• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 10 - Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning(10-30-14): 7:30pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
161.gif
vs.
97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

Game Time: 7:30pm EST
Channel: CSN-PH
Venue: Amalie Arena

Links:
Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning - 10/30/2014

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason the Flyers never seem to play well against TB. I'd like to see another performance tonight like they did versus the Kings. Should be another entertaining game. TB has a ton of scorers on their roster. No Callahan but as long as they have Stamkos, look out.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Manning is in with Schenn tonight and Ghost is sitting. Surprised with the game in Florida and I hope he gets to play against the Panthers. Manning is 25 lbs bigger so I wonder if they think he is a better match up?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason the Flyers never seem to play well against TB. I'd like to see another performance tonight like they did versus the Kings. Should be another entertaining game. TB has a ton of scorers on their roster. No Callahan but as long as they have Stamkos, look out.

Yeah they haven't won in Tampa in over 3 1/2 years - they need to get a win there

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please move your feet and we play well. Keep it rolling boys!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Manning is in with Schenn tonight and Ghost is sitting. Surprised with the game in Florida and I hope he gets to play against the Panthers. Manning is 25 lbs bigger so I wonder if they think he is a better match up?

No it's not a better matchup - this is dumb because if they want size in the lineup, you don't do it against a fast team like Tampa

Hexy needs to step in and keep Chief from doing this stupidity - if Ghost is going to be a healthy scratch here then he needs to go back to the AHL immediately, he can't be sitting whatsoever, he needs to play every game no matter which league he's in

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not a better matchup - this is dumb because if they want size in the lineup, you don't do it against a fast team like Tampa

Hexy needs to step in and keep Chief from doing this stupidity - if Ghost is going to be a healthy scratch here then he needs to go back to the AHL immediately, he can't be sitting whatsoever, he needs to play every game no matter which league he's in

Gotta take 7 dmen on the road in case someone gets hurt, Manning gets the nod against a highly offensive team like the Lightning. I'd rather have Manning out there trying to defend them than Ghost. This makes sense to me.

And it's also why Hexy keeps preaching that the young guys need to stay in the minors. Ghost should be playing 18-20 minutes a night, on the PP, and in a position where he's expected to contribute offensively. That is the role he'll have in the NHL and it's what he should be practicing. Playing 10-12 minutes on the 3rd pair in the NHL doesn't provide the same growth that his AHL role would provide. But sometimes injuries force your hand.

I'm also sure Hexy and Berube discussed how they were going to handle the lineup while they were in Florida prior to making callups / announcing lineups.

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is part of the article. I also read somewhere that Ghost expects to be sent down soon. I have not watched Tampa so I don't know whether they are more physical than the Kings. I do think Ghost needs to hit the weight room. He has some sick skills, but he does get pushed around because he is giving up so much weight. I always thought Timonen was a little undersized but was an excellent defender that relied on positioning vs. size. He went 190. Ghost is 20 lbs. lighter. Anyway, its Manning tonight.

TAMPA _ Defenseman Brandon Manning will replace Shayne Gostisbehere when the Flyers play in Tampa Bay on Thursday night.

The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Manning gives the Flyers more physicality than the 5-11, 170-pound Gostisbehere.

"That was part of it, but again, I'm cautious with Ghost. (He's a) young guy and I want to be careful with him," coach Craig Berube said after the morning skate. "That's a big part of the process of developing these players. It's nothing Ghost did. To me, it's the best fit for tonight's game."

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta take 7 dmen on the road in case someone gets hurt, Manning gets the nod against a highly offensive team like the Lightning. I'd rather have Manning out there trying to defend them than Ghost. This makes sense to me.

And it's also why Hexy keeps preaching that the young guys need to stay in the minors. Ghost should be playing 18-20 minutes a night, on the PP, and in a position where he's expected to contribute offensively. That is the role he'll have in the NHL and it's what he should be practicing. Playing 10-12 minutes on the 3rd pair in the NHL doesn't provide the same growth that his AHL role would provide. But sometimes injuries force your hand.

I'm also sure Hexy and Berube discussed how they were going to handle the lineup while they were in Florida prior to making callups / announcing lineups.

Yeah he's only played 10-12 minutes but my point is, if you're going start scratching him in the NHL then just send him back down and call up a guy like Mark Alt or whatever for the time being - he should be playing every possible game and not sitting, it's not like he's even played many AHL games either, so he should getting experience in every situation

I don't mind them playing him only 10-12 minutes because I think they're playing really good teams right now so that alone is a test for him, but if you're scratching him already, just send him back down

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's only played 10-12 minutes but my point is, if you're going start scratching him in the NHL then just send him back down and call up a guy like Mark Alt or whatever for the time being - he should be playing every possible game and not sitting, it's not like he's even played many AHL games either, so he should getting experience in every situation

I don't mind them playing him only 10-12 minutes because I think they're playing really good teams right now so that alone is a test for him, but if you're scratching him already, just send him back down

Oh ya, I agree with you. If he's just going to be a healthy scratch on a nightly basis, send him down. And I expect they'll do that. I just think this is more of an isolated incident.

I would expect Ghost will play against the Panthers and then when the Flyers return to Philly next week, Manning or Ghost will be sent down and the other will play in the home stand. Unfortunately Alt got hurt over the weekend, so they wouldn't have the option to go with Manning and Alt as 6/7 this weekend. The Phantoms are running out of d-men too haha.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya, I agree with you. If he's just going to be a healthy scratch on a nightly basis, send him down. And I expect they'll do that. I just think this is more of an isolated incident.

I would expect Ghost will play against the Panthers and then when the Flyers return to Philly next week, Manning or Ghost will be sent down and the other will play in the home stand.

Yep and also, after the end of next week, the Flyers have five days off so they'll have time to think about what they're going to do there, and then maybe a week or so after that, A-Mac and Coby will return

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alt has an injured shoulder and that's why Manning is up. I suspect 7 dmen for road and 6 when home. Cant let Ghost, Manning or Alt sit for extended time as #7. Phantoms are close enough for 6 at home.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and also, after the end of next week, the Flyers have five days off so they'll have time to think about what they're going to do there, and then maybe a week or so after that, A-Mac and Coby will return

Ugh. While that is likely good for the team, that really reduces my daily entertainment! :gaah:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on the starter?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning take a 1-0 lead, let's get this back!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no shots on goal in 4 minutes. I wonder why it takes the Flyers so long to get a shot on goal.