• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 - Sharks @ Kings - 7pm

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This!^^^

I don't know asshat came up with this idea but it really does take the steam out of the end of the regular season. Probably the worst idea since the "flashy blue puck" idea.

Yup. Most likely Sharks vs LA in the first round again. Anaheim vs Dallas/Nashville/Arizona, Chicago vs Colorado, St. Louis vs Minnesota. Might as well start the playoffs now. We'll see how close I come at the end of the season.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sadly, I missed the game last night but it sounded pretty good. Its a good thing they came out well, because you can only imagine the stories in the Merc if the score was reversed after the summer of shame.

From what I saw, Mueller looks real smooth. To be honest, jettisoning boyle and stuart could be addition by subtraction since both were becoming defensive liabilities and neither was making up for it on the Offensive end.

I still dont know how they are going to score much when your bottom lines have Desi, Brown, Burish, Tierney, and Mcginn. Thats nearly half your forwards who basically can be counted on for nothing barring an unexpected breakout year for someone. The D has burns but that's pretty much the only real goal scoring threat there. That means its the top 7 that will have score multiple goals every game to have a chance to win. When you are counting on jumbo and patty to play that large a role every night at their age, it's a tall task...

nice start to the year, and I obviously hope they can rattle off a few to start the year, but it's gunna be very tough sledding...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sadly, I missed the game last night but it sounded pretty good. Its a good thing they came out well, because you can only imagine the stories in the Merc if the score was reversed after the summer of shame.

From what I saw, Mueller looks real smooth. To be honest, jettisoning boyle and stuart could be addition by subtraction since both were becoming defensive liabilities and neither was making up for it on the Offensive end.

I still dont know how they are going to score much when your bottom lines have Desi, Brown, Burish, Tierney, and Mcginn. Thats nearly half your forwards who basically can be counted on for nothing barring an unexpected breakout year for someone. The D has burns but that's pretty much the only real goal scoring threat there. That means its the top 7 that will have score multiple goals every game to have a chance to win. When you are counting on jumbo and patty to play that large a role every night at their age, it's a tall task...

nice start to the year, and I obviously hope they can rattle off a few to start the year, but it's gunna be very tough sledding...

I wouldn't add Tierney as a detriment to the bottom six. The kid has more talent then anyone in the bottom six including Wingels. When he's healthy I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Goodrow's nose for the net as well.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't add Tierney as a detriment to the bottom six. The kid has more talent then anyone in the bottom six including Wingels. When he's healthy I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Goodrow's nose for the net as well.

Yeah Tierny brings an Interesting skill set to the Sharks. Just watching him last night he is outstanding at shooting through gaps to get a break/towards the net. Not afraid to drive to the net and he can play an east west game with a ton of speed to burn. Seems a bit undersized though

I think on a team that lacked depth he could be a serviceable 2nd liner but I think he will thrive and excel on the 3rd line in San jose

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Tierny brings an Interesting skill set to the Sharks. Just watching him last night he is outstanding at shooting through gaps to get a break/towards the net. Not afraid to drive to the net and he can play an east west game with a ton of speed to burn. Seems a bit undersized though

I think on a team that lacked depth he could be a serviceable 2nd liner but I think he will thrive and excel on the 3rd line in San jose

My only concern with him is faceoffs. He needs a lot of work in that area.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Im pleasantly surprized by the name Barclay Goodrow... It just sounds like a tastey candy bar or icecream treat to me haha

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When Mueller starts putting on some muscle mass hes going to be a beast, his gap control and stick work is right up there with Vlasic already

He had a nice hit on Dustin Brown against the boards...and it took Brown a while to get up. That's always nice to see.
I agree that last season is over too.....let's see what happens this season. Sharks still have quite a few younger players that should just continue to get better.
I like what Darryl Sutter said about last season....he have his team credit for coming back, but said there really is not much difference between LA-Sharks-Ducks, and that any of them could have won it. That's true...the difference between winning and losing in this league is very slim.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with how the Sharks have played the first two.