• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2 - New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers(10-9-14): 7:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32tfs723a3bes0p0hb4hgcy1u.gif
vs.
161.gif

Game Time: 7:00pm EST
Channel: CSN-PH
Venue: Wells Fargo Center

Links:
5 things to watch in Game 2: New Jersey Devils at Flyers
New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers - 10/09/2014

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Mase is in net it would be nice to bounce back tonight and he gives the team the best chance.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4_FLYER%20To%20Watch.jpg
5_OpponentToWatch.jpg

PTW_Couturier_10-9.jpg
PTW_Jagr2014-15.jpg

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know when NHL Center Ice will show a week full of free games?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know when NHL Center Ice will show a week full of free games?

They're showing free games for at least two weeks

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, saw that on twitter as well.

I'm not usually a fan of starting the same goalie in back to back games, but it is the start of the season and you want your starter to get into a groove, so the move makes sense IMO.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks boys for the info. Cobie is correct Oct 8-25. Pretty sweet! I was considering dropping Directv and switching to another provider? It gets pretty expensive after you hit that original good deal starting off. And I hate signing a commitment for 2 years. Long story short, I would love to get center ice, but I may hold off. Any suggestions what's the best deal/ providers?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks boys for the info. Cobie is correct Oct 8-25. Pretty sweet! I was considering dropping Directv and switching to another provider? It gets pretty expensive after you hit that original good deal starting off. And I hate signing a commitment for 2 years. Long story short, I would love to get center ice, but I may hold off. Any suggestions what's the best deal/ providers?

I've had pretty good luck with Gamecenter instead of Center Ice. I used Center Ice while I was in California for a year, but switched over to Gamecenter since I've been in NC. Gives me the freedom to watch on more than just my primary TV. I have my desktop hooked up to a different TV or I can watch on my ipad. Planning on getting an ipad-to-TV connection if those exist so I can really watch on whatever, wherever I want.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had pretty good luck with Gamecenter instead of Center Ice. I used Center Ice while I was in California for a year, but switched over to Gamecenter since I've been in NC. Gives me the freedom to watch on more than just my primary TV. I have my desktop hooked up to a different TV or I can watch on my ipad. Planning on getting an ipad-to-TV connection if those exist so I can really watch on whatever, wherever I want.

Very cool. I may look into this. Are the prices about the same?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool. I may look into this. Are the prices about the same?

ya, I think they're both $150ish. I remember checking when I switched and they were the same price.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Had a lot of fun with GameCenter last night, was able to go to the bar and watch all the hockey I wanted.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking about getting game center this time - I usually have gotten Center Ice but I'd like to try Game Center since you can watch on different formats and get the home and road broadcast - Center Ice doesn't always give you both home and away feeds

I might buy that Roku streaming player and put the USB into the TV - they have an NHL GC app on the streaming player that you can use for it - I think the streaming player is 99.99(it was 89.99 on sale a few days ago, might still be that price now) on the Roku website

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about getting game center this time - I usually have gotten Center Ice but I'd like to try Game Center since you can watch on different formats and get the home and road broadcast - Center Ice doesn't always give you both home and away feeds

I might buy that Roku streaming player and put the USB into the TV - they have an NHL GC app on the streaming player that you can use for it - I think the streaming player is 99.99(it was 89.99 on sale a few days ago, might still be that price now) on the Roku website

I don't have much experience with GameCenter (been subscribing to Center Ice the past few years), but I really enjoyed having it last night. Was really cool to have the Habs vs Leafs game on my phone while they played the Flyers vs Bruins at the bar. Both games were fantastic, lots of high drama, didn't miss any of it. Really awesome. Also, on nights like these you could watch 4 games on each device at the same time, so I'll have the Ducks vs Penguins on the tv, and a bunch of other games on my iPad, iPhone, & laptop. Glad I made the switch.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much a must-win game. The forwards for the Devils average over 5 years older than our forwards. That's AVERAGE!! I'd be embarrassed if we lost to this team on home ice, especially while they no longer have Brodeur.

We can at least have some solace in the fact that the team we lost to last night will probably win the conference. Tonight is a different story.

Last edited by a moderator: