawn, and GRRM leaves lots of little clues as to how he wasn't by any means perfect. AGAIN, he's still a good guy, just not perfect.

Who in the books so far most closely meets that ideal?

I'd say 2, Barristan and Brienne. Both of them have difficulty meeting their duty by staying true to the ideal. Both are aware of this. And do it anyway.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And further... was Ned Stark even a knight? I don't recall ever reading that to be honest. he acted like it. For sure. But at that time weren't they just young lords in the land?

He was never in the Kingsguard. That was the bone of contention between Jamie and Tywin, because Jamie wouldn't leave the KG, and thus was ineligible to take his father's place as Lord of Casterly Rock.

But in the feudal system, the lines get blurry. Knights are usually noble. They make a distinction between 'real' nobles and those from declining houses, or pauper houses. 'Hedge Knights,' being the term. Free-riders being mounted men at arms who aren't knights.

The chivalric code wasn't expected of peasants. They weren't seen as capable of such distinctions. Let alone wildlings and the like from outside civilization.

A free man:

17aQQaR.gif

from that fourth level, could be 'up-jumped' by a noble. So Janos Slynt was a butcher if memory serves, who got promoted for services rendered (and monies paid). He's knighted and given lands by Tywin Lannister for turning on the Hand Eddard Stark, and betraying him. But he was never accepted as truly noble, and was mocked even on the wall for being a commoner by birth.

At any rate, noble men who go on to lead their houses would be 'knighted,' after showing a minimum of skill in combat. An example of that was Samwell Tarly, who despite being oldest son, was denied his birthright by his father, because he couldn't sit a horse or swing a sword.

The Kingsguard, whole different level, supposed to be the elite of the elite, but as Tywin and then Cersei showed, it was politically convenient to put toadies and lackeys in those spots. In Cersei's case that backfired.