• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FWIW

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah Keri on National League Hot Stove needs - Grantland

The Giants part is of interest of course, and to this cat the Dbacks will be very tough again. The author won't be getting his 'Belt playing every day' suggestion, at least not at first. Not sure how I feel about his crack on Franchez. He's not totally wrong there....

And for completists, here's the AL:

Jonah Keri on American League Hot Stove needs - Grantland

Just more winter doldrums opinionating to share.

Remember what Papa msgkings always says, "Nobody knows nuthin' ". NKN.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah Keri on National League Hot Stove needs - Grantland

The Giants part is of interest of course, and to this cat the Dbacks will be very tough again. The author won't be getting his 'Belt playing every day' suggestion, at least not at first. Not sure how I feel about his crack on Franchez. He's not totally wrong there....

And for completists, here's the AL:

Jonah Keri on American League Hot Stove needs - Grantland

Just more winter doldrums opinionating to share.

Remember what Papa msgkings always says, "Nobody knows nuthin' ". NKN.

How can anyone purport to know what they are talking about and then mention the G's offense last year without making a LARGER point about the injuries?

Losing Posey for 4 months, Franchez for 3 months, Panda for 1 month, Nate for a month, Wilson for a month, and towers at the start with a hammy would have crippled the '94 Giants offense.

Granted (pun FULLY intended), huff could have been foreseen with his up-down trends and signing E6 was a bit of a stretch. But without the constant barage of gut-wrenching injuries, the G's run away with the division. Pure and simple.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great catch, msg. Thanks.

Who thinks that losing Juan Uribe was critical last year?

Bueller? Bueller?

56 OPS+ and minus 0.1 WAR.....yikes....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anyone purport to know what they are talking about and then mention the G's offense last year without making a LARGER point about the injuries?

Losing Posey for 4 months, Franchez for 3 months, Panda for 1 month, Nate for a month, Wilson for a month, and towers at the start with a hammy would have crippled the '94 Giants offense.

Granted (pun FULLY intended), huff could have been foreseen with his up-down trends and signing E6 was a bit of a stretch. But without the constant barage of gut-wrenching injuries, the G's run away with the division. Pure and simple.

Agreed, he elided the injuries, but not sure we'd have 'run away with it'. Posey is the only freak injury that really killed us. All teams have some injuries to overcome, the Dbacks for example lost Drew for the year about halfway in.

If we had had a 'normal' DL year, I think we'd have won the division but not in a runaway.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

Jonah reveals himself as a dilettante observer with this phrase:

Freddy Sanchez isn't much of a hitter anymore, and Brandon Crawford has never hit, and probably never will.

That's just toolish douchebaggery.

I do NOT heart Jonah Keri.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Jonah reveals himself as a dilettante observer with this phrase:

Freddy Sanchez isn't much of a hitter anymore, and Brandon Crawford has never hit, and probably never will.

That's just toolish douchebaggery.

I do NOT heart Jonah Keri.

Jonah HILL, on the other hand... :kev:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Beane's right hand Hebrew?

Love that guy.

I don't know why, but I felt the need to double check Mr. "Hill"'s religious affiliation prior to posting. Turns out his actual last name is Feldstein, so that definitely ended any doubt. Did you know his dad was an accountant for Guns 'n Roses?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, but I felt the need to double check Mr. "Hill"'s religious affiliation prior to posting. Turns out his actual last name is Feldstein, so that definitely ended any doubt. Did you know his dad was an accountant for Guns 'n Roses?

Jew or Not Jew: Jonah Hill

KingsOwn19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wonder why the guy is so down on Freddy Sanchez.

The only reason we may need another second baseman is because Sanchez is injury prone, not because he does not get the job done offensively and defensively. The guy has become incredibly underrated.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why the guy is so down on Freddy Sanchez.

The only reason we may need another second baseman is because Sanchez is injury prone, not because he does not get the job done offensively and defensively. The guy has become incredibly underrated.

I was wondering about that too, takes away from his credibility.

Last night on the radio Marty Lurie speculated that if they don't get any more bats we might actually see Huff in LF and Belt and Pill platoon 1B.

That is...a problem, if true.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering about that too, takes away from his credibility.

Last night on the radio Marty Lurie speculated that if they don't get any more bats we might actually see Huff in LF and Belt and Pill platoon 1B.

That is...a problem, if true.

Yeah. Much rather see the Baby Giraffe roam LF (if no Beltran, of course).

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Much rather see the Baby Giraffe roam LF (if no Beltran, of course).

agree 100%

Rather see Huff at 1B with Pill in the wings if Huff looks like his 2011 version again ... just don't want a Rowan 2.0 where it's almost impossible to not play him because we're paying him a fortune

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be BEYOND shocked if Huff puffs again this year. This is an even year AND a contract year. He is (by most accounts, at least) a solid guy who will WANT to make the turn around.

He tasted success and celebrated too much for it. He will bounce back.

As for him playing LF, I do not see it happening. If he is in the lineup, he will be at 1B.

Belt LF / Huff 1B
Belt LF / Pill 1B
Belt 1B / Ross (read, "other OF") LF
Pill LF / Huff 1B
Pill 1B / Ross LF
Huff 1B / Ross LF

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be BEYOND shocked if Huff puffs again this year. This is an even year AND a contract year. He is (by most accounts, at least) a solid guy who will WANT to make the turn around.

He tasted success and celebrated too much for it. He will bounce back.

As for him playing LF, I do not see it happening. If he is in the lineup, he will be at 1B.

Belt LF / Huff 1B
Belt LF / Pill 1B
Belt 1B / Ross (read, "other OF") LF
Pill LF / Huff 1B
Pill 1B / Ross LF
Huff 1B / Ross LF

I doubt we'll be seeing Pill in LF, and rarely will we see Huff there either. Mostly, cuz it's CarBeland.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we'll be seeing Pill in LF, and rarely will we see Huff there either. Mostly, cuz it's CarBeland.

Man, you are gonna need extra Hamantaschen and challah to ease the pain when we don't get him.