• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frozen Fury XV Report

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a fun game for Kings fans. I'm not sure if our Kings are really that good or the Rangers are really that bad but the Kings completely dominated that game. Maybe it was the long trip from the east coast that had them looking so slow. They could have been just tired I guess. I have no idea what the official stats say about scoring chances but I wouldn't have given New York more than 3 or 4 for the whole game. Quick was solid and he didn't have to be super. Team played great defense in front of him. Kopitar, Williams and Carter look to me like they are in regular season form already. All three had a great game. And I have to add Willie Mitchell in as looking ready to go for the season. He was a rock on D.

Interesting thing I noticed was that the Kings had 3 A's in the game with Brown out but they were Kopitar, Carter and Doughty. And Green was playing. Did I miss something and Doughty get Green's A? Something to look into during the season. I'm not sure if any of the youngsters are going to make the opening night squad. Frattin looks right at home playing on the second line. King looked very good up on the first line but I'm pretty sure he'll get bumped down once Brown is back in the lineup. So it's looking to me like it's a battle between Nolan, Pearson and Carcillo for the last two forward spots if Lombardi and Sutter decide to keep 8 defensemen.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First what the heck are you doing up at 7am in Vegas? Maybe you were still up from ladt night? Second nice report from Ox Box East. Kopitar was told to look to shoot more and it is paying off. Another all star goal. The AHL guys have all looked good. The only problem is that there is no room for them. Good news for the Kings but not so much for them. Have fun at the game tonight Ox and post again. This one is not on TV.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First what the heck are you doing up at 7am in Vegas?

It was 8 o'clock here by my clock so what's wrong with SportsHoopla's clock? And I'm just a little too old to do the all night Vegas thing. Been there, done that as the saying goes. Yeah I'm looking for a little payback for the game in Denver tonight. It should be a better test for our boys. It didn't look to me like the Rangers are taking to the coaching change. I know Brad Richards was dressed for the game because I saw him during the warmups but he sure didn't make much of an appearance during the game. Looks like the Kings made out by getting "the other" Richards.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interview with DD08 about the "A" and he said he was surprised to see ut on his uniform. He knows there are a lot of guys ahead of him in the dressing room. He welcomes the chance to be a leader and feels like he is one but knows he needs to earn it.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garon needs to retire

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tonight's game didn't go nearly as well as last night's. Started off fine. Kings looked good and Colorado seemed to have a somewhat slow start. But it seemed after the second goal to start the 2nd period and get the 2-0 lead things went south rapidly. The Avalanche tightened up their defense and just about shut down the Kings offense. The Kings were still pretty much in control of the game though at 2-1 when Sutter made the goaltender change. Garon did not look comfortable at all and was giving up fat rebounds left and right. He did actually make the save on the tying goal but it ended up going through him and sat in the crease behind him until Landeskog pushed it in. Looked to me like he was the only guy on the ice besides the referee that knew where the puck was. Garon sure didn't and I think all the Kings thought he had it. The Avalanche winner was one of those fat rebounds that went right to Landeskog while Garon was down and way out of position.

Looks to me like Schrivens gets the backup position by default. He was sure the better looking goaltender tonight. Although the goal he gave up was off a rebound that went right to O'Reilly's stick with Schrivens flat on the ice. Even with the substandard goaltending the Kings could have won that game had they been able to generate some scoring chances 5-on-5 after the first period. Some credit has to be given the Avalanche defense I suppose especially after they got the lead. They just clamped down and throughout the 3rd period they just made sure there were 5 guys between the puck and Giguere whenever the Kings got possession inside their zone.

Sad ending to an otherwise fun two days at the MGM Grand but in the end it's still just pre-season and the real games don't start until Thursday in Minnesota. They've now got 4 days to get prepared for the games that actually count. Management has the hard job of cutting the roster down to 23 from the present 28.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always awesome to see the Ox Box report, and even more so is the realization that Kings hockey is only 72+ hours away. Unbelievable.

The way 2012-13 ended for LA, I think with Mitchell in, Muzzin out and some production from Kopitar the Kings could have challenged them way more than they did. I would hope that left a bitter taste in their mouths and they are ready to challenge for the Cup again.

On a side note, how about my 0-4 New York Football Giants! Assclowns.

=)~~

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, how about my 0-4 New York Football Giants! Assclowns.

=)~~

They are getting manhandled in games, too. Pretty weird. Hawks are looking good :) I feel like it is going to be a Hawks/Broncos Super Bowl this year.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants only 2 wins away from first in their division.

NFC East blows these days. There was a time when going to the SB virtually meant going through the NFCE. Nowadays the teams look like a practice squad - it's like the Islanders or the Oilers of the NHL.

Easy wins.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting manhandled in games, too. Pretty weird. Hawks are looking good :) I feel like it is going to be a Hawks/Broncos Super Bowl this year.

The Giants have been decimated by injuries, mainly to their offensive line. It's causing a lot of problems, and I was not comfortable letting Bradshaw go after last season and it's showing. Yes, he is injury prone but he was a power back for being a smaller guy and was fiery, competitive and clutch in many moments.

I understand the cap situation and all that but he would be an improvement over any RB the Giants currently have. Wilson will be a decent back but his pocket protection skills are horrid. I'm always afraid when he is assigned the task of watching Manning's blind side, good chance # 10 is getting dumped.

The offense has been in complete disarray and there is no flow at all. Any time they get anything going, it seems something else happens and kills all momentum. Being 0-4, especially in the weak NFC East isn't a dagger but it's awful close.

Considering the best they can finish is 12-4, which essentially puts them in a Wild Card spot based on the rest of the NFC, I'm thinking it's another non-PO year for NY. They have almost no control over their own destiny even if they won the next 12 straight out.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East blows these days. There was a time when going to the SB virtually meant going through the NFCE. Nowadays the teams look like a practice squad - it's like the Islanders or the Oilers of the NHL.

Easy wins.
My point was they dont have to ne better than 29 other teams, just be the best in thier division. 7-9 champs