• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gainesville or Knoxville ?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the dumb in your avatar continues.

If you were even half ass informed, you'd know that Riley was hired within 4 days of Pelini getting fired. There was no coaching search period. AD Eichorst (who has been fired) ran into him in the L.A. airport and offered him the job.
Except the mistakes still continue because Riley is still the head coach of your football program. Meanwhile, Florida and Tennessee are contacting coaches.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the mistakes still continue because Riley is still the head coach of your football program. Meanwhile, Florida and Tennessee are contacting coaches.

If you had actually read this thread or many other places you would have seen that Nebraska has already been making contacts behind the scenes. The “they waited to long” arguement has already been proven wrong multiple times in this thread.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had actually read this thread or many other places you would have seen that Nebraska has already been making contacts behind the scenes. The “they waited to long” arguement has already been proven wrong multiple times in this thread.
It sounds to me like the rumors of contact are fan driven and not reality based. Just this week our AD came out and said Riley deserves a shot to finish out the season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't think the new AD at Nebraska is talking to agents?

LOL Go away dummy.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think the new AD at Nebraska is talking to agents?

LOL Go away dummy.
I think the ability to lead a coaching search is significantly easier when you aren't currently employing a football head coach. So if those things are happening, they are dampened because they currently have a head coach under contract. And more to the point, even if those things are happening -- I still don't think Nebraska has the ability to land a top coaching prospect and will either have to find a diamond in the rough with a coordinator, or hire Riley 2.0.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds to me like the rumors of contact are fan driven and not reality based. Just this week our AD came out and said Riley deserves a shot to finish out the season.

Brady Hoke was allowed to finish out the season too.

LOL. Go away, dummy.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Go away, dummy.
Yeah, but that was very obviously because Harbaugh came out publically and said that he wanted to finish the NFL season. Nebraska doesn't have a Jim Harbaugh.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ability to lead a coaching search is significantly easier when you aren't currently employing a football head coach. So if those things are happening, they are dampened because they currently have a head coach under contract. And more to the point, even if those things are happening -- I still don't think Nebraska has the ability to land a top coaching prospect and will either have to find a diamond in the rough with a coordinator, or hire Riley 2.0.

November 25th 2016: Charlie Strong last game at tejas. (Finished regular season).
November 25th 2016: Tom Herman last game at Houston. (Finished regular season).
November 27th 2016: Tom Herman announced as head coach of tejas.

LOL. Go away dummy.

2017-0718-Big12MD-TomHerman.jpg

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Go away, dummy.

Nebraska has a great football tradition ... I do not see them dying out anytime soon. There are four major teams (that I can think of off the top of my head) that are going to be on an upward spiral. Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida and Texas is just a step ahead. To think these universities will not attract a top notch coach and top recruits is just foolish. Whereas, I look forward to Michigan being two steps ahead in their return to dominance ... I can hear these other teams breathing down our neck.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 25th 2016: Charlie Strong last game at tejas. (Finished regular season).
November 25th 2016: Tom Herman last game at Houston. (Finished regular season).
November 27th 2016: Tom Herman announced as head coach of tejas.

LOL. Go away dummy.

View attachment 169378
Except everyone knew that was happening and pretty pre-determined.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that was very obviously because Harbaugh came out publically and said that he wanted to finish the NFL season. Nebraska doesn't have a Jim Harbaugh.

"Yeah, but" Nebraska's next coach will be finishing their regular season as well.

Go away, dummy.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it's set. Kelly is coming to FL and bringing an NFL DC.

He was the obvious choice. If there's anymore failure at UF, it needs to be a surprise. No more taking chances on unproven quantities in the big leagues.

Kelly will be a good fit at Florida IMO. The dude can put the X' s and O's together.
I don't believe it was their first choice though.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly will be a good fit at Florida IMO. The dude can put the X' s and O's together.
I don't believe it was their first choice though.

O'Rly? Frost was far from their 1st choice. So, who then?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has a great football tradition ... I do not see them dying out anytime soon. There are four major teams (that I can think of off the top of my head) that are going to be on an upward spiral. Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida and Texas is just a step ahead. To think these universities will not attract a top notch coach and top recruits is just foolish. Whereas, I look forward to Michigan being two steps ahead in their return to dominance ... I can hear these other teams breathing down our neck.

Yeah, those schools are not going to stop pursuing the New Years 6 bowls and potential CFP. If a coach is not getting them there in 4-5 years they are goners. Losing seasons after 3 is completely unacceptable.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it's set. Kelly is coming to FL and bringing an NFL DC.

He was the obvious choice. If there's anymore failure at UF, it needs to be a surprise. No more taking chances on unproven quantities in the big leagues.
Florida football: Hiring Chip Kelly would represent shift in coaching search ideology
Spurrier was on the Buddy Martin Radio Show and said he believes the Gators will have “an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks.” He went on to add: “The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably, I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend, and through the end of the season, and maybe through the bowl game.”

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except everyone knew that was happening and pretty pre-determined.

Apparently everyone (but you) knows Nebraska fired the AD that hired Riley and is pursuing other coaches.

LOL. Go away dummy.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yeah, but" Nebraska's next coach will be finishing their regular season as well.

Go away, dummy.
Except there's no obvious choice to fill that position. When both Texas and Michigan were ending their previous coach's seasons, it was very obvious who the primary choice was going to be.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the next dumb post from maizeandblew.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently everyone (but you) knows Nebraska fired the AD that hired Riley and is pursuing other coaches.

LOL. Go away dummy.
Your comment makes no sense. You commented on the Texas situation, I commented and said it was obvious that Texas was going after Herman, well before they fired Strong. You state I didn't know Nebraska fired their previous AD (which I did know)? How are those comments connected?

Nebraska's new AD has no obvious choice that has any connection to the program. So the situations are totally different.