• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 - Clemson at Virginia Tech

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep talking Clemson. Between that and the ESPN lovefest for the Tigers, motivation shouldn't be much of a problem. BTW, is it supposed to rain Saturday? Because all the pre-game hype from the four-letter reminds me of the 2009 game with Miami.

Highs in the low 50s. Should drop to 40s during the game. Weather might have some effect on players, but I doubt it plays too big of a factor. If anything, players won't tire a quickly as they would in the heat. Fans might need to bundle up, though. Or add an extra layer to the liquor coat.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I was being facetious about the weather. Just saying the buildup reminds me of the 2009 Miami game when it rained and we hammered them.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I was being facetious about the weather. Just saying the buildup reminds me of the 2009 Miami game when it rained and we hammered them.

my favorite game as a student.. i dont think i've ever been as amped up for a game as i was for that one.. and the monsoon just made it better

unfortunately most people poncho'd up for that game so the maroon effect failed pretty bad.. not me though.. 4 t-shirts worked well enough for me

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyover for the game (If weather permits! Ha!)

VT_Football VT Football
Three aircraft: a WWII-vintage Grumman TBM Avenger torpedo bomber and two 1950***8217;s era T-28 Trojan aircraft will perform a flyover Saturday

What to look for:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fJyF9dPPUQk/Thz6NaCNsgI/AAAAAAAAFFA/lTdmh2XMgl8/s1600/TBM+avenger.jpg

http://www.air-and-space.com/20011006%20Chino/4%2005%20T-28A%20Fennec%20NX99395%20right%20front%20in%20flight%20l.jpg

thats awesome.. god i wish i was going.. plane ticks were $700 in to charlotte when i checked last night :(

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite game as a student.. i dont think i've ever been as amped up for a game as i was for that one.. and the monsoon just made it better

unfortunately most people poncho'd up for that game so the maroon effect failed pretty bad.. not me though.. 4 t-shirts worked well enough for me

I almost didn't go to that game. My fiance didn't want to sit in the rain and her friends in the group weren't going but I decided to go anyways. Under armor, thermal, long sleeve t, t-shirt, maroon pull over jacket. I didn't get wet until the 4th and a lot of that was prolly sweat. The build up was awesome but the finish of the Neb game was the most exciting moment I had in Lane.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the miami game in a maroon long sleeve and jeans. After the game some people rushed the field so I just ran on for the hell of it. I (for some reason) decided to take off my shirt and do belly slides, which resulted in me having to walk around shirtless for over a half hour. Oh yeah, and I was sober for all of this.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, love this idea we are using in practice this week. The defense is facing two huddles at one time from the offense, meaning while the offense runs a play, a second unit is already huddled ready to run another play. The idea is to simulate the speed of Clemson's offensive sets.
At least, that is my understanding of it.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, we did the same thing to prepare for East Carolina's uptempo offense as well.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured they would be doing that. We have done it against a couple teams before. Speaking of practice I saw on college football live they went inside a VT practice. They showed Shane doing drills with the running backs and Frank working some special teams things in the little bit I saw. It was pretty good.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured they would be doing that. We have done it against a couple teams before. Speaking of practice I saw on college football live they went inside a VT practice. They showed Shane doing drills with the running backs and Frank working some special teams things in the little bit I saw. It was pretty good.

Probably came from the ESPNU All-Access episode featuring Virginia Tech. I have linked that entire episode at the following location. It is a fantastic and informative look at the inside of VT football. I highly recommend any Hokie fan watch it.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/virginia-tech/45900-vt-espnu-all-access.html

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Be advised that if you're not going to the game, or not able to get the televised game on ESPN2, you will be able to get the game on ESPN3.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
the finish of the Neb game was the most exciting moment I had in Lane.

Have only missed a handful of games at lane in the last 25 years and that was the most exciting finish i can remember.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I almost didn't go to that game. My fiance didn't want to sit in the rain and her friends in the group weren't going but I decided to go anyways. Under armor, thermal, long sleeve t, t-shirt, maroon pull over jacket. I didn't get wet until the 4th and a lot of that was prolly sweat. The build up was awesome but the finish of the Neb game was the most exciting moment I had in Lane.

Miami in 09 and BC in 07 were two that I'll never forget because of the weather. Unfortunately I'd like to forget BC, and I tried to afterwards with several hottie totties at Awful Arthurs.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Probably came from the ESPNU All-Access episode featuring Virginia Tech. I have linked that entire episode at the following location. It is a fantastic and informative look at the inside of VT football. I highly recommend any Hokie fan watch it.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/virginia-tech/45900-vt-espnu-all-access.html

I second that!

BTW a few people on twitter were saying that tonights "espnU Road Trip" will feature VT. I cant find anything in concrete to deny or confirm it, but if your around the TV @ 7:30 it may bw worth checking out. IDK:noidea:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add my two cents, I really don't know what to expect from this game. Clemson has been pretty resilient so far and played some decent teams, but all at home. VT has sort of sleep-walked through their opening schedule, albeit the defense does look pretty tough. I really think in a neutral setting, Clemson would win a close one, but seeing as it's on the road in one of the toughest places to play in the ACC, I think Tech may win a close one.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just to add my two cents, I really don't know what to expect from this game. Clemson has been pretty resilient so far and played some decent teams, but all at home. VT has sort of sleep-walked through their opening schedule, albeit the defense does look pretty tough. I really think in a neutral setting, Clemson would win a close one, but seeing as it's on the road in one of the toughest places to play in the ACC, I think Tech may win a close one.

I really cant disagree with that. Clemson (and GT) has honestly played the best of any ACC team this year. Im just hoping that VT will play up to their potential on saturday, IMO we are going to need a decent game from Logan and a big game from our OL to win. Our DB's will also need to play a better game but i think aggressive play calling has gotten them out of position a few times this year, Bud wont be as aggressive against a good offense like clemson.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glad to have you here ballboy. It's always nice when you can talk football with an opposing fan and things can still stay civil. I think it's going to be a great game, but I'm not going to make any predictions. We just don't know enough about VT at this point, at least I don't, to make an accurate assumption.

Fuck that shit!

I have thus far refrained from posting here, mainly because I figured any attempts to add my obvious dissent would probably be seen as trolling, but this post...

I'm not sure if the poster has actually watched any of our games, but I'll assume you haven't. We're not just a one trick pony on offense like we were the previous meetings with Spiller/Ford/Davis/Overrated QB; we may not run people over with a power running game, but we have 5 or 6 legit pass catchers that have all made major contributions in our wins. Watkins is simply the "man" right now, but our TE Dwayne Allen and receivers Bryant, Brown, Hopkins, and WR/TE Brandon Ford have all made crucial catches when it matters. Hosely may be able to contain or even shut down Watkins, but don't think that's the only weapon. I think we will lose this game because it is our first road test of the season and right now, we're playing with house money anyway, but I'd be shocked if the game is won by more than a 10 point margin either way.

vt_middle_finger_kid_stands.jpg

:D

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our DB's will also need to play a better game but i think aggressive play calling has gotten them out of position a few times this year, Bud wont be as aggressive against a good offense like clemson.

Tech's ranked #6 in the NCAA in Pass Efficiency Defense. Opposing QBs are completing 47% of their passes for an average of 5.7 ypc and a total of two TDs. They've given up 7 INTs.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&div=B&rpt=IA_teamdefpasseff&site=org

In the Pass Defense category, Tech's ranked #32, but that stat is based entirely on passing yardage given up.