• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game day

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was traveling yesterday, so I didn't get to watch the game, but I was able to hear the first half on the radio. What follows is my take from listening to radio announcers who were local guys for Carolina...

1) I can't tell you how many times they said something to the effect of, "It's almost like he knew exactly where that play was heading." That made me think that our play calling was, once again, so predictable that the defense can beat us to the spot.

2) It sounded as though there was poor effort on many plays on both sides of the ball. On one sack of Prescott the announcers said that Zeke gave half an effort to block the defender, who ended up running right through him and got Prescott. On the defensive side, several times it sounded like our guys were more about trying to give a hit rather than wrap a guy up and bring him down. On a few of the runs by Newton, it sounded as though there was zero containment, which means a lack of discipline.

3) A few different times the announcers said that our db's had a chance to make a play on the ball but were off balance or turned around. That happens, to some extent, all the time, but the frequency of it made sounded as though our guys just weren't playing with any kind of confidence or rhythm.

All in all, to me it sounded like some of the preseason games I did get to see, and every one of them frustrated me because it seems like our guys just are not well coached.

As I said, this was my take from listening to unapologetically biased broadcasters, but as I tried to visualize the game in my mind, what I saw was pathetic.

The one that Zeke supposedly missed - I thought the same thing that it was a lack of effort. Then they replayed it. He was running a counter play action to the other side. He actually had to abandon the play action and dive back at an angle to try to pick up the rusher. He tried.

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam was in the shot gun most of the game. Dak was in the shot gun most of year one. Year one he was great. Then we try to make him play under center more and he struggles with his drop depth and doesn't look as comfortable. Just let him do his thing. He was fantastic for most of the 4th when we spread everything out and kept him in the shot gun. the whole offense moved better and was in sync
Cam was in the shot gun most of the game. Dak was in the shot gun most of year one. Year one he was great. Then we try to make him play under center more and he struggles with his drop depth and doesn't look as comfortable. Just let him do his thing. He was fantastic for most of the 4th when we spread everything out and kept him in the shot gun. the whole offense moved better and was in sync

Yes it opened it up some for him. I just wonder how much of that though had to do with the 16 point lead. We got it two more times after we scored once and didn’t do much. I really had never heard of any of their DBs except the older safety.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that Zeke supposedly missed - I thought the same thing that it was a lack of effort. Then they replayed it. He was running a counter play action to the other side. He actually had to abandon the play action and dive back at an angle to try to pick up the rusher. He tried.

As I said, I didn't get to see it. I was just going by what the Carolina radio announcers said. So, thanks for the correction on that.

Hopefully, that's not the only correction to the perspective I had from listening to the game. If it is, then JG probably won't make it past the bye week, and we get another year of the circus that has been showing for the last 23 years.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I didn't get to see it. I was just going by what the Carolina radio announcers said. So, thanks for the correction on that.

Hopefully, that's not the only correction to the perspective I had from listening to the game. If it is, then JG probably won't make it past the bye week, and we get another year of the circus that has been showing for the last 23 years.

Yes I knew you said you didn’t see it and there may have been another that they were talking about it. I do remember a specific one though and I thought Zeke didn’t even try. Then they replayed it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the game that the cowboys needed to attempt deep passes. As usual the coaching staff did not do this. We have tavon Austin and Thompson who should have been sent deep and thrown to. And yeah Frederick being out is a major blow to the offense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also no fucking excuse for not using zeke more in the passing game. Linehan and garret have no imagination. They better get it figured out as the first game was very winnable. Zeke can be a he'll of a weapon in the passing game and is a threat from anywhere to break a big one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Thompson and twill..made no plays. They need to try different receivers!!! Zeke needs more touches. Coaching staff on offense clueless. I though this team could win 10 to 11 games,but not after yeaterday.
I thought in the 4th Qtr when they started moving the ball Thompson made a couple plays, no? Now I need to go check "play by play". I was thinking he looked ok

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold looks really good. Not scared of anything. I have never heard of any of these hacks he is throwing too either except for Terell Pryor.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Stephen really call or refer to Aikman as an armchair QB. ???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty good stuff right here IMO. He could full of shit but it sounds good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he is right for all fan's sake. Just beat the G-men Sunday and prove it.

I think he will be fine. I thought he might struggle vs the Panthers. He knows the Giants pretty well. He had a big day vs them last yr. Somebody tweeted that he averaged holding the ball Sunday for 3.1 seconds. NFL average is 2.5. He just has to trust himself and what he sees. I worry that he is so scared to throw a pick that he holds himself back. I watched 4 QBs last night and everyone of them hit the DBs hands 4 or 5 times apiece. They let it rip.

Then I start thinking about the whole league. With exception of a couple of teams, nobody looked real good this weekend. I was impressed with the Rams last night. I said last yr the Eagles and Vikings have the best rosters. The Rams may have that trophy now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty good stuff right here IMO. He could full of shit but it sounds good.
Not sure I'm onboard with all of that. How was it supposed to be a TD exactly? OL double at least someone on most run plays. Add in that there are 9 blockers (excluding QB and runner) and 11 defenders and thus always someone is unblocked. Unfortunately the real life defenders don't act exactly like the little "x's" on the whiteboard

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm onboard with all of that. How was it supposed to be a TD exactly? OL double at least someone on most run plays. Add in that there are 9 blockers (excluding QB and runner) and 11 defenders and thus always someone is unblocked. Unfortunately the real life defenders don't act exactly like the little "x's" on the whiteboard

I agree. He sure made it sound good though. I thought Looney played pretty good as far as the physical part anyway. Not sure how many line calls he may have missed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He sure made it sound good though. I thought Looney played pretty good as far as the physical part anyway. Not sure how many line calls he may have missed.
Yeah, I've been very happy with what we have seen from Looney. of course this week is going to be a lot tougher for him facing Harrison