• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU's Blackmon enters transfer portal

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU QB James Blackman enters name in NCAA transfer portal

Florida State quarterback James Blackman has started the process of putting his name in the NCAA transfer portal, a source told Noles247.

Blackman, a redshirt sophomore, started 12 games as a true freshman in 2017 following an injury to Deondre Francois. He also started one game this season in his first year under Willie Taggart, earning ACC quarterback of the week honors for his performance against N.C. State (431 yards and 4 touchdowns). He's expected to be a commodity once he enters the transfer market. The source told Noles247 that Blackman filed to enter the transfer portal on Wednesday, but it could take up to 48 hours for his name to show up in the portal.

The transfer portal allows a player to explore his options at other programs by talking to coaches without penalty. It is essentially a database that lets other teams know that you are available to transfer. A player can always withdraw his name at any time as well. Entering your name does not mean you intend to transfer, but it does allow a player to test the waters and communicate with coaches from other programs.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must still be high on Francois after his electric 15TD/12INT performance this past season

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michael-jackson-memes-pipoca.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t really care here. Not going to matter anyway unless Willie gets an Oline that can protect the QB

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t really care here. Not going to matter anyway unless Willie gets an Oline that can protect the QB

This! But Briles will give you guys an offense where average Olineman will thrive. Baylor never had good Olineman but his system just needs average guys

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! But Briles will give you guys an offense where average Olineman will thrive. Baylor never had good Olineman but his system just needs average guys

An average OL would be an upgrade over what FSU had last year. Fisher & Trickett left them with an absolute dumpster fire of an OL room. People can fault Taggart all they want, there was absolutely nothing he could do last season that would have made that OL better.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you Jesus

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An average OL would be an upgrade over what FSU had last year. Fisher & Trickett left them with an absolute dumpster fire of an OL room. People can fault Taggart all they want, there was absolutely nothing he could do last season that would have made that OL better.

Baylor consistently had, 2 and 3 star lineman. Briles system, just needs, less then 2 seconds and wide splits where a RB can run through. FSU will score a lot of points and yardage, with Briles. Even with a bad Oline at FSU, these guys will be the most talented, Briles has coached.

He figured out how to run the ball without a QB, in that bowl game. I think they still scored 50 points.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must still be high on Francois after his electric 15TD/12INT performance this past season
They could've had Tua back there and it wouldn't have mattered. That team was a disaster from the top down.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor consistently had, 2 and 3 star lineman. Briles system, just needs, less then 2 seconds and wide splits where a RB can run through. FSU will score a lot of points and yardage, with Briles. Even with a bad Oline at FSU, these guys will be the most talented, Briles has coached.

He figured out how to run the ball without a QB, in that bowl game. I think they still scored 50 points.
Yep. Were down to the 4th QB IIRC. Ran something similar to the old single wing in that bowl game with an RB at QB.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could've had Tua back there and it wouldn't have mattered. That team was a disaster from the top down.

I think it was mostly the OL. Francois looked really good his first year as a starter when the OL was barely passable but took a ton of nasty hits.

FSU's defense actually gave up less yards per play than Florida, Auburn, Kentucky, and BC.(31st nationally)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was mostly the OL. Francois looked really good his first year as a starter when the OL was barely passable but took a ton of nasty hits.

FSU's defense actually gave up less yards per play than Florida, Auburn, Kentucky, and BC.(31st nationally)
You're right, that's fair. FSU's defense wasn't bad. They weren't elite, but they were definitely not bad. Offensively, I guess it's just hard to understand with the RB talent they have, their OL must've just been abysmal.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, that's fair. FSU's defense wasn't bad. They weren't elite, but they were definitely not bad. Offensively, I guess it's just hard to understand with the RB talent they have, their OL must've just been abysmal.

Abysmal would be a compliment. Their OL has been on a downward slide for a while now. Francois took an absolute beating his first year as a starter, and it got worse the next year with Blackmon. There were hits that skinny kid took that I thought had broke him in half. It's part attrition, part failure to develop, and part outdated scheme they were playing under Fisher and Trickett IMO. Worst part of it is there's no quick fix.

DaboAppeal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abysmal would be a compliment. Their OL has been on a downward slide for a while now. Francois took an absolute beating his first year as a starter, and it got worse the next year with Blackmon. There were hits that skinny kid took that I thought had broke him in half. It's part attrition, part failure to develop, and part outdated scheme they were playing under Fisher and Trickett IMO. Worst part of it is there's no quick fix.

According to S&P advanced metrics they have the worst OL in Div. 1 and the eye test agrees with it.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to S&P advanced metrics they have the worst OL in Div. 1 and the eye test agrees with it.

We call it the Maginole Line. Its just about as effective.