• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the show feels like they've been in clean up mode killing off sub characters and getting ready for the end stories for a lot of the central ones.

It's all ending in about 14 episodes over the next two years so expect things to speed up a lot, with less boring filler scenes and more of things getting to the end of the line.

Dany has her ships now. She's got the dragons at full strength.

Winterfell is back under control of the Starks, but don't expect them to keep it without a few more struggles and deaths. The Vale army helps, but they basically lost most of the army they need to defend it. There is almost nothing left of the wildling army. It's kind of over for them.

As for Jon, go back to the wall, assume lord commander, and I guess wait and see if a Dragon you can communicate with shows up. The more he mopes around Winterfell, the more he'll get knives in the back.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling that either Dany or Sansa will slowly emerge as the next villain of sorts.

The writers seem infatuated with the strong women leaders. (Dany, Sansa, Cersei, Yara, Red Women, Arya, Sand Snakes, Brienne)

Sansa seems ready to team up with Littlefinger and betray the mopey Jon Snow.

or

The heavy handed foreshadowing of Tyrion comparing her to the Mad King with her lust to destroy seems ready to make Dany a tyrant soon in love with her power.

the show needs another good villain. And the only decent developed characters left all seem to be women

Ramsay was stupid. He was cartoonishly evil and tiresome....never developed much at all.

I am pretty sure the next "big" villain will be the Knight King. There isn't that much of the show left, I think 7 shows next season and 8 the following. That's it. I also figure, Arya needs to finish off at least 2-3 of the other "villains" out there as well. Leaving fewer and fewer sub plots. Yea, Dany v. the rest of Westerous (all though I would wager a good bit that this big battle gets interrupted by the "others", ala the Battle of Five Armies in The Hobbit) has to happen and then Everyone v. the Others. End of the line for this series. Sadly.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next big villian won't have much time to develop. The north is incredibly weakened right now with that many deaths from the major northern families. Little finger has tremendous influence over the Vale army right now and that could be how he makes his move to control the north. That and marrying idiot Sansa.

Jon's got to be tired, but his hopes of heading south are over. He'll probably end up setup for a backstab by little finger. Sansa will be an unknowing partner to this. My money is on finger not getting his ass kicked till near the end of the show.

Dany and the fight for kings landing will probably be the big final battle. Lannisters days are numbered down there.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Jon's not going to see the final conflict?

I get people hate Sansa, she was my least favorite Stark over books 1- IIII, but she's not goofy wandering around in her own fantasy cloud Sansa anymore. SHE, (approve of her method or not) won the battle. Nobody else won it. Sansa pulled that off.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO breaking down the technical aspects and some acting behind the scenes info of the bastard bowl.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome awesome episode. The shots where men were literally suffocating under the weight of everyone else crushed into them were really difficult to watch. I was starting to get upset because for a moment it looked like they were really going to let Jon die, and I thought Tormund was toast for sure. Glad he's still kicking because there's still hope that he can get some of that Brienne ass.

Going forward, I really don't see any way Jon leaves Winterfell to head south. He won't ask the few surviving wildlings to come with him. Sansa and the Knights of the Vale might head southward to deal with the Freys, but I'm not sure what the endgame would be for that. I'm sure Littlefinger has a plan...he always does.

The final scenes are going to be wrapping up the Tower of Joy and the Night's King bringing down the wall. Bookmarket.
Who taps it first? Yara and Daenerys or Tormund and Brienne.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little finger for sure went into this with the plan to watch everyone kill each other and then sweep in and wipe the rest out, but plans do change in this series. Entirely possible that the walkers breech before he has time to really take over and ends up having to change direction and joining that fight. I can't believe he has any real sympathy for what happened to Sansa as he was using her anyway, but he was at least playing along with the notion he cared. Just can't see Jon not being in the battle of the walkers.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it hit anyone else that it's one more hour and then we have to wait almost another year? :gaah:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The larger suspension of disbelief issue..

The most glaring thing in this or nearly any show about Dragons is the physics of riding them. There's no way anyone can stay on a dragon in combat (or barely even if they're flying straight and level).

No-one ever says boo about that. Because it's SOD

Man, it's totally scientifically possible for her to ride a dragon in combat. She just strategically places a couple of the dragon's back spikes to hold her in place. You know, like fingers in a bowling ball.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Littlefinger has a plan. Not sure he has factored in White Walkers into that plan though.

Lucky for him, he controls the Eyrie. Aside from the Iron Islands, that's probably the safest place to hide out if the White Walkers and their army of the dead are running around throughout the 7 Kingdoms. Assuming they hate lots of supplies that is.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's totally scientifically possible for her to ride a dragon in combat. She just strategically places a couple of the dragon's back spikes to hold her in place. You know, like fingers in a bowling ball.

Kegels!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool ep. Jon is a terrible battlefield commander. Not so tough without your Wall, are you boy?!?!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool ep. Jon is a terrible battlefield commander. Not so tough without your Wall, are you boy?!?!

He fell right into Ramsey's trap. But then again, what the hell was he supposed to do, watch his brother die without trying to help him get across that field.

Yes, Ramsey's plan was pretty damn spectacular based on his intel on the strength and size of the opposition, but he also had a massive advantage with numbers and having the high ground, but his army and himself ended up owned like a bitch in the end and that's all that matters in war. Now he's doogie doodoo. Good night.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great. Now I'm reading that because of that "I'm now a part of you" line before Ramsey gets chomped, people are claiming he put a Bolton in Sansa's oven. And that she'll keep it because the kid would have blood rights to everything Bolton. Whatever....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fell right into Ramsey's trap. But then again, what the hell was he supposed to do, watch his brother die without trying to help him get across that field.

Yes, Ramsey's plan was pretty damn spectacular based on his intel on the strength and size of the opposition, but he also had a massive advantage with numbers and having the high ground, but his army and himself ended up owned like a bitch in the end and that's all that matters in war. Now he's doogie doodoo. Good night.

He can attempt to rescue Rickon. That's fine. Its really really dumb to charge an army all by himself after Rickon is dead though. It's not like Ramsay was even that good. He was firing his archers into his own men for goodness sake but Ramsay looks smart by default because Jon did everything wrong that you could possibly do.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can attempt to rescue Rickon. That's fine. Its really really dumb to charge an army all by himself after Rickon is dead though. It's not like Ramsay was even that good. He was firing his archers into his own men for goodness sake but Ramsay looks smart by default because Jon did everything wrong that you could possibly do.

He was in the long bow archer's range and had no horse. All he could do is move forward.

And they actually had a decent plan to draw Ramsey's cavalry out first and that's why they were laying trench traps right in front of them. Try to even out the odds.

Jon blew that plan by losing his horse and getting stuck out there. Then their cavalry had to react and run out there to save their commander. That's when Ramsey had full advantage. He was also totally willing to sacrifice all the Umbers by firing on the entire battle with arrows to kill everyone. Bet Umber boy wasn't told about that part of the plan.

All in all, Jon blew it by heading out there himself. He should of ordered one of his horseriders to go get Rickon. But that's Jon.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey didn't do himself any favors either by sacrificing his entire cavalry. That came to bite him back on the ass as well.