• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 - Sharks @ Kings - 7pm

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season will not be pretty :gaah:
Lets Go Sharks!?!?!?!?! :horn:

or at least act like you give a shit!

Attachments

• images-2-picsay.jpg
    images-2-picsay.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 84

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why one facepalm when two are available?

double-facepalm.jpg

Honestly - we have 80 some odd games before we really need to start worrying about anything. GO SHARKS!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If anyone on this team has any balls...they'll run Doughty the first chance they get...and hard.
You can't let what he said last season just go without a response.
I highly doubt it happens, but needs to.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Doughty say? I stopped listening to anything Sharks related exactly 2 seconds after game #7 ended.

Generally, winners get bragging rights, though. Especially when you come back from a 3-0 hole to take the series.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was the quote below, I dunno if "a run" at Doughty proves anything other than we stick up for ourselves when it doesn't matter. Makes the team look more like chumps to me. Winning in dominant fashion would be the best reply.

"You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back. So we don't want to give these guys any life."

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was the quote below, I dunno if "a run" at Doughty proves anything other than we stick up for ourselves when it doesn't matter. Makes the team look more like chumps to me. Winning in dominant fashion would be the best reply.

"You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back. So we don't want to give these guys any life."

Kings will probably lose tonight. First game after getting rings and putting up a banner has many times been a loss. Kings really don't need to worry about the regular season anyways. Where ever they finish will be enough to get in and then they will be the difficult out again like last year.

Also, due to the stupid new playoff format, I guess we are pretty much guaranteed to be playing Anaheim or LA in the 1st round already. Nice to know who your likely playoff opponent will be before the season even starts. Takes all the drama out of the regular season.

Good news for the Sharks: they get to fatten up on Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Phoenix (er Arizona) in their division. Tough to be in that Central Division. They will eat each other up. Poor Winnipeg.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening night on a new season. I don't care about last year and I'm not thinking any further than tonight.

LET'S GO SHARKS!!!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boy if that high cycle with Burnsie and Thornton on that pp is any indicator of things to come, burns is going to hit 20 goals easy this year

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Sharks have really brought their "A" game tonight. Props guys.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what I thought would happen. Classic lift the banner night. 30 minute shit show before the game treating them all like supermen. No need to give an effort in the game as the egos must have been sky high after that circus. Seen it before. The other team sits in the locker saying wtf. Thanks to scheduler for sending the Sharks to LA for Game 1. They need road victories too. 16 of 21 on the road to start the season. Get through that around .500 and they might be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mueller has wheels, I like his mobility. I don't expect a ton from him this season. Mostly I hope he gets his feet wet and keeps progressing as the season goes on.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well cant complain about the start however as last season the kings proved its not about how you start but how you finsih

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mueller has wheels, I like his mobility. I don't expect a ton from him this season. Mostly I hope he gets his feet wet and keeps progressing as the season goes on.

When Mueller starts putting on some muscle mass hes going to be a beast, his gap control and stick work is right up there with Vlasic already

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, due to the stupid new playoff format, I guess we are pretty much guaranteed to be playing Anaheim or LA in the 1st round already. Nice to know who your likely playoff opponent will be before the season even starts. Takes all the drama out of the regular season.

^^^This!^^^

I don't know asshat came up with this idea but it really does take the steam out of the end of the regular season. Probably the worst idea since the "flashy blue puck" idea.