• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game evaluation by the genius

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look! you guys are buddies.

People with similar IQs should be friends.

What is Checkdown?
A term for when a quarterback throws a short pass to a nearby player after a passing play has had time to develop. Usually, a checkdown is used when the primary receivers are not open, and the quarterback wants to get rid of the ball for some yardage rather than risk a sack. The receiver on a checkdown is usually a running back that comes out of the backfield or swings to the side of the field, and will attempt to gain extra yardage after receiving the pass.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you can't define. How can i lose when you don't know what it is we're talking about?

And when did i lose last time? Again and again and again? Name them please? Oh yeah that time when you said this raiders game was over? Oh i know. it's the whole lets focus on ... right right. You got me..(rolls eyes).

How can you lose? Well...you wake up in the morning.

I assume it’s all downhill from there.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look! you guys are buddies.

People with similar IQs should be friends.

Here ya go, then.

giphy.gif

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a passing comment about the game being over when I was pissed off at the poor effort the Bears were making.

You are completely shitting your diapers over the definition of checkdown and desperately trying to save face, while failing miserably, over it.

Bad comparison.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Checkdown

Trent Edwards, QB Buffalo Bills. The phrase used to describe Trent Edwards, the QB of the NFL's Buffalo Bills. The NFL quarterback who historically throws most of his passes under ten yards.

This phrase can also be used to describe any QB who tends to throw the majority of his passes under ten yards.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU ARE HERE: HOME / ALL THE LINGO / SPORTS TERMS THAT BEGIN WITH ‘C’ / CHECKDOWN
Checkdown
check * down

What Is The Definition Of A Checkdown In Football?

1. This is short yardage pass attempt that the quarterback makes to a running back or tight end when all the wide receivers are covered, in order to avoid a sack.

The term “checked down” means that the quarterback has spent the time (usually 3-4 seconds) to look downfield to see if each one of his receivers are open or not, basically “checking down the list of receivers”. If they are all covered, he will “checkdown” to the running back or tight end for a short yardage attempt.

Examples Of How Checkdown Is Used In Commentary

1. The defense has all the receivers covered downfield, forcing the quarterback to checkdown to his running back near the sideline.

2. Brady runs through all his progressions and ends up checking down to his running back in the flat.

SportsLingo Goes The Extra-Inch With The Meaning Of Checkdown

The offensive line plays a crucial role in order for a quarterback to be able to checkdown during a game. If the quarterback does not have the proper pass protection and the amount of time in order to look down field, then the play is at risk of breaking down and the quarterback being sacked. The time allows the play to develop and it gives the quarterback the opportunity to check-off which receiver is open or covered. Although the quarterback can go to his last receiver option any time he chooses, he would rather have the opportunity to gain more yards on the play if there is a receiver open downfield.

Sport The Term Is Used

1. Football

Also Known As:

1. Checks
2. Checked Down

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bump the ever-living fuck out of this thread.

It will NEVER leave the first page. :heh:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU ARE HERE: HOME / ALL THE LINGO / SPORTS TERMS THAT BEGIN WITH ‘C’ / CHECKDOWN
Checkdown
1. The defense has all the receivers covered downfield, forcing the quarterback to checkdown to his running back near the sideline.

Also Known As:
1. Checks
2. Checked Down

Finally. Good job old man. Looking over the definition I see where you're coming from.

This may be where the discrepancy lies.

"Yeah, that's one we want back," Daniel said of the throw after the game. "That's one of our stable plays. We made a check and at the end they made a better play. The whole game they were pretty tight on our outside receivers, and I'm not even sure who intercepted, but the corner who really, I thought was supposed to have Javon Wims really fell off. I saw the nickel falling off, Anthony took it a little lower than what I wanted, but that's just completely on me. Like I just -- there's two throws I want back, right, the first interception gave them a short field and obviously that one. I feel like that's one that I should probably check down."

Also there were no running backs on that last play which would invalidate Chase's last comment.

I'll give you this one old man.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a passing comment about the game being over when I was pissed off at the poor effort the Bears were making.

You are completely shitting your diapers over the definition of checkdown and desperately trying to save face, while failing miserably, over it.

Bad comparison.

Oh come on. It was more than a passing comment. You meant every word. Man up old man.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. Good job old man. Looking over the definition I see where you're coming from.

"Yeah, that's one we want back," Daniel said of the throw after the game. "That's one of our stable plays. We made a check and at the end they made a better play. The whole game they were pretty tight on our outside receivers, and I'm not even sure who intercepted, but the corner who really, I thought was supposed to have Javon Wims really fell off. I saw the nickel falling off, Anthony took it a little lower than what I wanted, but that's just completely on me. Like I just -- there's two throws I want back, right, the first interception gave them a short field and obviously that one. I feel like that's one that I should probably check down."

Also there were no running backs on that last play which would invalidate Chase's last comment.

Sad.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It took me posting that for you to give in? I thought you were a genius though? Why did you need that definition? Wouldn’t that have been something....in your infinite wisdom....you already knew?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on. It was more than a passing comment. You meant every word. Man up old man.

Yeah I did. But it was still an opinion.

You completed face planted because you don’t know what a checkdown is and you spun your wheels for 4 pages trying to make yourself correct.

You’re pathetic. And I’m sad for you at this moment.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I get an evaluation on Jordan Howard this year?? Need some input

:thumb:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I get an evaluation on Jordan Howard this year?? Need some input

:thumb:

On pace to rush for 800 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Outside of the touchdowns that would make him the average back most people say he is.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pace to rush for 800 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Outside of the touchdowns that would make him the average back most people say he is.

Seems pretty good for a team using 2-3 RBs.