• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G5 1-1-2 Kings @ Still the 1993 Cup Cheating Team

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day again, 4pm on BSW and last one on this 5 game trip. The Kings will have been on the road for 18 days I believe and traveled 6600 miles when they arrive back in LA for a hot minute and then two more "road" games against Anaheim on the 20th and Vegas on the 22nd. Hard to believe their home opener will be on the 24th against SJ. I'll miss it as Ms Puck II suckered me into taking her to Parker McCollum at the Puddle.

Rittich likely to get the start today, Jill stated he didn't pull him due to performance but to manage his workload. Huh? Dude rode Talbot into the ground and started off the same way with Kuemper, I think he should have been pulled after the fourth goal latest in the Shit Show of Ottawa. Interesting to hear those words out of his mouth.

No real lineup changes from yesterday although Thomas and Spence may be inserted in. Turcotte had a strong game yesterday, it's interesting to see how little ice time he gets. Hiller said he was one of the best players yesterday, I'd like to see him get some PP time and see what he can do but being a B6 players he may not get that. If Spence goes in and with Edmundson still in LA, I expect Jones to be scratched.

The middle of the ice, entry with possession and gap control are glaring areas for me - the Kings are rolling out the red carpet for opposing teams, may as well start getting mail delivered in the defensive zone they are getting in there so much. The team looks completely disjointed, like they've never played together before. That needs to be fixed stat. Panic time isn't here yet after 4 games, but by G10 if this is still happening, there is a serious problem with the system, players or both.

Buster apparently hurt his finger and his status is unknown but Hiller is supposed to address the media at 245pm so there may be an update in an hour. I don't know if the pressure of that new deal is on him, the pressure of having his own line now or what but he has been a complete non factor in all four games. Need to get him going along with others like Foegle.

Prediction: Kings 4-3 SO win. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but they are due on this trip and went 2-0 against the Habs last season.

Let's Go Kings!

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good start and yet still down 1-0. Are the Kings the only team that wrap around goals work on????

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-4

Goals by who cares and probably doesn't matter matter

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good start and yet still down 1-0. Are the Kings the only team that wrap around goals work on????

Sure seems that way. Right skate wasn't anchored against the post, soft goal to give up. Would like to see the Kings tie this up before the intermission, playing a lot better than the last 2 games.

Buster moved back to LW1 with Kopitar and Kempe, may not be ready for C duties.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll take it after the last two debacles, but Rittich looks like he's fighting the puck. Hope that doesn't burn them.

Anderson with the goal, half his quota for the year complete.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got home half way through 1st Period. Just saw the replay of the Habs first goal.....another example of Anderson not being strong enough to stand in front of the net, just got shoved out of the area and wasnt able to cover home plate in front of Rittich. I know certain people in and around the Kings love the guy, but I'm in the camp that sees him constantly being pushed around and knocked off the puck. Sure he got the equalizer, but on a legit team, he's a 3rd pairing...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suzuki sent him into next week with that shove for sure. I don't think he is overly physical although 2 years ago he seemed to play a little hostile against Edmonton in the POs but generally speaking he is positional and not physical. But I'd certainly like to see him lay the wood to someone in front of the net as part of his overall game.

Laferriere 2-1, this kid is something. I think he's going to be a big part of this club for some time and arguably the best pick since Blake took over.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suzuki sent him into next week with that shove for sure. I don't think he is overly physical although 2 years ago he seemed to play a little hostile against Edmonton in the POs but generally speaking he is positional and not physical. But I'd certainly like to see him lay the wood to someone in front of the net as part of his overall game.

Laferriere 2-1, this kid is something. I think he's going to be a big part of this club for some time and arguably the best pick since Blake took over.
Get that Anderson relies on being positionally sound vs being physical. Guess he can be an irritating player, but just seems like his lack of strength, especially along the boards and when it comes to battling positions against opposing players has become an all too frequent sight imo...

Laffy definitely having a strong start to the season. Nice to see Turcotte seemingly gaining confidence the more he's playing. But I'm with you, WHERE THE F@*× IS BUSTER!?!?

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ok with Anderson as a 3rd pairing, he is just a dman....i dont expect much either way from him really but would rather him than our tiny no d at all guys

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it away here on this PP

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win is a win, they needed to end this EC swing strong: beat a shit Buffalo team, played Boston hard but lost in SO, defensive disaster in Ottawa and TO, aolid road game in this one.

Played better but room for improvement, take a nap on that flight home. Bet their beds will feel great.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would have told me that they would get 6 out of a possible 10pts on this trip, i would have taken it.