• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fumble out of bounds in the end zone

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every fumble recovery is a lucky bounce. Recovering fumbles has proven to be a matter of luck, not skill.

thats why id say any fumble out of bounds should be a turnover. Give the defense something in this gif forsaken anti defense league.
Sorry to @dtgold88 It was Q with the stupid idea.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be summarized as:
-Some think the rule sucks.
-Some think it is fine because it rarely happens.
-And others prefer potato salad with a lot of bacon.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be summarized as:
-Some think the rule sucks.
-Some think it is fine because it rarely happens, and both teams play by the same rule.
-And others prefer potato salad with a lot of bacon.
FIFY

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any fumble, you get the ball back where either you regain possession or where it goes out of bounds... if it is fumbled in the endzone, and goes out of bounds there is no actual yard spot to put the ball back on as it is a negative yard on the field... you cant get the ball back, because again, there is no place to put the ball... so the other team HAS to get the ball...

it is not a penalty at all... and not harsh at all... I mean, getting a TD is very easy when it comes to carry over rules... once it crosses, it is a TD...

Nah.

It is a bad rule.

It is a gift of a turnover.

The defense needs to actually recover the fumble in order to get the ball back. The logic behind the rule is very flawed.

So make a new one!

If a kickoff goes out of bounds the reviving team gets the ball at the 40. That is pretty arbitrary. Whatever arbitrary spot you want to give the ball to the offense is fine, but the ball really needs to stay with the offense in this case.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a horrible rule, always has been. especially when players are obviously stretching out for the TD. if it goes out of bounds, the ball should be placed at the spot of the fumble and stay with the offense.

the NFL has plenty of shit rules though. the "uncatchable" flag pick up for interference. WHY? it doesn't change the fact dude interfered with him. how many times have we've seen a pointless offensive hold away from the play negate a huge gain? do they go.. "OH, THE HOLD WAS ACROSS THE FIELD AND DIDN'T IMPACT THE PLAY, NO FOUL."

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the offense screws up at the goal line and should get the ball back because of other types of fumbles? The defenses in this league are already handcuffed with so many rules that favor the offenses but lets help out the offense some more on their own screwups.
The rule should just be the same at that spot as it is everywhere else on the field. Shouldn't have to put in a special amendment to the rule just because of the goal line. If you want to start helping defenses out again, that is fine, but you should make it consistent from one side of the field to the other.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule should just be the same at that spot as it is everywhere else on the field. Shouldn't have to put in a special amendment to the rule just because of the goal line. If you want to start helping defenses out again, that is fine, but you should make it consistent from one side of the field to the other.
Difference is the EZ is no longer neutral territory.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only rule that isn't pro offense. I don't mind keeping it. Everywhere else, the NFL is totally geared for the offense, whether that be rules protecting the QB, pass interference, and holding no longer being called.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How would you spot the ball if it rolled out of the EZ?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support this. Maybe Dallas (and GB) can actually score TD's instead of settling for FG's.

Too soon on the GB comment?????
Seahawks would have had multiple 16-0 records during the Dave Krieg era.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like Krieg. He was a very good QB on not very good teams.
And the teams that were good always found a way to screw up the last game or two to miss out on the playoffs. Always seemed like the Hawks were always missing that one piece to get them over the hump more times than not.